What makes you ill?

SnapDragon

Great Topic!

My wife and I are on our 6th day of Hotel Quarantine food here in Bangkok. I am choosing mostly chicken, pork, rice and noodle options. After working 40 years in restaurants and eating the food at work- the fried, butter laced, and processed items were hard to escape. And did I mention all the cheese!

I am sure my digestive system will relish the healthy options that are common place here in Thailand.

Garbage in, Garbage Out!

Naturally this should lead to reduced illness! Any maybe smaller pant sizes!

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Great Topic!

My wife and I are on our 6th day of Hotel Quarantine food here in Bangkok. I am choosing mostly chicken, pork, rice and noodle options. After working 40 years in restaurants and eating the food at work- the fried, butter laced, and processed items were hard to escape. And did I mention all the cheese!

I am sure my digestive system will relish the healthy options that are common place here in Thailand.

Garbage in, Garbage Out!

Naturally this should lead to reduced illness! Any maybe smaller pant sizes!

Excellant choice that you have a balanced diet is good. By that I mean you can have healthy foods to eat in order to counterbalance the daily intake of beer. God Thailands a healthy place 😂

Just now, GMoney2312 said:

Bring on the Leo!🤣

Chang or Singha for me as more and more anecdotal evidence is emerging that Leo turns you gay. 😂

So as they say "Up to you" but be mindful, very mindful, if you are drinking Leo during a debate and somebody remarks "up yours" 😉

5 minutes ago, GMoney2312 said:

Ok, when drinking a Leo I will not wear a sweater around my neck, that should help!

Never wear pink shorts or a pink shirt either as that is like a red rag to a bull if you are near a gents barber shop 😂

Thanks to @yetanother for providing this link in the CCC-thread and pointing to the last post which addresses the issue of electromagnetic pollution 

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/postbag/2157535/truth-via-debate

As it is in a Newspaper opinion-page it will probably be removed after some time, so in order to preserve it and provide easy access I re-post that contribution here.

Time to tune out

Have you ever heard about electromagnetic pollution?

I am an electrical engineering professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, The University of Texas, with expertise in applied electromagnetics, wave propagation, and antenna design, and I recently published a scientific article regarding electromagnetic pollution in "Electromagnetics in Medicine and Biology".

And yes, I do teach and design all kinds of high-tech new-generation communication devices.

This has been one of my great concerns involving us all, those who live in this utopia-tech 21st century, this well-equipped and highly connected world, those who are partly aware and those who have no clue about what we are facing without our consent.

In spite of being happy to enjoy (free and) strong Wi-Fi in a multitude of accommodations, office buildings, subways, libraries, airplanes, coffee shops or even Barnes and Noble, I cannot help being nervous about it, and I always tell my friends and family to turn off their Wi-Fi routers and cellphones at least at night.

So far, "pollution" has been used to label air or water contaminants that what we can clearly see, smell or feel, like CO, NO2, bacteria, etc.

Electromagnetic waves lie in a very broad spectrum, from very low frequency in the hundreds Hz range (sound waves) to the zillion thousands or 1023Hz (Gamma rays).

Let's still enjoy a well-tuned Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Pink Martini or Maroon 5 melody. Leave the Gamma radiation concerns for Nasa or Space X, and concentrate on this unnecessary wireless communication in the GHz (109) band, located in the middle of the spectrum.

Our body, or more precisely, our organs and tissues, contain lots of water (99.33% of blood, 73.33% of the brain, 31.81% of the bones). Water is classified as a dielectric material, which can be easily stimulated by electromagnetic waves, meaning it can be excited, resonated, and can undeniably absorb all these communication waves.

The same goes for our organs and tissues, only with various levels, based on their ion contents as well as the electromagnetic parameter values.

You may be curious to take a glance at a few examples showing how our organs are reacting to small dipole antennas, common antennas used in cellphones, routers, smart watches, air pods, etc. Imagine what happens when you place a cellphone next to your ears or in your pocket, or air pods in your ears.

We can clearly notice the higher electromagnetic strength in the 28GHz utilised in 5G networks, over the typical 2.4GHz, widely used in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, etc.

Higher frequency means higher power, stronger radiation and a better signal along with great coverage, of course, as we all have heard from today's 5G advertisements.

It is technically all correct.

The hidden part is that as the waves are propagating through and oscillating inside our body, while being absorbed in our organs and tissues, even more than before, about 10 times. Our organs will need to tolerate much higher stimulation and residue.

Is this acceptable, or extremely dangerous?

Can't really judge that… My grandfather smoked 10 cigarettes a day and lived happily for 92 years, while my good neighbour, a sporadic smoker, recently passed away, at 49, with lung cancer.

We are all different and react differently to diverse stimuli.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have set certain electromagnetic regulations.

However, let's do some easy math. With several cellphones active in the same area, the total radiation can get close to 2 Watts, the same level as the maximum power radiation of 5 mW/cm2 at two inches from the microwave oven surface permitted by federal regulations!

Travelling in either first or economy class, with or without using Wi-Fi, airlines all try to make sure that we all share the same level of good signal that gets even stronger if someone next to us is streaming online games or watching private screening movies.

Don't really want to dig too much deeper here, but new 6G, Aerial Access Networks (AAN), are being developed as we speak. Picture this electromagnetic radiation spreading everywhere, surrounding us, whether on the ground, third or twentieth floor. Some will even be transmitted from space.

Can we consider all this "electromagnetic pollution alert"? The unnecessary, unwanted so-called advanced communications. Ready for you to use anytime, everywhere you want.

How about thinking more seriously about the harmful side effects?

Maybe it is time to get rewired, unplug our wireless devices, let our homes be just normal, not too smart, and turn off our cells for a while. We'll be definitely just fine with our current communication speed and signal quality. No need for more!

DR NANTAKAN WONGKASEM

Just now, BlueSphinx said:

Thanks to @yetanother for providing this link in the CCC-thread and pointing to the last post which addresses the issue of electromagnetic pollution 

>  

As it is in a Newspaper opinion-page it will probably be removed after some time, so in order to preserve it and provide easy access I re-post that contribution here.

Time to tune out

Have you ever heard about electromagnetic pollution?

I am an electrical engineering professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department, The University of Texas, with expertise in applied electromagnetics, wave propagation, and antenna design, and I recently published a scientific article regarding electromagnetic pollution in "Electromagnetics in Medicine and Biology".

And yes, I do teach and design all kinds of high-tech new-generation communication devices.

This has been one of my great concerns involving us all, those who live in this utopia-tech 21st century, this well-equipped and highly connected world, those who are partly aware and those who have no clue about what we are facing without our consent.

In spite of being happy to enjoy (free and) strong Wi-Fi in a multitude of accommodations, office buildings, subways, libraries, airplanes, coffee shops or even Barnes and Noble, I cannot help being nervous about it, and I always tell my friends and family to turn off their Wi-Fi routers and cellphones at least at night.

So far, "pollution" has been used to label air or water contaminants that what we can clearly see, smell or feel, like CO, NO2, bacteria, etc.

Electromagnetic waves lie in a very broad spectrum, from very low frequency in the hundreds Hz range (sound waves) to the zillion thousands or 1023Hz (Gamma rays).

Let's still enjoy a well-tuned Mozart, Tchaikovsky, Pink Martini or Maroon 5 melody. Leave the Gamma radiation concerns for Nasa or Space X, and concentrate on this unnecessary wireless communication in the GHz (109) band, located in the middle of the spectrum.

Our body, or more precisely, our organs and tissues, contain lots of water (99.33% of blood, 73.33% of the brain, 31.81% of the bones). Water is classified as a dielectric material, which can be easily stimulated by electromagnetic waves, meaning it can be excited, resonated, and can undeniably absorb all these communication waves.

The same goes for our organs and tissues, only with various levels, based on their ion contents as well as the electromagnetic parameter values.

You may be curious to take a glance at a few examples showing how our organs are reacting to small dipole antennas, common antennas used in cellphones, routers, smart watches, air pods, etc. Imagine what happens when you place a cellphone next to your ears or in your pocket, or air pods in your ears.

We can clearly notice the higher electromagnetic strength in the 28GHz utilised in 5G networks, over the typical 2.4GHz, widely used in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, ZigBee, etc.

Higher frequency means higher power, stronger radiation and a better signal along with great coverage, of course, as we all have heard from today's 5G advertisements.

It is technically all correct.

The hidden part is that as the waves are propagating through and oscillating inside our body, while being absorbed in our organs and tissues, even more than before, about 10 times. Our organs will need to tolerate much higher stimulation and residue.

Is this acceptable, or extremely dangerous?

Can't really judge that… My grandfather smoked 10 cigarettes a day and lived happily for 92 years, while my good neighbour, a sporadic smoker, recently passed away, at 49, with lung cancer.

We are all different and react differently to diverse stimuli.

The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) and International Telecommunication Union (ITU) have set certain electromagnetic regulations.

However, let's do some easy math. With several cellphones active in the same area, the total radiation can get close to 2 Watts, the same level as the maximum power radiation of 5 mW/cm2 at two inches from the microwave oven surface permitted by federal regulations!

Travelling in either first or economy class, with or without using Wi-Fi, airlines all try to make sure that we all share the same level of good signal that gets even stronger if someone next to us is streaming online games or watching private screening movies.

Don't really want to dig too much deeper here, but new 6G, Aerial Access Networks (AAN), are being developed as we speak. Picture this electromagnetic radiation spreading everywhere, surrounding us, whether on the ground, third or twentieth floor. Some will even be transmitted from space.

Can we consider all this "electromagnetic pollution alert"? The unnecessary, unwanted so-called advanced communications. Ready for you to use anytime, everywhere you want.

How about thinking more seriously about the harmful side effects?

Maybe it is time to get rewired, unplug our wireless devices, let our homes be just normal, not too smart, and turn off our cells for a while. We'll be definitely just fine with our current communication speed and signal quality. No need for more!

DR NANTAKAN WONGKASEM

"Maybe it is time to get rewired, unplug our wireless devices, let our homes be just normal, not too smart, and turn off our cells for a while. We'll be definitely just fine with our current communication speed and signal quality"

Or alternatively stick our heads in the sand and pretend the earth is not going round the sun anymore. Both suggestions not applicable to our evolutionary processes