Non-Imm O 1-year extension based on retirement - proof of 800,000THB

Nightflame

Hi,

I am over 50 and in Thailand on a Non-Imm O Visa (Retirement) for 90days.

I would like to prepare for a 1 year extension, and one of the criteria is 800,000THB in a Thai bank account with foreign origins proven.

After some fun and games I managed to open a Bangkok Bank account. Kasikornbank said they no longer issue bank accounts to Non-Imm O holders, even if I own property here.

Anyway what consitutes "foreign origins proven" for the 800,000THB? Do I need a FET/TT3?

I have been using Wise to transfer money in to my Bangkok Bank to buy beer, etc. But for depositing the 800,000THB is there something special I need to do to prove the the funds came from overseas?

Thanks

14 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

Anyway what consitutes "foreign origins proven" for the 800,000THB? Do I need a FET/TT3?

you do not need to prove where the initial 800K deposit comes from.  This only applies if you are using the monthly deposit method or the combination method. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nightflame said:

I have been using Wise to transfer money in to my Bangkok Bank to buy beer, etc. But for depositing the 800,000THB is there something special I need to do to prove the the funds came from overseas?

For the reason of transfer, select the last option ''Funds for long term stay in Thailand''.
In your passbook, this should be coded as 'FTT' (Foreign Telex transfer) and as 'International' on a bank statement.
They don't request proof of overseas transfer using the 800K method.
(Edit - noticed Pinetree just posted the same).

The funds must be in a Thai bank account in your sole name for 2 months prior to the date of the extension application. Read clause 4 35-2561 (2019 (changed clause 2.22 of 327-2557 ENG.pdf

• Like 3