Jump to content

News Forum - Author Salman Rushdie stabbed at New York lecture


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Booker Prize winning author Salman Rushdie has been attacked on stage in New York City. The 75 year old writer was speaking at an event at the Chautauqua Institution when a male suspect ran up onto the stage and attacked Rushdie and an interviewer. Rushdie was stabbed in the neck before he was rushed to hospital by helicopter His condition is not known at the moment. The suspect was immediately grabbed by police and taken into custody. SOURCE: BBC

The story Author Salman Rushdie stabbed at New York lecture as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best thing they could do with the perpetrator is have a total blackout of media on the legal proceedings with only a statement of sentencing. 

Keep him alive in jail for as long as possible and on death consign him to an unmarked grave with no media releases of his demise.

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Now do some of you realize why the muslims are hated throughout the world... this is the result of a fatwa  issued by Iran emirs... if they don't like you or what you say or do it is required that you be killed.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Best thing they could do with the perpetrator is have a total blackout of media on the legal proceedings with only a statement of sentencing. 

Keep him alive in jail for as long as possible and on death consign him to an unmarked grave with no media releases of his demise.

I totally agree with this for some particular heinous crimes. Western media almost  seems to celebrate these infamous criminals. School shooters, serial killers, politicians etc - we know all about these scum bags and how does that help anyone except for the sick puppies themselves or others keen to emulate them for the infamy and notoriety.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's when you realize that the media does not care about people or what they write about, it's all about money and nothing else same as politics and most of what goes on in the world today. Most people don't give a dam any more the world has gone to crap and being run by lunatics and minorities and money.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Skip said:

Now do some of you realize why the muslims are hated throughout the world... this is the result of a fatwa  issued by Iran emirs... if they don't like you or what you say or do it is required that you be killed.

All religions based on faith and deities should be "unrecognized" and laughed at IMO.   

Any government that acknowledges or gives tax breaks or even allows "buildings" to be built for people to preach and be told stories about mythological deities is absurd in the 21st century.  

End the foolishness, we have much bigger problems in this world and none will be solved by your "gods"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

All religions based on faith and deities should be "unrecognized" and laughed at IMO.   

Any government that acknowledges or gives tax breaks or even allows "buildings" to be built for people to preach and be told stories about mythological deities is absurd in the 21st century.  

End the foolishness, we have much bigger problems in this world and none will be solved by your "gods"

Here we go...

You do realize how ridiculous you are right? Despite the cringeworthy profile pic. 

 

which religion in this day and age, apart from Islam, does a senior religious leader literally instruct followers to have a holy vendetta and death warrant on an innocent person?

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

How weak is your religion that when someone criticisms it they have to be killed? It’s absolutely pathetic at the end of the day all religions are based on what? Blind faith that’s all, this is the 21st century we know so much about the cosmos that we are part of, we know how evolution works and how we ourselves have evolved these are facts with more proof of those facts being found out on an almost daily basis. Yet people still prefer to believe in ancient books written hundreds and hundreds of years ago and are brainwashed as children that these are facts written in these stupid books. If every religious book and scientific book was destroyed in a few hundred years all the scientific books would be back but who would write the nonsense of these so called holy books. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm just waiting for the left leaning MSM to put out the same headline (The attacker had mental health issues).

Like they do after every radical Islamic terrorist attack.

Just a point to note as another OP stated Iran put this fatwa on Salman Rushtie many years ago Joe Biden and his Administration are actively trying to make a deal with Iran so they can become a nuclear power. 

2nd point to note high profile speaker like Salman Rushdie in New York the security planning and preparation was slack that in this attacker could get so close to him without getting double tapped with 9mm?.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, palooka said:

Best thing they could do with the perpetrator is have a total blackout of media on the legal proceedings with only a statement of sentencing. 

Keep him alive in jail for as long as possible and on death consign him to an unmarked grave with no media releases of his demise.

I personally think a pig skin shroud would be fitting!

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

    *If this thread turns into another anti-Muslim tirade,                            it will be locked, just like the last thread. *

                                    Moderator

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Davelee said:

Here we go...

You do realize how ridiculous you are right? Despite the cringeworthy profile pic. 

which religion in this day and age, apart from Islam, does a senior religious leader literally instruct followers to have a holy vendetta and death warrant on an innocent person?

A recently renewed one called Trumpism, following the well-worn path as any other extremist 'movement'.   Radicalized via internet and television.  Fatwas issued by the central leader, although in this case they are left vague enough so the leader can dodge legal responsibility and accountability.  Rank and file followers get the message loud and clear, are increasingly taking direct action and winding up in prison and/or dead; the group calls them patriots which is just another word for martyr.  

Preferred device is high-capacity firearm rather than suicide vests, at least for now.  Pipe bombs, car/truck bombs used by this group's previous adherents in the past, so watch this space. 

There's literally no distinction in the underlying dynamic to any other extremist movement and Trumpism at this stage.   Too bad the rank and file Trump/Fox adherents haven't used the robust quantity of 'common sense' they like to boast is their guiding principle, to see what they've been swept up in, and how it has turned them into a worse version of what they previously claimed to be against. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, TWS60 said:

A recently renewed one called Trumpism, following the well-worn path as any other extremist 'movement'.   Radicalized via internet and television.  Fatwas issued by the central leader, although in this case they are left vague enough so the leader can dodge legal responsibility and accountability.  Rank and file followers get the message loud and clear, are increasingly taking direct action and winding up in prison and/or dead; the group calls them patriots which is just another word for martyr.  

Preferred device is high-capacity firearm rather than suicide vests, at least for now.  Pipe bombs, car/truck bombs used by this group's previous adherents in the past, so watch this space. 

There's literally no distinction in the underlying dynamic to any other extremist movement and Trumpism at this stage.   Too bad the rank and file Trump/Fox adherents haven't used the robust quantity of 'common sense' they like to boast is their guiding principle, to see what they've been swept up in, and how it has turned them into a worse version of what they previously claimed to be against. 

Let's not go off topic here TWS60 my old China this topic is about a radical Islamic attack on Salman Rushdie.

As much as I'd like to educate you on the dangers of a Totalitarian Government (like the current US one).

This topic is about Salman Rushdie and its an interesting one so let's keep it open. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Obviously, this is terrible that this guy got injured.

With that out of the way, I want to ridicule the utterly corrupt press. Here's what NBC had to say about it:

Quote

State Police Maj. Eugene Staniszewski said the motive for the stabbing was unclear. A preliminary law enforcement review of Matar's social media accounts shows he is sympathetic to Shia extremism and Islamic Revolutionary Guard Corps causes

Two consecutive sentences that contradict each other, with apparently zero awareness by the author. This is the mainstream news that's supposed to be trustworthy. Please try to realize that the press is doing the same kind of stuff on every subject.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just find it amazing that the security was as it looks to be little to non existent for a person who has a life long death sentence on his head. Everytimne I hear the name Salman Rushdie it sends me exactly back to the time of the OMG wow and I just cannot believe that they take that much offense to something they should look the other way and ignore. Look at the Muhammad hilarious satirical cartoons drawn in France and the craziness from the radicals as death sentences put on the magazine Charlie Hebdo. Let's see who is actually repsondisble for the Salman stabbing, but we can all think it is almost certainly connected to a certain religion and radicaly brainwahsed person.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I beter clear this up a little, some people love to misunderstand what i mean is when a muslim blow something up or shoot someone its always a radical or only one 

if somebody else (not muslim) kils a muslim then the whole world is against muslims and we all are racist 

a little dubbele  standards 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just in the news a peace loving muslim just put 20 million on the head of  geert wilders ( a dutch politician )

with the words you will be next 

my belief that they love peace get very small now but as always its only one but it looks to me that there are a lot now

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Davelee said:

in this day and age, apart from Islam, does a senior religious leader literally instruct followers to have a holy vendetta and death warrant on an innocent person?

There are many "imams" or Islamic leaders.   Yes, these fatwas can be death warrants, but again it is because these people "believe" in mythological writings from 2-3 centuries ago and still follow imams or preachers.

Look at the Oklahoma city bombings, Waco, Texas, or Jim Jones....all Christian radicals who caused deaths of many innocent people.  No not the same as a fatwa targeting one person - but again radicalized because of extreme beliefs in imaginary "prophets", or gods  i.e. "religion" 

"in this day and age"  was not the death warrant for Rushdie announced in 1988?  

Edited by ExpatPattaya
Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Look at the Oklahoma city bombings, Waco, Texas, or Jim Jones....all Christian radicals who caused deaths of many innocent people.

You might have a point, but boy do your examples suck. AFAIK the Oklahoma City bombing had nothing to do with religion. I remember watching the fire at Waco live. At the time it was understood that the fire had probably been caused by the ATF (so, again, not religion)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Skip said:

Now do some of you realize why the muslims are hated throughout the world... this is the result of a fatwa  issued by Iran emirs... if they don't like you or what you say or do it is required that you be killed.

Surprised? As he's been on the secret hit list forever.

Actually, one will find all this commonplace among hidden and dark intel circles from the usual and least obvious corners.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Friends assault teenager, anger over harmless message to Thai ex

    2. 4

      News Forum - Elderly woman abducted and sexually assaulted by drug addict

    3. 4

      News Forum - Monk arrested for sexually assulting seven year old niece

    4. 0

      Thaiger Talk Quiz #266 - Which year did it open?

    5. 57

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

  • New Topics

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use