News Forum - ‘Win’ motorbike taxi drivers protest against GrabBike in Bangkok, Thailand

Thaiger

In Bangkok, “Win” motorbike taxi drivers in orange jackets have monopolised the streets for years, whipping customers from place to place in record time, until the arrival of the Grab. Today at 12.30pm, more than 150 Win drivers honked their horns outside the Ministry of Transport in Bangkok to demand the removal of Grab’s GrabBike feature, which they say is operating illegally. Representatives from the Motorbike Taxi Association of Thailand organised the protest today, joined by hundreds of win drivers. The win drivers want to know what progress has been made in the ministry’s investigation of Grab, having expressed their […]

The story ‘Win’ motorbike taxi drivers protest against GrabBike in Bangkok, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Maybe look behind the scenes of who owns Grab and you may find answers to how they bypass the stringent tests to operate.🙃 Just a suggestion.

• Like 1

This high fees that the new “Win” motorbike taxi drivers have to pay to get allowed to work look suspiciously like mafia extortion. In simple words, they have been made to pay by mafia and now they want their passengers to compensate them.

From this point of view Grab and Bolt look like the way to get rid of mafia parasites in motorbike taxi industry 👍👍👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Dmitrii said:

This high fees that the new “Win” motorbike taxi drivers have to pay to get allowed to work look suspiciously like mafia extortion. In simple words, they have been made to pay by mafia and now they want their passengers to compensate them.

From this point of view Grab and Bolt look like the way to get rid of mafia parasites in motorbike taxi industry 👍👍👍

If I am on the street and "hailing" a bike, I much rather go with the old school Win guys than book on my phone and sit there and wait and look for the Grab I ordered

So much easier to jump on old school MB.........

If I am ordering to my door.........that is different

same thing happened with red song thaews in chiangmai .. the article said it all grab is cheaper, they dont try to rip you off.. chiangmai for example and bkk are a joke for foreigners and few of these expensive win driver speak english. Maybe an english proficeciancy test should be included as well for 50,000 baht or a one month course in business english specific to their trade.

The future is grab  ... what will they do when driverless taxis arrive ... that is also coming within 20 years in cities like bkk ...

you need a new business model

6 minutes ago, jobapps said:

same thing happened with red song thaews in chiangmai .. the article said it all grab is cheaper, they dont try to rip you off.. chiangmai for example and bkk are a joke for foreigners and few of these expensive win driver speak english. Maybe an english proficeciancy test should be included as well for 50,000 baht or a one month course in business english specific to their trade.

The future is grab  ... what will they do when driverless taxis arrive ... that is also coming within 20 years in cities like bkk ...

Expensive Win drivers?

They are MB taxis

They costs 40,50, 60 baht, they aren't expensive 

Oh and they are in Thailand not another country 

What country are you from? Can all the taxi drivers speak Japanese, Thai or other foreign languages 

I’ve been ripped off by Win drivers on at least two occasions and my 24 year old daughter who lives in Bangkok would never dream of using anything except a Grab bike. The price is shown as soon as she orders it, she taps to agree and money is taken out of her account. She gets notification of the bike’s registration number and how long she has to wait, which is often only a few minutes. At her destination she gets off and walks away. Nothing could be simpler. 

Edited by Leeshard
  • Like 2

Protesting against innovation that provides better and cheaper services never ends well.

plus I would say at least 20% of Grab Win are orange vests themselves. 

For short local rides 20-40 baht the orange vest are fine. But for longer rides Grab is much superior with a lower, reasonable rate.

If It’s late in the afternoon and I’m going from Sathorn to Ekkamai / Thong Lor a taxi / car is insanely long and good luck with an orange vest.

But for grab it’ll be maybe 80 baht with a reliable driver. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2022 at 8:22 PM, jobapps said:

They will attack driverless taxies and try extorting money from their owners. But surprise!!! The owners of these driverless taxies will rather put them all into jail (or 1 meter under ground) then pay these pricks.