OA/tourist visa question

AndynPhuong

Hello,

I've got a valid OA visa that will expire in December if not extended. I'm not in Thailand at present. My travel expectations seem to not require a OA visa in the future, 

a 60-day tourist visa and 30 day extension would cover needs. Question is, Can I apply for & receive a 60 day tourist visa and travel to Thailand, or travel 30-day visa exempt before my OA visa expires?

Thanks

You can't extend a Visa. The Non O-A Visa is valid to enter Thailand for 12 months from the date of issue and each entry grants a stay of 1 year, subject to the expiry date of your compulsory Health Insurance.

What dates were you thinking of entering and departing?

Thanks for the reply.

My OA visa valid 24/December/21, 23/December/22. We were thinking of coming back to Thailand early December, for 60-90 days. If I were to enter before 23/December/22, with valid insurance, I would be stamped in for the duration of the insurance policy?

Thanks again

3 hours ago, AndynPhuong said:

If I were to enter before 23/December/22, with valid insurance, I would be stamped in for the duration of the insurance policy?

Yes you would.

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to enter Thailand visa-exempt while you have a valid OA visa? With the apparent upcoming change to the 'visa exempt arrival from 30 to 45 days, this option would be good for me to enter Thailand as I wouldn't need to get a OA compliant insurance.

Thanks in advance 

If you didn't have Insurance, you'd be refused entry on the Non O-A.
Permitting you to enter VE would be totally at the discretion of the Immigration.

• Like 1