News Forum - Bangkok taxi driver who photographed himself raping teen gets sentenced

Thaiger

A Bangkok taxi driver who photographed himself raping a Burmese teenager in April has now been sentenced to jail by the Criminal Court. The driver, 39 year old Adirek Sae Bae, was initially sentenced on August 2 to 15 years in prison, however, his sentence was reduced to 13 years and nine months after he pleaded guilty. The victim, a 17 year old girl, had been in Bangkok seeking a job. She told police her aunt made a Facebook post to try to help her find one. Adirek then commented on the post and said he would employ the girl. […]

The story Bangkok taxi driver who photographed himself raping teen gets sentenced as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Before cc tv and smart phones it was well known some bad egg taxi drivers would pick up girls at night and detour to out of the way deserted areas (had many areas back then) and rape or rob or both. Glad this bad egg will get time for it. Scum bag. 

• Like 2

I hope is not like in Europe were you only serve half of your sentence...

What an idiot driving her to the police station!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Before cc tv and smart phones it was well known some bad egg taxi drivers would pick up girls at night and detour to out of the way deserted areas (had many areas back then) and rape or rob or both. Glad this bad egg will get time for it. Scum bag. 

This one , in  my opinion, got only caught because he drove the girl to the police himself.

If he hadn't done that, probably the illegal being in  the country would have worked for the criminal and shut down the girl.

Aside being a rapist, he is also not even average "clever". Hopefully he gets some of his own medicine in jail, now

• Like 5

22 hours ago, tezzaaa said:

it depends on how much the criminal can pay to the victim or their family and how many Royal Pardons get issued each year.  It appears to be quite random, but few seem to serve a whole sentence. That said, I would suspect that one year in a Thai jail equates to 10 or more in any high security UK jail. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tezzaaa said:

What an idiot driving her to the police station!

In his twisted mind he probably thought that raping a major criminal (illegal alien) would somehow be overlooked in light of the crime of said criminal. Like I said twisted, because who knows what goes on in the head of these beasts.