News Forum - Thailand getting high on cannabis boost to tourist economy

Thaiger

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha recently reported the government is expecting about 10 million tourists to hit the kingdom before the end of the year and it reports are true, most of them plan on getting high. The Thai government removed cannabis and hemp plants from its banned narcotics list on June 9 leaving people in Thailand free to grow and sell it. But the government stated that the production and consumption of the drug are only permitted for medical use, not recreational use, and only of low-potency marijuana, containing less than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol of the hallucinogenic compound. The Thai government […]

The story Thailand getting high on cannabis boost to tourist economy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Thai Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-o-cha recently reported the government is expecting about 10 million tourists to hit the kingdom before the end of the year and it reports are true, most of them plan on getting high. The Thai government removed cannabis and hemp plants from its banned narcotics list on June 9 leaving people in Thailand free to grow and sell it. But the government stated that the production and consumption of the drug are only permitted for medical use, not recreational use, and only of low-potency marijuana, containing less than 0.2% tetrahydrocannabinol of the hallucinogenic compound. The Thai government […]

The story Thailand getting high on cannabis boost to tourist economy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So what The Government stated is taken as a load of baloney and disregarded. GREAT!  555

The new cannabis rules will not attract many wealthy foreigners, you know, the ones hey are aiming for. Using cannabis (in whatever form) wont be the main reason for them visiting Thailand. But those new rules will surely attract tons of visitors from neighbouring countries. And who knows, maybe the 10 million number might even be reached.

Anutin may not be the most diplomatic of MPs and he hangs with some monstrous human beings, but unlike the current PM, nobody can deny he hasn't brought herbal happiness to the people!

No going back now! I can't wait to get back, out of squeaky clean NZ where a slim majority of the Kiwis unbelievably downvoted the happy herb (probably out of reefer madness ignorance and local racism!) in a recent referendum, it will be years maybe decades, before they get a chance like that again.

Edited by Venusianhart
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Janneman said:

The new cannabis rules will not attract many wealthy foreigners, you know, the ones hey are aiming for. Using cannabis (in whatever form) wont be the main reason for them visiting Thailand. But those new rules will surely attract tons of visitors from neighbouring countries. And who knows, maybe the 10 million number might even be reached.

You're blowing smoke old chap! 

The wealthy are major illicit drug consumers, the entire story you're commenting on basically says as much! At home, they just never get busted because they don't have to get it off the streets.

The users in neighbouring countries will likely be policed by their shitty paranoid authorities and drug tested on return, so that market will not eventuate.

Malaysia have already started, and Singapore and Indonesia have put their citizens on notice!

Edited by Venusianhart

1 hour ago, HolyCowCm said:

It is a way to boost fun and tourism. Bangkok has shops with some OMG Wow stuff, but it is way way way over priced.

Get your better half onto it, they can pick it up at the fresh markets for a few hundred baht. Just;teeach them to ask for bud, not leaf, and enjoy!

I'm very fortunate, my gardening mad missus was terrified of it when I met her in 2013, I gradually reprogrammed her, and when she finally discovered the mellow truth for herself,  she applied for a growers licence as soon as it was legal 🤣

34 minutes ago, Venusianhart said:

Get your better half onto it, they can pick it up at the fresh markets for a few hundred baht. Just;teeach them to ask for bud, not leaf, and enjoy!

I'm very fortunate, my gardening mad missus was terrified of it when I met her in 2013, I gradually reprogrammed her, and when she finally discovered the mellow truth for herself,  she applied for a growers licence as soon as it was legal 🤣

Fresh markets? Sounds weird and not sure CM would have it there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

I have never had anything but horrible weed in Thailand, just bottom of the barrel stuff

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

I have never had anything but horrible weed in Thailand, just bottom of the barrel stuff

Then don't go.  I hear Colorado is totally awesome! 🙄

• Haha 1

On 8/12/2022 at 9:46 PM, Marc26 said:

Was this when it was illegal? I’ve been to a few dispensaries here since they opened and there’s a lot of very high quality bud now. 
You’ve been getting it from the wrong places I bet. 

1 hour ago, jerm138 said:

Was this when it was illegal? I’ve been to a few dispensaries here since they opened and there’s a lot of very high quality bud now. 

Yes when Illegal, I am looking forward to checking some out in December if I can

2 hours ago, jerm138 said:

Yes but 1 gram is 700 - 900 baht. But the stuff is a wow for sure. 

55 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Yes but 1 gram is 700 - 900 baht. But the stuff is a wow for sure. 

In BC, we have a government website that sells it

Prices all over

But the lowest for 1 gram is 165 baht and that is for quality stuff, but goes up as high as in the 1000's of baht, as well

5 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

In BC, we have a government website that sells it

Prices all over

But the lowest for 1 gram is 165 baht and that is for quality stuff, but goes up as high as in the 1000's of baht, as well

That’s cheap for what you are saying. But 900 baht for a gram is seriously rocking the boat. Over 400k a lbs. I did see some variety that went down near 600 a gram. Good thing I was just curious looking. Once in a while maybe. Great get rich scheme if you are in that boat. Who knows, by the time you get back here they may have forced it underground again which wound be a shame. 

All this paying top dollar for a gram, 500+.

I couldn't be bothered with any of that if I was so inclined. I'm not because I have drug tests hanging over me due to work so too much to lose. 

But I know I can buy 100g of Thai basic for 1500 baht so that wins it every time. 

29 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

That’s cheap for what you are saying. But 900 baht for a gram is seriously rocking the boat. Over 400k a lbs. I did see some variety that went down near 600 a gram. Good thing I was just curious looking. Once in a while maybe. Great get rich scheme if you are in that boat. Who knows, by the time you get back here they may have forced it underground again which wound be a shame. 

on the same website, they have gams for 2800baht as well

But it's BC, there is hardly any bad weed, to be honest

And I don't smoke as much as I used to, but I am curious to check out how good the weed is now in Thailand

7 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

on the same website, they have gams for 2800baht as well

But it's BC, there is hardly any bad weed, to be honest

And I don't smoke as much as I used to, but I am curious to check out how good the weed is now in Thailand

If still out and about and can get it, you are in for a surprise. Really good. 

idiots and junkies are everywhere. Thailand will have more problems with these people. There will be more work for the police, has a lot of problems with Thai people and now there will be problems with foreigners 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Cleite said:

idiots and junkies are everywhere. Thailand will have more problems with these people. There will be more work for the police, has a lot of problems with Thai people and now there will be problems with foreigners 

It's weed bro, relax..............

You must be a hoot at parties!   :)

• Like 1

Wondering if we could really be creative and intuitive by instigating other ideals/tools to spark the economy......this mindless droning on and subliminal promotion of the tourism gig has become weary. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cleite said:

Junkies? Hahaha. It’s marijuana, not heroin. It’s safer than coffee. 
You probably think people inject it or something. It’s amazing how effective propaganda is on people like you. 

• Thanks 1