News Forum - Famous northern Thai dish declared world’s best soup

Thaiger

A famous northern Thai dish has been declared the world’s best soup by the foodie platform TasteAtlas.com. This was part of its list of “50 Best Soups in the World” published on July 25. The dish, called Khao Soi, includes red curry soup and meat, usually chicken, and egg noodles. It is then topped with crunchy noodles, fresh lime, pickled cabbage, shallots, and chilis. Khao Soi is thought to have been brought to northern Thailand by Chinese Muslim traders from Yunnan. The traders journeyed through Burma and Laos along the Golden Triangle trading route before arriving in northern Thailand in the 19th […]

The story Famous northern Thai dish declared world’s best soup as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Faraday said:

Absolutely love Khai Soi, I could eat it for breakfast. 

Agreed about that. I haven't had it for years, sadly.
When I was visiting Chiang Mai I used to order it a lot.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Bluesofa said:

Agreed about that. I haven't had it for years, sadly.
When I was visiting Chiang Mai I used to order it a lot.

Totally agree too. I know a place not far from my home that does a very nice one. I tend to go there two or three times a month, I do not recall having ordered anything else at that place.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Faraday said:

Absolutely love Khai Soi, I could eat it for breakfast. 

I just had Khao Soi for the 1st time this trip and I think it's my favorite Thai dish

Although don't know if I'd like it for breakfast, it can be a bit heavy 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I just had Khao Soi for the 1st time this trip and I think it's my favorite Thai dish

Although don't know if I'd like it for breakfast, it can be a bit heavy 

Wow, just the first time your last trip here? Must have been when you visited my neck of the woods in CM then.
Yeah, breakfast is a no, but for lunch time is how we do it at my house. Wife makes it. When it is good, it can be really satisfying. 

40 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Wow, just the first time your last trip here? Must have been when you visited my neck of the woods in CM then.
Yeah, breakfast is a no, but for lunch time is how we do it at my house. Wife makes it. When it is good, it can be really satisfying. 

Yeah for some reason I never heard of it

Absolutely love it

And yes, had it at what many rate as #1 in CM

I loved it and have had it a bunch of times now

https://www.google.com/search?q=khao+soi+khun+yai+chiang+mai&client=ms-android-bell-ca-revc&source=android-browser&ei=Gq7uYsfQC9fE0PEPvrGbiAM&oq=khao+soi+chiang+mai+kh&gs_lcp=ChNtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1zZXJwEAEYADIGCAAQHhAWMgUIABCGAzIFCAAQhgMyBQgAEIYDMgUIABCGAzIFCCEQoAEyBQghEKABOgcIABBHELADOgcIABCwAxBDOgoIABCwAxDJAxBDOgwILhDIAxCwAxBDGAE6EgguEMcBEK8BEMgDELADEEMYAToPCC4Q1AIQyAMQsAMQQxgBOgUIABCABDoICAAQgAQQyQM6CAgAEB4QDxAWSgUIOBIBMUoECEEYAFDiBli9DWCcIGgBcAF4AIABaIgBgwKSAQMyLjGYAQCgAQHIARHAAQHaAQQIARgI&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-serp

• Thanks 1