News Forum - Thai neitzens angry at SUV driver using a siren just to use toilet

Thaiger

Thai netizens made it known there were outraged by the owner of a black SUV car that traveled at high speed and used a siren – just to use a toilet. Dashcam footage of the SUV was posted on the Facebook page Let Me Know If You Want to Be Famous Return Part 3. The video was posted on August 14 with a caption that said… “This car turned on its siren and lights to pass other cars on the road. The car did this from Pathum Thani to Nakhon Nayok province. There was no emergency or road accident on […]

The story Thai neitzens angry at SUV driver using a siren just to use toilet as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Anyone who uses flashing lights or a siren inappropriately could face a fine of up to 1,000 baht.

Expensive trip to the little room even by Thai standards.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Anyone who uses flashing lights or a siren inappropriately could face a fine of up to 1,000 baht.

A VIP package with Siren+flashing lights should be offered to all Fortuner owners. It's definitely worth 1000B if you're important.

8 hours ago, DesperateOldHand said:

I'd be more curious as to how many of these netizens [whatever that is] were outraged?

Both of them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

1 hour ago, Skip said:

Thailand... quickly becoming the country of "me... me" 

As opposed to the ones desperate for the toilet - we... we.

• Haha 4

17 hours ago, palooka said:

Does that apply to ambulances that don't appear to have an OFF switch for their lights?

It is almost to the stage where I am ignoring emergency vehicles running on lights only

Yeah, I roll my eyes at the "Rescue" clowns in their lowered, rusty pick up trucks driving Code 3 to the noodle shop for lunch.  Or country cops in beat up pick up trucks driving around at night with the red light bar flashing for no (apparent) reason.   

In part, may be why Thai drivers seem indifferent to emergency vehicles.  I still yield by force of habit, probably like most others from countries with more professional/trained emergency services.  Also that we are capable of empathy, thinking how maddening it would be to need hospital ER treatment but stuck in traffic behind unyielding douche bag drivers picking their noses whilst watching Tik Tok vids on their phone.

• Like 1