News Forum - Speedo-wearing middle-aged joggers in Jomtien cause uproar

Thaiger

Scantily clad women are a fairly common sight in Pattaya, in clubs by night and on the beach by day. But when the gender roles were reversed, people on social media were going nuts over two middle-aged men jogging up Jomtien Beach Road, wearing nothing more than tight Speedo bathing suits as they ran. Photos were posted on social media and went viral by Sunday that captured two foreign men, estimated to be between 50 and 60 years old, trotting down the street clad only in trainers and blue Speedo bathing suits. But what seemed like a silly local sight […]

The story Speedo-wearing middle-aged joggers in Jomtien cause uproar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Jokes aside, the locals are powerless to intervene in the endless coups and regurgitation of corrupt crap government with its dinosaur rules and untouchable elites. 

So it comes to this, two geezers on a beachfront, in beachwear, being savaged. 

There's real anger seething in this nation, but it's being channeled into xenophobia and faux outrage.

I'm willing to bet any Thai geezer who did this would not be given a second thought, just passed off as "ting tong" and left to it. 

It's all just xenophobic nonsense. But the rage is real, and eventually it will be directed at those that deserve it. 

If in doubt ask the Sri Lankans.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Scantily clad women are a fairly common sight in Pattaya, in clubs by night and on the beach by day. But when the gender roles were reversed, people on social media were going nuts over two middle-aged men jogging up Jomtien Beach Road, wearing nothing more than tight Speedo bathing suits as they ran. Photos were posted on social media and went viral by Sunday that captured two foreign men, estimated to be between 50 and 60 years old, trotting down the street clad only in trainers and blue Speedo bathing suits. But what seemed like a silly local sight […]

The story Speedo-wearing middle-aged joggers in Jomtien cause uproar as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Foreigners again😀

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

It's all just xenophobic nonsense.

Relax, they aren't THAT racist. If they are, there would have been laws (like in neighboring Laos) making it illegal for you to barfine a lady and bringing her back to your hotel.

Remember the bikini-clad model in a pet shop, to promote some fish? She got the same reaction from 'concerned citizens'. Now I understand some folk may get upset by either bikini-clad girls, or elderly men running around in speedo's. But in Thailand? Worldwide known for its soapy massages, ladyboys offering various services, gogo-bars, and streetwalking girls? Racism isnt the first word that pops up in my mind. Hypocrism is.

• Like 3

I just figured they were carrying plums and mentos to comply with the no plastic bag rules at 7-11

PENAL codes indeed!!!!

• Haha 1

Not my choice of attire

But I see nothing offensive about Speedos

And Thailand is a bit ridiculous on what they choose to be offended and not offended by, at times 

I went to a bar last night and there was ladies wearing bikinis offering me sexual services for money. I was shocked. I’m going there again tonight. In my Speedos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

57 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I went to a bar last night and there was ladies wearing bikinis offering me sexual services for money. I was shocked. I’m going there again tonight. In my Speedos. 

Bet you don't get one offer of money for anything.🤣

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

Them chicks dig those Speedos

• Cool 1

No one wants to see an old bloke in speedos but I wouldn't say it is offensive.

If I saw it I might want to poke my eyes out with a hot stick but not offensive 🤣🤣🤣