News Forum - Thai authorities approve Pfizer for children under 5

Thaiger

Thai authorities have approved Pfizer’s Comirnaty Covid-19 vaccines for children between six months old to under five years old. The secretary-general of the country’s Food and Drug Administration announced the approval yesterday. For children in this age range, the dose will be adjusted to 10 micrograms per dose. For children 5-11 years old, the dose is 30mcg. Eight weeks after children have had their second dose, they can get booster shots with 3mcg per dose eight weeks after the second shot. FDA secretary-general Dr. Paisan Dankhum said… “With three doses, the vaccine’s efficacy against Covid-19 will rise to 80.3 per […]

The story Thai authorities approve Pfizer for children under 5 as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Children under 5 hardly ever develop serious symptoms when infected with Covid. But they do build up natural resistance against it. Vaccinating this group is rather, well, not so clever.

Might make an exception for those children who already have serious health problems.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Janneman said:

Children under 5 hardly ever develop serious symptoms when infected with Covid. But they do build up natural resistance against it. Vaccinating this group is rather, well, not so clever.

Might make an exception for those children who already have serious health problems.

My kid was 10 months old when she had Covid-19, and it was extremely hard for her to recover. Some of the Covid-19 symptoms are sore throat & fever, and when a toddler gets a sore throat they immediately refuse to drink or eat much due to the pain. They don't understand that in order to reduce the fever they need to have sufficient fluid intake, can't really blame them since they are still babies. With low fluid intake this exacerbate their recovery. In the end she has to go through the pain of being administered IV drips to help with her fluid intake.

You may not have children so you may not know the effects of Covid-19 on them but it is these little symptoms (sore throat, fever) which left untreated can progress to more serious symptoms (liver failure due to insufficient fluid intake). Also just like in adults natural immunity for Covid doesn't last a life time. 

My reservations on this are definetely out and if my kids were that young I probably wouldn't have them vacinated unless they had some sort of underlying health problem. Now monkey pox if there was a vaccine I am not sure as well. I remember having a mild case of chicken pox when I was a little boy and it did not do really anything me or my brothers. Some things we just have to think the human body at young ages can handle it.

• Like 2

Six times higher infection rate
Study: the number of unreported coronaviruses in children is significantly higher

www.rtl.de/.../antikoerper-studie-corona...

Have we misjudged the role of children in spreading COVID-19?
www.cmaj.ca/content/192/38/E1102

Do you like this : Italy School: unvaccinated teachers will be able to return to class from 1 September
https://www.lindipendente.online/2022/08/22/scuola-dal-primo-settembre-i-professori-non-vaccinati-potranno-tornare-in-classe/

This is the official statement from Italy Ministry of Education https://www.miur.gov.it/documents/20182/0/La+nota+inviata+alle+istituzioni+scolastiche.pdf/a267b68b-dc80-9892-571e-a4254a60f3d7?version=1.0&t=1660917749623

On 8/25/2022 at 12:06 PM, Noble_Design said:

My kid was 10 months old when she had Covid-19, and it was extremely hard for her to recover. Some of the Covid-19 symptoms are sore throat & fever, and when a toddler gets a sore throat they immediately refuse to drink or eat much due to the pain. They don't understand that in order to reduce the fever they need to have sufficient fluid intake, can't really blame them since they are still babies. With low fluid intake this exacerbate their recovery. In the end she has to go through the pain of being administered IV drips to help with her fluid intake.

You may not have children so you may not know the effects of Covid-19 on them but it is these little symptoms (sore throat, fever) which left untreated can progress to more serious symptoms (liver failure due to insufficient fluid intake). Also just like in adults natural immunity for Covid doesn't last a life time. 

You obviously seem to know what you talk about, but aren't those symptoms the same when we only had to deal with the "ordinary" flue or just plain cold ? And as you know the side effects of the "vaccine" are only now becoming more visible and there are many children that have developed myocarditis and other life threatening conditions after the shots. I personally think the risks involved outweigh the possible benefits.

On 8/25/2022 at 8:06 AM, Noble_Design said:

Hope she recovered 100% by now.

But that is the difficult part of this issue. Children under 5 hardly ever develop serious symptoms. So is it wise to vaccinate 1 million children to prevent 100 or 500 serious cases? I cannot answer that. The official epidemiologists have the figures so they can. And in Europe their answer is, no, we only vaccinate children under 12 who already have other health issues.