News Forum - Malaysia detains 3 Thais who tested positive for cannabis

Thaiger

Three Thais travelling to Malaysia for the long weekend were imprisoned for three days and fined the equivalent of 50,000 baht after they tested positive for cannabis, reported Amarin TV on Friday. The tourists crossed over the border into Malaysia via the Wang Prachan checkpoint in Satun province and were asked to provide a urine sample on arrival in Weng Kelian in Malaysia. When traces of cannabis were found in their urine, the tourists were immediately detained. They were told that if they wanted to get out on bail, they would have to report to Malaysian authorities. Cannabis was removed […]

The story Malaysia detains 3 Thais who tested positive for cannabis as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Does not make sense, stating can not take the plant with you as I can understand, but nothing about consuming IT...  that should not be illegal as you do not do it in their country at all

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Pot heads always make excuses. Simple fact for the dumbest. If you smoke pot and want to go to another country then do your research and leave getting stoned for 5 minutes. No sympathy for pot heads. The world doesn’t resolve around your addictions.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Cool 1

10 hours ago, Giltee said:

Pot heads always make excuses. Simple fact for the dumbest. If you smoke pot and want to go to another country then do your research and leave getting stoned for 5 minutes. No sympathy for pot heads. The world doesn’t resolve around your addiction. 

Fortunately it doesn't revolve around your opinion nor your pointless rants on some random boomer forum neither. Have another Chang, Grandpa. 🍺🤣

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Giltee said:

Simple fact for the dumbest. If you smoke pot and want to go to another country then do your research and leave getting stoned for 5 minutes.

I just spent 30 seconds searching on this topic, and it turns out that a person's urine might test positive 30 days after last use, or even longer. So, I'm not saying you're actually the dumbest, but it seems clear you're not the smartest.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

When i first started flying , what seems like 100 yrs ago ! I initially had a few shots of rum before going to the gate, nerves and fear of flying  , ya know! 

Once I conquered the fear of flying I didn’t need the alcohol to settle my nerves.

I guess some others perhaps use weed now as a substitute.

But still I think its crazy to random drug test people at a airport,correct me if I’m wrong.

Are u joking! They only got three days! I thought Malaysia was into decapitation !!!

the laws in Malaysia are  so draconian and they execute drug users and this is serious shit! Please research and report what the laws are in Malaysia for finding drugs in urine

Their country, their rules, and there are other countries around the world that count positive drug tests as being in possession. Thailand being one of them.. Don't think you're going to get away with it if you rock up in Thailand and test positive for cocaine after a heavy weekend. 

But having said that, a few not cases like this and the ensuing publicity, should make everyone aware of the rules. And testing people on arrival is asking for bad publicity!! 

• Like 1

Yes, it may be their country and their rules, but this one goes beyond draconian.  It's stupid.  It's one thing to tell people (stupid or not) what to do while they are in your country, it's an entirely different thing to tell them what they can and can't do when they are in someone else's country.  It's time for Malaysia to wake up and grow up.

If people use any drugs upto them, however detaining people because they used it is plain stupid. They did not had any drugs on them what they do in their free time is their business ..  and I also think they should grow up.. pathetic

• Like 3

hmmm this might just put a dint in the air travel transfers going threw KL....
Surly they will not test if you just transfer at the airport you goto go threw immigration first one would think ?

7 hours ago, riclag said:

When i first started flying , what seems like 100 yrs ago ! I initially had a few shots of rum before going to the gate, nerves and fear of flying  , ya know! 

Once I conquered the fear of flying I didn’t need the alcohol to settle my nerves.

I guess some others perhaps use weed now as a substitute.

But still I think its crazy to random drug test people at a airport,correct me if I’m wrong.

1) they did not fly they took land border
2) no they will never test you at airport unless you pass threw immigration

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

Does not make sense, stating can not take the plant with you as I can understand, but nothing about consuming IT...  that should not be illegal as you do not do it in their country at all

"Contact my Embassy, I do not consent to you taking my body fluids"....

4 hours ago, ronnie666 said:

If people use any drugs upto them, however detaining people because they used it is plain stupid. They did not had any drugs on them what they do in their free time is their business ..  and I also think they should grow up.. pathetic

says the alcoholic expat ... ya 5min.... 

Random selection for a urine test?????

More to it, than is stated.

Urine tests cost money and no Govt spends without being sure of results.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

"Contact my Embassy, I do not consent to you taking my body fluids"....

says the alcoholic expat ... ya 5min.... 

Sorry buddy I do not drink alcohol at all. I just live a relax life in the north of Thailand 

On 8/2/2022 at 10:29 AM, brian60221 said:

just spent 30 seconds searching on this topic, and it turns out that a person's urine might test positive 30 days after last use, or even longer.

So lots of chances for those going out to party at bars and night clubs to be tested by RTP and fail their drug test.  …… now bars back in full swing just waiting to hear about RTP raids.  

On 8/1/2022 at 10:42 PM, Giltee said:

Pot heads always make excuses. Simple fact for the dumbest. If you smoke pot and want to go to another country then do your research and leave getting stoned for 5 minutes. No sympathy for pot heads. The world doesn’t resolve around your addictions.  

They should just stay in Thailand and smoke all they want but don't pollute other countries. 

20 minutes ago, HiuMak said:

don't pollute other countries

Tiny amounts of THC in a person's body from smoking weeks ago is supposed to be polluting?

24 minutes ago, brian60221 said:

Tiny amounts of THC in a person's body from smoking weeks ago is supposed to be polluting?

That is the beauty of Thailand. You can do what you want. Other countries have laws to observe😀

It is absurd to drug test someone for THC or any other drug for that matter when they enter a country.

Fair enough to search for drugs as importing illicit drugs into any country is wrong and very stupid, but testing someone to see if they have consumed or taken a drug that is legal in the country they consumed it is beyond ridiculous🤔

• Like 1