News Forum - Filipino workers invited to check in with Thailand tourism sector

Thaiger

Workers from the Philippines are invited to check in with the Thai tourism industry. A meeting last week between the Philippines Department of Tourism (DOT), and the Thailand Ministry of Tourism and Sports (MOTS) concluded positively with an agreement to open the hospitality door to Filipino workers. The MOTS minister, Phiphat Ratchakitprakarn, made it known there is a shortage of workers in the Thai tourism industry that needs filling, especially in the hospitality sector. Phiphat reported that only 40% of positions are filled and that there are different hotel staff vacancies in every position. The 67 year old revealed that with […]

The story Filipino workers invited to check in with Thailand tourism sector as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

We definitely need more lovely Filipina workers from Angeles City and Makati areas 😆

From Burgos Street with love 😉

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Phiphat added that he prefers professionals from the Philippines because of their excellent command of English, an important skill in accommodating Thailand’s foreign tourists and guests.

Great plan, foreigners take care of foreigners.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Great plan, foreigners take care of foreigners.

Imagine a tourist asking a Filipino what's the best Thai food to try and he/she answers: Adobo/Balut/Sinigang

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Thaiger said:

professionals from the Philippines

Will be interesting to see how this will affect the "land of Smiles" score.

14 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Will be interesting to see how this will affect the "land of Smiles" score.

Couldn't hurt it in my experience. 

I suspect that they will get  more takers if they publicly stamp down on the illegal schemes where they tell Filipina girls they are being  hired to work in hotels  and restaurants and then take their passports and force  them into sex work after they arrive. 

Plenty of Filipino singers doing ok in Thailand,  I'm sure bring some to hotels will be fine, their English is much better. Show me the money!

On 8/24/2022 at 10:03 PM, ace035 said:

Better not low balling us & be given a "Cheap Charlie" salary.

Well, if you look at the qualifications you need as a foreigner for a long term visa including a working permit... Highly skilled, earn at least 80k dollars, work for a 150m dollar company. Or invest 1m dollars. 

If there are positions to be filled, and not enough Thais want to participate, then fill them. 

The problem becomes conservative Nationalists who typically champion free market principles, like this one, will eventually decry the "foreign invasion" on television chat shows and social media, amplified to average Thais who have no connection to, interest in or knowledge of the industry and thus, didn't realize they should be outraged about the massive, national crisis.

That's how uninformed Make the Country Great again flag waving 'patriots' are created. 

Politicians with an internet connection see an easy opportunity to enhance their standing and personal gain among the commoners.  Instead of setting the record straight and informing the constituency (aka: leadership), they cowardly echo the irrational outrage for popularity, masquerading as "being in touch with the commoners on kitchen table issues they're concerned about".  Except it's not that and they know it, but ride the train and get while the gettin's good.  If the commoners wind up losing the plot and burn down some buildings and some of them die in the process, wave the flag and make them heroic martyrs in the patriotic fight for freedumb. 

"Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities".

On 8/24/2022 at 8:23 PM, Noble_Design said:

We definitely need more lovely Filipina workers from Angeles City and Makati areas 😆

Seeing Russian deminomdaines outside a dedicated club in Pattaya blew me away! Shows how powerful their Mafia must be! 

Encountered a thug in a Sewen there once, he was blocking an aisle just to be an Alpha wanker, but without a doubt, he had the eyes of a psycho killer, the sort you see in those Brazillian prison documentaries, it made my blood run cold. I just walked the long way round. Let him have his little thug hard-on 

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Confused 1