News Forum - How to get the Thailand Elite Visa?

Thaiger

How do you get an elite visa for Thailand? Are you eligible for the elite visa? What are the requirements to qualify? How much does it cost and how long does it take? Here is a video explaining everything you need to know about the Thai elite visa.

The story How to get the Thailand Elite Visa? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I got one, just forget all the 'extras' because they have small letters... so makes it most of the time useless. Example taxi to airport  by thailand elite only drives upto around 100 kilometer ( I think even less) rest you have to pay what will cost you more then a normal taxi... make a bank account, you need to contact them (for everything) if you want to make a bank account, license etc. Takes several days because they have to send a letter to the bank etc. I ignored that and I got by myself 2 bank accounts, kasikorn is stubborn and send you away

Now this video could be better about WHY DID THEY MAKE ELITE  A COMPANY AND NOT JUST BY THE IMMIGRATION LIKE ANY OTHER VISA?  Yeah think very well... turned into a product so it becomes legal.. 

process is easy officer did not even see me only had to wait a bit and they did it all for me. Bad thing you still have to make and pay every year a 1 year extension (1990 thb) what is insane if you just paid 500,000 thb. I recommend never go for 90 days check-in in their office because you need a load of papers, and takes a few days, just go to normal immigration and you done in 5-10 minute without filling in any paper.. company is bad constructed and is mostly serving only big cities with their nonsense extras, like with any visa many flaws and weird things to make a visa, then to think a Thai goes to Europe  they get first time 1 year visa after that a 5 year visa, Thailand  use elite mafia to drain your pockets like always and making misuse instead of REALLY once make something for the long time stayers and get over the fact that we are foreigner and not Thai

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

How do you get an elite visa for Thailand? Are you eligible for the elite visa? What are the requirements to qualify? How much does it cost and how long does it take? Here is a video explaining everything you need to know about the Thai elite visa.

The story How to get the Thailand Elite Visa? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

utter waste of money; indeed, its a scam by the immigration service. Only any use if you are too young for another type of visa and have oodles of money to waste. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

14 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

utter waste of money; indeed, its a scam by the immigration service. Only any use if you are too young for another type of visa and have oodles of money to waste. 

Indeed. As if the unsuspecting and naive Farang might find out - or not. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DesperateOldHand said:

Indeed. As if the unsuspecting and naive Farang might find out - or not. 

plenty don't seem to get it, until they suddenly wake up to the obvious scam. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ronnie666 said:

I got one, just forget all the 'extras' because they have small letters... so makes it most of the time useless. Example taxi to airport  by thailand elite only drives upto around 100 kilometer ( I think even less) rest you have to pay what will cost you more then a normal taxi... make a bank account, you need to contact them (for everything) if you want to make a bank account, license etc. Takes several days because they have to send a letter to the bank etc. I ignored that and I got by myself 2 bank accounts, kasikorn is stubborn and send you away

Now this video could be better about WHY DID THEY MAKE ELITE  A COMPANY AND NOT JUST BY THE IMMIGRATION LIKE ANY OTHER VISA?  Yeah think very well... turned into a product so it becomes legal.. 

process is easy officer did not even see me only had to wait a bit and they did it all for me. Bad thing you still have to make and pay every year a 1 year extension (1990 thb) what is insane if you just paid 500,000 thb. I recommend never go for 90 days check-in in their office because you need a load of papers, and takes a few days, just go to normal immigration and you done in 5-10 minute without filling in any paper.. company is bad constructed and is mostly serving only big cities with their nonsense extras, like with any visa many flaws and weird things to make a visa, then to think a Thai goes to Europe  they get first time 1 year visa after that a 5 year visa, Thailand  use elite mafia to drain your pockets like always and making misuse instead of REALLY once make something for the long time stayers and get over the fact that we are foreigner and not Thai

If anyone prefers being held by the hand when applying for a bank account, when filing a 90-day report, when …whatever… they shouldn't be surprised - let alone complain - if the one holding the hand asks for paperwork to pro-actively cover each and every potential stumble block, as tiny as they may be.

I get it if you feel you should be treated like a native because you've been here for a while and are here for the long run (I feel the same way, but I'm realistic at the same time). The main problem with that expectation is that that's not how it works in real life (and it's the same for just about any other country).

PS: the price of 500K/5yrs you mentioned was upped 2 years ago. If you plan on a renewal, a small forewarning: it'll be 600K next time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pinetree said:

plenty don't seem to get it, until they suddenly wake up to the obvious scam. 

Some are easily fooled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chatogaster said:

If anyone prefers being held by the hand when applying for a bank account, when filing a 90-day report, when …whatever… they shouldn't be surprised - let alone complain - if the one holding the hand asks for paperwork to pro-actively cover each and every potential stumble block, as tiny as they may be.

I get it if you feel you should be treated like a native because you've been here for a while and are here for the long run (I feel the same way, but I'm realistic at the same time). The main problem with that expectation is that that's not how it works in real life (and it's the same for just about any other country).

PS: the price of 500K/5yrs you mentioned was upped 2 years ago. If you plan on a renewal, a small forewarning: it'll be 600K next time.

Wow.

12 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

the thing is companies treat you like that, government, where i live Thai people treat me like a native, anyway not planning on renewal, we going to marry :)

14 hours ago, Pinetree said:

that was exactly my problem, i was under 50 and i am still

12 hours ago, Mohandas said:

Some are easily fooled.

the thing is if you do not have any other option and build here your life over the 20 years and have several cats all these years... it brings a load of your shoulders.... i made over 5 border runs to each country (i know is not allowed) reported my passport stolen to get more runs, in the end my choice was only that, i put everything on paper and i could go back to NOTHING and spend that 500,000 in a few months in Europe so it came out better for me to stay here and take the visa... in the long run in reality you make the money back against staying 5 years in Europe, i hope i could explain it well

what will you spend in 5 years in Europe and 5 years in Thailand... big difference and more relax life here

Edited by ronnie666

1 hour ago, ronnie666 said:

that was exactly my problem, i was under 50 and i am still

A few of other ways to stay long term without an Elite Visa, ED being one, 

So much misleading misinformation in that video.

''The Thailand Elite allows you to stay for 5 years''.
The Visa is valid for 5 years, but the permission of stay is only valid 12 months.

I could go on .......................

1 hour ago, Faz said:

So much misleading misinformation in that video.

''The Thailand Elite allows you to stay for 5 years''.
The Visa is valid for 5 years, but the permission of stay is only valid 12 months.

I could go on .......................

Yep and after 12 months extend it and pay 1990 thb   another way if making things stupid 

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

Education. 

Yes but is expensive these days... not same before.. and i do not like to make misuse of visas

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ronnie666 said:

Yes but is expensive these days... not same before.. and i do not like to make misuse of visas

I am not suggesting that you misuse a visa.  You can enroll with a registered  teaching provider and it doesn't mean full time learning, far from  it and you never know,  it may add to the sum of your knowledge? .   

1 hour ago, Pinetree said:

I am not suggesting that you misuse a visa.  You can enroll with a registered  teaching provider and it doesn't mean full time learning, far from  it and you never know,  it may add to the sum of your knowledge? .   

One doesn't necessarily need to be teaching, per se.

The ed visa is still quite broad [amazingly] in it's allowance for the holder to seek out legitimate studying - practice/theory - situations, which could feasibly extend itself long term. 

Just now, DesperateOldHand said:

One doesn't necessarily need to be teaching, per se.

The ed visa is still quite broad [amazingly] in it's allowance for the holder to seek out legitimate studying - practice/theory - situations, which could feasibly extend itself long term. 

Yes indeed.  Given the opportunity, and the time, I would have liked to study Asian History and Anthropology at a university around this region, an Ed visa would enable anyone to do that. Learn and have a longer term visa, a win win. situation and cheaper than an Elite Visa,  with a tangible end result. Not for everyone, I appreciate.   

• Like 1