News Forum - Locals angry as Middle Eastern joyriders race through Pattaya

Thaiger

Middle Eastern joyriders have turned Sukhumvit Road in Pattaya into a racing track… again, and locals are sick of it. Locals urged police to use the full force of the law and impose serious measures as the number of racers on Sukhumvit Road has increased over the past two months. Last night, Thai media reported that a group of more than 30 Middle Eastern road racers gathered in front of the Esso Petrol Station in the southern part of Pattaya in the Nong Prue sub-district of Bang Lamueng district, and turned Sukhumvit Road into a race track. They ignored other […]

The story Locals angry as Middle Eastern joyriders race through Pattaya as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Pattaya Police need to get off their feckless, lazy, incompetent collective asses and sort it out. Its hardly rocket science to put an end to this behavior by these 'quality tourists' 

• Like 8

The locals just need some square pieces off wood and throw them a couple of times on the road, in front of this idiots.

Or the good old way, a steal rope, pulled surprisingly up to about 1.2-1.5m height. Solved. 

Before they can do it again, holiday finished

• Like 4

OK so the police can clearly see the number plates.

Trace the number plate to the rental company.

Get the passport details from the rental company.

Get the address where they are staying from immigration.

Go to the address and seize the motorbike. Fine them for whatever laws they have broken.

Publish their names on a website so motorbike rental shops can check if someone has already had a bike seized and refuse to rent them another.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Rookiescot said:

OK so the police can clearly see the number plates.

I never knew that Camels had number plates. 555

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

I never knew that Camels had number plates. 555

Maybe not, but the locals are certainly getting the hump over this 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Knock this sort of behaviour on the head quickly, otherwise it will spread like wildfire to other Provinces with copycat behaviour.

• Like 1

Back in the sandpit, this is the ONLY legal pleasure (fast cars not street racing) young dudes have besides a slow death from tobacco, naturally they'd import it just as we imported, er, black pudding and jimmy dean's (I was going to say drinking and whoring, but the locals are the champions, my friends).

... Anyway!

There were some spectacular street racing videos on YouTube years ago, probably long scrubbed for their often gory always dangerous content. There really was some masterful POV driving videos, and some horror stack-ups.

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

So the Police are aware of it but choose to do nothing, why ? I was under the illusion that it was the duty of the Police to stop this type of behavior, or are they afraid of the number of people they will have to charge, there has to be some good money to be made charging this lot in various fines. 555

TIT.

• Like 2

As these wankers come hooning down the road, throw a fishing net in front of them. Bloody amazing how quickly the bikes come to a stop when the net gets caught up in the back sprocket. The Vietnamese police have used this method to stop boy racers. Really effective.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

The locals just need some square pieces off wood and throw them a couple of times on the road, in front of this idiots.

Or the good old way, a steal rope, pulled surprisingly up to about 1.2-1.5m height. Solved. 

Before they can do it again, holiday finished

Surely you jest Beau Geste? It's a good old way to solve an accommodation problem too, a few decades in the monkey house for malicious actions causing death and injury. Nice Thai Expat life finished🤣

2 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

Back in the sandpit, this is the ONLY legal pleasure (fast cars not street racing) young dudes have besides a slow death from tobacco, naturally they'd import it just as we imported, er, black pudding and jimmy dean's (I was going to say drinking and whoring, but the locals are the champions, my friends).

... Anyway!

There were some spectacular street racing videos on YouTube years ago, probably long scrubbed for their often gory always dangerous content. There really was some masterful POV driving videos, and some horror stack-ups.

Except its not legal.

8 hours ago, palooka said:

Knock this sort of behaviour on the head quickly, otherwise it will spread like wildfire to other Provinces with copycat behaviour.

Coz no one has ever raced bikes in any other province...😲

I bet the fines are around ฿1000 so they dont care...Simple send them home the next day, ban them Coming back for 3 years .. it won't take many to stop this

19 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

I bet the fines are around ฿1000 so they dont care...Simple send them home the next day, ban them Coming back for 3 years .. it won't take many to stop this

The problem for the police is:

They bring foreign money! Pattaya needs money. Kicking them out or charging them too much, . ....

Als they are one if the two big tourist groups that brings money to local shops, in Pattaya. They rent Motos, they sleep in smaller hotels, they go to Girly Bars, Massages, .....

Aside that they seem to be in  a group size, that not even the very group orientated locals are willing to challenge themselves. Which would usually be in a 1:5 or 1:10 ratio, just the culprits have an equal group society. So here they ask the police to do it.

The problem for the police is:

....  (start over at top)

17 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Coz no one has ever raced bikes in any other province...😲

Oh they do and it is getting worse, just don't need the encouragement these stories bring, to accelerate the stupidity.

• Like 1

On 8/22/2022 at 6:39 PM, Venusianhart said:

... Anyway!

Happy with that... if the dromedary drivers want to do that, take their spoilt and indulged backsides back to their homeland and do it there.

How long before a local gets really peeved and pulls out the hidden bang stick to put an end to it?

• Like 1