News Forum - Thailand backs ‘One China’ policy amid US Taiwan PR disaster

Thaiger

1 hour ago, astro said:

Nah, just correcting your misconceptions.

No need to thank me. 😏

You are not correcting anything. Just deflecting with your new points and not addressing my presented points. No wish to debate Chinese emperor times or factory conditions😩🤣

• Like 1

6 hours ago, oldschooler said:

The practice of Capitalism alone has lifted hundreds of millions of Chinese from poverty and seen off famine and drought. CCP ruined and held back China for 40 years before being forced to “allow” Capitalism for CCP survival reasons only not for peoples benefit. Tyranny serves only Itself. 

China did relatively very little in WW2 except tie down the occupying Japanese armies. Japan was 99% defeated by USA and in Burma by Britain / India. 

Tyranny is clear & absolute not relative.

China are a great economic and regional power but insufficient war capability outside own land borders.

The “bloodlust” always comes from tyrants like Xi who see all people as expendable in serving their tyrannical power objectives. Tyrants start Wars. Democracy Ends Wars.

Like any rational free person I look forward to the utter destruction of the CCP Tyranny which oppresses, enslaves and betrays the great Chinese people. 

Only two forces can destroy the CCP:-

Internal : Chinese People

External : Free Pacific Alliance (USA etc)

First of all, if "Capitalism" is what lifted 50+ million Chinese out of pverty, why is it so much rising poverty in today's USA?  I am not saying China is a communist utopia, far from it, but their type of market mechanisms are definitely very different from the Western model.

To say China "did relatively little in WW2" is showing a grand amount of historical iliteracy combined with sticking to the most superficial reviews of the entire conflict. tens of millions of Chinese DIED to "tie down" these forces, just like the SOviet Union. As a matter of fact, without those two powers, it is very unlikely that neither Germany nor Japan could have been held off defeat.  

I understand that you do not like China or the "CCP", but the rest appears more like wishful thinking than a realistic asessment of the geostrategic situation.  China may not have a modern history of waging conflicts against minor nations (or major for that sake), but while battle experience and a battle culture can get you somewhere, it does not do anything besides that if the other things are not in order. I do not think the USA has fought any major conflicts against significant enemies in a loooong time, so it is really irrelevant. 

Both Russia and China are currently sitting pretty economically, culturally, strategically and.... militarily. There is nothing indicating this is going to change. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oldschooler said:

You are not correcting anything. Just deflecting with your new points and not addressing my presented points. No wish to debate Chinese emperor times or factory conditions😩🤣

You've missed the two points I made:

Famine & draught were there before the revolution, it wasn't caused by the CCCP. Considering the growth of the population from 500 millions to 1.4 billions now, I'd say they've done pretty well feeding the population.

Most people in China still live in poverty, your beloved capitalism has made a tiny portion rich on the backs of the many & exploitation of resources.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, astro said:

You've missed the two points I made:

Famine & draught were there before the revolution, it wasn't caused by the CCCP. Considering the growth of the population from 500 millions to 1.4 billions now, I'd say they've done pretty well feeding the population.

Most people in China still live in poverty, your beloved capitalism has made a tiny portion rich on the backs of the many & exploitation of resources.

Clearly CCP have done NOTHING to improve the lot of the Chinese People. 

You again deflect from the FACT that hundreds of millions of Chinese HAVE been lifted out of Poverty by Capitalism Only.

Mao CCP murdered millions by incompetence & CCP theft of food,  causing massive Famines. 

many millionaires created ? So what ? thats Capitalism. many are CCP parasites producing nothing but terror and profiting from massive corruption. Xi worth $30 billion+.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Clearly CCP have done NOTHING to improve the lot of the Chinese People. 

You again deflect from the FACT that hundreds of millions of Chinese HAVE been lifted out of Poverty by Capitalism Only.

Mao CCP murdered millions by incompetence & CCP theft of food,  causing massive Famines. 

many millionaires created ? So what ? thats Capitalism. many are CCP parasites producing nothing but terror and profiting from massive corruption. Xi worth $30 billion+.

Nothing “ funny”, to rational free people anyway, about denouncing CCP failure, terror, oppression and corruption 😎tyrant-apologizers are pitiful😩

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

Nothing “ funny”, to rational free people anyway, about denouncing CCP failure, terror, oppression and corruption 😎tyrant-apologizers are pitiful😩

Oh dear, someone is triggered... 😂

3 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

First of all, if "Capitalism" is what lifted 50+ million Chinese out of pverty, why is it so much rising poverty in today's USA?  I am not saying China is a communist utopia, far from it, but their type of market mechanisms are definitely very different from the Western model.

To say China "did relatively little in WW2" is showing a grand amount of historical iliteracy combined with sticking to the most superficial reviews of the entire conflict. tens of millions of Chinese DIED to "tie down" these forces, just like the SOviet Union. As a matter of fact, without those two powers, it is very unlikely that neither Germany nor Japan could have been held off defeat.  

I understand that you do not like China or the "CCP", but the rest appears more like wishful thinking than a realistic asessment of the geostrategic situation.  China may not have a modern history of waging conflicts against minor nations (or major for that sake), but while battle experience and a battle culture can get you somewhere, it does not do anything besides that if the other things are not in order. I do not think the USA has fought any major conflicts against significant enemies in a loooong time, so it is really irrelevant. 

Both Russia and China are currently sitting pretty economically, culturally, strategically and.... militarily. There is nothing indicating this is going to change. 

Japs in WW2 killed 7.5 million Chinese civilians and 3.5 million Chinese military. Any more “victories” like that and China finished !

China also did not remove Japs from one metre of Chinese land. so hardly winning the war by any measure. Just clinging on. Chinese army however, under British direction, fought very well in Burma.

Your beloved Russians (how you adore those Mongol- inspired savages) were kept in WW2 only by Hitlers military blunders, 4 million tons of US supplies, endless expendable humans & limitless lands to retreat into. 

Western Allies ( English - Speaking Peoples) were unbeatable by production, brains, geography and air/ naval control and they had the Atom Bomb by June 45. Game Over for Axis Fascists.

Allied Plan to nuke Moscow to destroy Russian Communism ( thus avoiding Communist East Europe, Nuclear Proliferation to Shit Tyrants, no CCP China or North Korea)  rejected by that idiot Trueman😩 

Russia and China are in No Position militarily to attack any more Free Nations without risking collapse of their tyrannies. Sitting Pretty ? Seriously? Clearly Not. 

Culturally they are both a Total Zero. Borscht ,Rice Wine and Banned Drugged  Athletes don’t really compare much to Western Culture😩

Both have Zero Friends. Universally Feared & Hated. Economically? Not in a good place at all. Militarily? Corrupt Incompetent Near Useless.

Except sometimes can beat small weak nations on their borders, and their own people of course. And launching Missiles. Forget the “numbers”. Quality -Tech -Experience -Morale is what matters militarily. 👍😎

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, astro said:

Oh dear, someone is triggered... 😂

no, someone is provided an opportunity to beat down the silly deluded tyrant supporters here…. There I did it again🤣👍

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, oldschooler said:

no, someone is provided an opportunity to beat down the silly deluded tyrant supporters here…. There I did it again🤣👍

You have a splendid imagination, I give you that... 🤩

• Confused 1

On 8/5/2022 at 11:46 PM, dmacarelli said:

I love it. Of course Thailand is going to take China's side. When was the last time Thailand took a position that was just and righteous? 

Thailand is backing the wrong side, When China falls the US and others will not have any use for Thailand IMO.  Still be ok for tourism?  That is about it.

Edited by garyknrd
  • Like 2

It is interesting to read some expats moralizing and lecturing their host country, while clearly having no intention to move from here.

Thailand is exceptional in Asia BECAUSE of it's unique combination of a strong culture and history of non-colonialism. When outsiders demand a nation to take a side and "only one good", it is clear they have been lost in propaganda and inability to see things from several angles. 

These people talk about "China falling" and "Russia losing", yet their own countries are sinking more and more into despair as the FIAT-system is no such a big bubble that it in itself would constitute a nuclaer blast to world exonomy if it were to burst. 

The Thailand leadership KNOWS their location in the world; their own right to set foreign policy and the REAL picture on the ground. The senseless demonization of China here and all the "CCP"-talk is vitriolic and smacks of bitterness and simply sour grapes. THe Western powers, especially USA is trying to stir up "color revolutions" in Thailand and Burma, but China will not let it happen. The fact that China is supporting Thailand's desire to remain unaligned and sovereign, probably has some explanation in the fact that they also desire to be benfactor of the nation's excellent food production, for starters. 

Western foreign policy has become as decadent as the modern Western culture and just as shallow and petty. While everything is transaction when it comes to Unites States and living in the hour; BRICS world is more based on values and long-term stability  desire and FREE og foreign influence. 

When it comes to Taiwan, does anyone really expect Thailand, next door to China to parrott the talking points of USA here?

And yet, we are in Thailand and seem not to desire to depart from there. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

The Thailand leadership KNOWS their location in the world; their own right to set foreign policy and the REAL picture on the ground. The senseless demonization of China here and all the "CCP"-talk is vitriolic and smacks of bitterness and simply sour grapes. THe Western powers, especially USA is trying to stir up "color revolutions" in Thailand and Burma, but China will not let it happen. The fact that China is supporting Thailand's desire to remain unaligned and sovereign, probably has some explanation in the fact that they also desire to be benfactor of the nation's excellent food production, for starters. 

Be that as it May NorskTiger, the US is still Thailand’s biggest export destination and Thailand’s relative regional prosperity was built on foreign investment and tourism. China is a relative newcomer.

The fall of Rome that the anti-American fifth column hope for will be a while yet. Like it or not, America is still number one and will be for a while.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, stevenkongju said:

So no real reply...I figured.

Okay how’s this. I’ll grace you with a reasonable response when you interrogate the subject with a modicum of academic rigour instead of the hysterical nonsense you posted above.

All this China talk.. At this point it is irreverent. They import something like 80-90 % of food and energy.They have some very poor land to grow crops on.  Their demographic is like no other in the world. Literally dining out at a staggering rate, without a generation to replace the retiring workers. They are dangerous IMO, but only because they cannot feed themselves and rely on energy from others to power their factories. Any one of those goes sideways and they are history. They are dealing with the most deadly strain of Covid now and do not have a vaccine. With decoupling I personally give them 10 years max.

Edited by garyknrd

2 hours ago, Khunmark said:

Okay how’s this. I’ll grace you with a reasonable response when you interrogate the subject with a modicum of academic rigour instead of the hysterical nonsense you posted above.

Tell me thing I said that was not true....please.

The belt and road initiative seemed attractive but many countries are now seeing what happened to Sri Lanka and are starting to back away from it.

Pakistan may very well be the next victim along with several countries in africa. 

Defaulting on your loans from the west usually means you just get given longer to pay it off.

Defaulting on your loans with China means they want a pound of flesh. 

Laos had to gift China its electricity supply. Sri Lanka had to gift a naval base.

All these corrupt countries sold their soul so those in power could get brown envelopes from China.

If Thailand goes the same way its game over for us expats. There is no way the CCP will want us here. It also means all those companies which bailed out of China because of the tariffs and set up here will be moving again.

Thailand has a VERY fine line to walk here. I do not think it will manage to do so. 

1 hour ago, Rookiescot said:

The belt and road initiative seemed attractive but many countries are now seeing what happened to Sri Lanka and are starting to back away from it.

Pakistan may very well be the next victim along with several countries in africa. 

Defaulting on your loans from the west usually means you just get given longer to pay it off.

Defaulting on your loans with China means they want a pound of flesh. 

Laos had to gift China its electricity supply. Sri Lanka had to gift a naval base.

All these corrupt countries sold their soul so those in power could get brown envelopes from China.

If Thailand goes the same way its game over for us expats. There is no way the CCP will want us here. It also means all those companies which bailed out of China because of the tariffs and set up here will be moving again.

Thailand has a VERY fine line to walk here. I do not think it will manage to do so. 

Maybe . But let’s just say this is a country of the false smiles at times. So A Thai-Smile can run many levels. Mouth smiling but brain not. 

Back to the topic: Thailand backs China's one-nation policy.

This makes Thailand have the same policy as almost the entire world. The fact that they reiterate this now, does not mean there is anything new.

The West wants neighboring nations to China do the dirty work they themselves are afraid to do. 

2 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

This makes Thailand have the same policy as almost the entire world. The fact that they reiterate this now, does not mean there is anything new.

The West wants neighboring nations to China do the dirty work they themselves are afraid to do. 

Back to topic? I just added for topic. Says it all actually. 

6 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

Little more complicated. But yeah, Thailand is sometimes an eel. West? Who cares but not CCP. China needs to rid of the iron gusted CCP Regime. Then have a life. Taiwan is their own country. Not the same people. 

23 minutes ago, NorskTiger said:

You base this on what? Considering the US also pretends to abide by the one China policy I don’t see your point. 

China has never forgiven the Taiwanese for breaking away from a morally doomed, new republic. Why would they want to have any real connection to the heinous CCP? 

• Cool 1

6 hours ago, NorskTiger said:

It is interesting to read some expats moralizing and lecturing their host country, while clearly having no intention to move from here.

Thailand is exceptional in Asia BECAUSE of it's unique combination of a strong culture and history of non-colonialism. When outsiders demand a nation to take a side and "only one good", it is clear they have been lost in propaganda and inability to see things from several angles. 

These people talk about "China falling" and "Russia losing", yet their own countries are sinking more and more into despair as the FIAT-system is no such a big bubble that it in itself would constitute a nuclaer blast to world exonomy if it were to burst. 

Western foreign policy has become as decadent as the modern Western culture and just as shallow and petty. While everything is transaction when it comes to Unites States and living in the hour; BRICS world is more based on values and long-term stability  desire and FREE og foreign influence. 

When it comes to Taiwan, does anyone really expect Thailand, next door to China to parrott the talking points of USA here?

And yet, we are in Thailand and seem not to desire to depart from there. 

Your article is written like a propaganda piece that banishes historical fact and promotes myths that have long been pushed by the successive military regimes who ruled Thailand.

Thailand is exceptional in Asia BECAUSE of it's unique combination of a strong culture and history of non-colonialism.

Thailand's culture is no stronger than the local culture of the Khmer, Burmese, Vietnamese, Chinese or Indian. On the contrary, when one considers the extensive footprint of Indian and Chinese cultures, Thai "culture" is more local than global.  Non colonialism? Please.  If you measure "colonialism" by the direct physical control of foreigners, then yes you can try and make that argument, but the reality is that Thailand has a long history of being dominated by foreign powers.  Siam was a runt of a country forever at the risk of invasion by the much larger and more powerful Khmer, Malay and Mon states.  The ONLY reason why Thailand was not taken by the French or English colonial empires was because the French and English had decided to use Thailand as a buffer neutral state that would sit in between the two empires. It was to be a free for all zone, much as Shanghai was to the international community. Thailand was allowed to act independently subject to it not interfering with the French or English. That is not true independence, nor a state free of colonial interference.  It all changed when the Japanese showed up and made Thailand a subservient, obedient state. The Japanese told the Thais what to do during their occupation of SE Asia.  It is infuriating to keep seeing revisionist Thai history spit out when the defacto colonial reality has been repeatedly documented.

Today, the PRC has replaced the French and English colonial influence with China allowing Thailand  space subject to it not being contrary to PRC interests. This occurs at the top level of government policy. Thailand had at first hung on to the coat tails of the  USA, UK, France and Australia when it was clear that the communist insurgents in the other regions supported the small number of communists who wished to overthrow the Thai system of rule. Once the power dynamics of the region changed with the withdrawal of western powers from SE Asia, and China withdrew support from Thai communists who wished to overthrow the Thai rulers, Thailand moved to the PRC political camp.

The Thailand leadership KNOWS their location in the world; their own right to set foreign policy and the REAL picture on the ground. The senseless demonization of China here and all the "CCP"-talk is vitriolic and smacks of bitterness and simply sour grapes.

True, but it is because the rule of the small number of connected families and military juntas depends upon the tacit support of the PRC.  Thailand prefers the PRC over the west because the PRC does not require such expensive things as environmental controls, or  responsible fishing and labour practices. The PRC doesn't put an emphasis on basic freedom or human rights. Corruption is part of the PRC system of administration, so it is a good fit with Thailand. Thailand's foreign policy is based primarily on keeping the ruling group in power. In the past 50 years, we have not seen Thailand take a moral leadership stand or do something that supports the claim of non alignment or true sovereignty.   When the world is gripped by famine, it is not  Thailand's "excellent food production" system that comes to the rescue. It is Australia, Canada, USA who are the primary grain donors. When African countruies experience catastrophic famine, it  is those countries and the Eu which rushes in food and aid.  When an international health crisis strikes, particularly one that  originates in SE Asia, it is the western "colonial" powers who respond to rescue Thailand and other nations.  we are still suffering from SARS Covid 2 today. The treatments and vaccines which are saving the world came from the west, not PR China and not Thailand. How can you be sovereign when you must rely on foreign countries to save you from a deadly infection that originates with your beloved mentor state?   

A true sovereign country does what is right and stakes out the higher moral ground. Canada, Japan and the UK were quick to respond to the Chinese threats and focused on Chinese militaristic response. What sane, rational country launches live fire activity, and surrounds a country with hostile military forces as a response to a peaceful short visit by an elected official for another state?  Thailand said nothing. Silence was a defacto acceptance of a wrongful act.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1