STV Free Accommodation

gazzinoz

I wish to apply for a 90 day STV visa to visit my girlfriend in September and her family have offered to let me stay on the second floor of their shop without paying rent. Im wondering if anyone has had an experience like this and what documentation they provided to the embassy?
Im assuming that the family member leasing the shop might be able to download a tenancy agreement form and simply declare the amount of rent as zero?

Any help appreciated.

56 minutes ago, gazzinoz said:

Im assuming that the family member leasing the shop might be able to download a tenancy agreement form and simply declare the amount of rent as zero?

There's your problem, in my opinion.
The family member doesn't own the shop, he leases it. Does his lease allow for guests to stay?
I would imagine for staying at a private residential address, the Thai Embassy will request a copy of the Tabien as proof of address and a copy of the 'housemasters' ID card.
Have you actually seen this room? It could be a dive!

Why can't your girlfriend invite you to stay with her (letter translated to English). A copy of the Tabien Baan and her ID, even if you stay at the offered accommodation.

From the Thai Embassy website:
5. Remarks

• The Royal Thai Embassy in Canberra reserves the right to request additional documents as deemed necessary as well as reject any application without prejudice.
    • The applicants must provide genuine documents and information. If the applicants are found to provide false documents or give false information, their applications will be rejected and be reported for further determination of appropriate action and future prohibition to enter the Kingdom of Thailand.
    • Visa processing fees are non-refundable regardless outcome.
    • Visa processing fee is subject to change without prior notice.

https://canberra.thaiembassy.org/special-toursit-visa-category-stv/

I have confidence in my girlfriends impeccable sense of style and cleanliness, its not our first rodeo together 😁.
Thanks for your comment about the Tabien and housemasters ID card, Ill raise it with her.

In case it helps someone else, I finally received a response from my Thai Embassy and I need to provide a signed rental agreement even though I wont be paying anything.

I also need to obtain Thai health insurance which includes cover for covid up to $100,000USD. Interestingly when I made an enquiry with AXA they were unaware that covid 19 insurance is still required for STV since the announcement made by the Thai Immigration Department on the 1st July that covid insurance is no longer required for visitors.

22 minutes ago, gazzinoz said:

I also need to obtain Thai health insurance which includes cover for covid up to $100,000USD. Interestingly when I made an enquiry with AXA they were unaware that covid 19 insurance is still required for STV since the announcement made by the Thai Immigration Department on the 1st July that covid insurance is no longer required for visitors.

Two different types of Insurance, with different limits.

The Thai government only dropped the compulsory Insurance for all foreigners entering Thailand.
The compulsory Health Insurance for the Non Imm O-A, Non Imm O-X and STV still applies.

If you intend to extend your stay for a further 90 days, which you are permitted to do twice, Immigration will also request proof of Insurance for any additional 90 day extension.