News Forum - Phuket foundation gives hundreds of children scholarships

Thaiger

A foundation in Phuket is helping give the island province’s children a bright future. The Kusoldharm Phuket Foundation usually focuses on rescue work and helping victims of accidents and disasters. But the foundation also has an annual education scholarship program. The foundation presented scholarships to 313 children at its annual scholarship ceremony on Tuesday. At the ceremony, the foundation’s president addressed a group of teachers and students from across Phuket. The president, Lek Tantiwongpaisan, said the foundation was granted 313 education scholarships for the year ahead, which would make a positive long-term impact on Phuket communities. The foundation’s scholarship project […]

The story Phuket foundation gives hundreds of children scholarships as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

15 minutes ago, palooka said:

Pity all the Thai billionaires aren't as interested in educating the populace.

Why should they let their own  breed look bad, in  the end? Many of the so called high so kids are just the kids of money parents. Which get the degrees because of mama or papa is donating/manilaing money.  Not only here, of course.

Not everyone is a Shag with a two degree rule for the kids, before they can even think about  to touch his cheese

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Guest1 said:

Why should they let their own  breed look bad, in  the end? Many of the so called high so kids are just the kids of money parents. Which get the degrees because of mama or papa is donating/manilaing money.  Not only here, of course.

Not everyone is a Shag with a two degree rule for the kids, before they can even think about  to touch his cheese

I am a farang with a fairly decent(well paying) job and my stepson goes to Thamassat and we aren't even close to rich compared to a lot of his friends at school

But, I also don't hand him money

He has a decent apartment, enough money to get by for the month

I was poor in University............I see no need for a kid to have too much money in University

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Pity all the Thai billionaires aren't as interested in educating the populace.

.....or the educational systems - especially at the tertiary level - which could easily enrich themselves and society by offering academic scholarships to the deserving, as it all cycles back into society.

These grotesque ideals of educational profit systems needs to be addressed.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...