Private hospitals in Thailand to offer Moderna vaccine packages for 3,400 baht

Thaiger

40 minutes ago, Awa said:

3400 baht..... for us it's not a big deal, but for the local Thai people, how many of them can afford it?

Oh yes, Sinovac is free. Then they will tell you how "effective" it is while the whole world know it's useless.

It isnt but do carry on.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Tofattofly said:

I live in North East Thailand. Does anyone know where the Moderna Covid-19 Vaccines will be available in my area?

"North East Thailand" is a big area!

In Loei province bookings for October are full but you may still be able to book for January.

Different provinces, different hospitals, different availability.

1 hour ago, Tofattofly said:

I live in North East Thailand. Does anyone know where the Moderna Covid-19 Vaccines will be available in my area?

Strange my wife is Thai. After seeing that me getting 2 doses of Pfizer I have not dies, grown extra fingers or suffered anything untoward, fortunately she has turned from being against vaccinations to wanting one, with conditions. No Chinese. I spent time trying to find out where she can get Pfizer or Moderna. It seems the Thai government doesn't want Thais to having anything other than the Chinese topped up with AZ having made several enquiries.

However I have her registered now for Moderna in Udon Thani,  2nd Q 2022 which is better late than never so in answer to your question, register at Bangkok Hospital Udon.

3 minutes ago, gummy said:

Strange my wife is Thai. After seeing that me getting 2 doses of Pfizer I have not dies, grown extra fingers or suffered anything untoward, fortunately she has turned from being against vaccinations to wanting one, with conditions. No Chinese. I spent time trying to find out where she can get Pfizer or Moderna. It seems the Thai government doesn't want Thais to having anything other than the Chinese topped up with AZ having made several enquiries.

However I have her registered now for Moderna in Udon Thani,  2nd Q 2022 which is better late than never so in answer to your question, register at Bangkok Hospital Udon.

When I had my Pfizer jabs, half the others getting them were Thais. Still very few, though.

38 minutes ago, Stonker said:

When I had my Pfizer jabs, half the others getting them were Thais. Still very few, though.

Possibly over 55 and / or underlying health issues. Not fit and healthy 32 year olds. Even foreigners under 40 are excluded from registering for Pfizer at Khon Kaen BKK hospital if they have no underlying health conditions.

3 hours ago, gummy said:

Possibly over 55 and / or underlying health issues. Not fit and healthy 32 year olds. Even foreigners under 40 are excluded from registering for Pfizer at Khon Kaen BKK hospital if they have no underlying health conditions.

Not "possibly" - sure!

At least in Loei, where I was / am.

All the Thais were as you say: 55 plus or with health issues.

The farangs were just ... well ... farangs, mainly 55 plus, some old and frail, some younger and healthy, but Loei isn't exactly teeming with farangs.

As far as I can see, for Thais it was predominantly Sinovac early on, with a lucky few getting AZ, and some getting Sinopharm through NGOs and companies, changing to a first dose of Sinovac and a second of AZ, with Pfizer being strictly for those who qualified when it became available.

For farangs it seems to have been very much more a case of pot-luck depending on where you were and when and how pushy you were, with the pushiest grabbing an early dose of Sinovac or AZ while those who were patient or unable to push nearly all got Pfizer - except for the twenty and thirty year olds who took their chances along side the Thais.