Jump to content

Border run with Non Immigrant O Family visa. Looking for help & advice....

Recommended Posts

I have a non immigrant O  (family) 1 year visa and my first 3 months in country is up this weekend. What are my options?

Can I extend at immigration or do I need to leave the country and come back this week?

I am in Pattaya, is it possible to drive up to the border and back same day to do a visa run?

Thanks in advance for any help.. been away a long time and struggling to find up to date info on the net.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

You can apply for a 60-day extension to visit Thai family.
Your wife must attend, marriage certificate, Tabien Baan, ID card, copies of your passport ID page, TM30, Visa and any entry stamps. The fee is 1,900 BHT.

It's possible to stay in Thailand for almost 17 months before obtaining a new Non Imm O ME Visa, with only 3 border runs and 3 x 60 day extensions. Alternatively, if you can deposit 400K THB in a Thai bank account for 2 months, you could apply for a 1-year extension of stay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use