News Forum - Children falsely accuse village drunk of murdering 6 year old in central Thailand

Thaiger

Yesterday evening, a 6 year old boy drowned in a lake in Lopburi province in central Thailand. The boy’s 7 year old brother and 5 year old friend told police that an alcoholic man who lives nearby strangled the child and held his body under the water until he died. However, the police’s investigation reveals that the children’s accusation is impossible. The boy’s elder brother later admitted to making up the story. Police from Mueang Lopburi Police Station received a report that a child had drowned at a lake in Ban Noi Patthana Community in Mueang district at around 5.20pm […]

The story Children falsely accuse village drunk of murdering 6 year old in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So a punk kid offers up the freedom of a local man just so he doesn't get a whopping from his mama

<Comment removed>

• Like 4

On 7/29/2022 at 12:31 AM, PapayaBokBok said:

So a punk kid offers up the freedom of a local man just so he doesn't get a whopping from his mama

No just being a scared kid. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Prosaap said:

I wonder if that something he learn and from who, or is it genetical   

You really really hate Thai people eh ? You ever thought about counselling to get to the bottom of it ? 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Benroon said:

Good luck with that on an expat forum 

I'm not disputing your claim (I might, but I won't because I agree with your sentiment about racism), but surely you must see the irony in it:

Your claim that good luck would be needed on an expat forum (and this is important: without any supportive arguments) suggests that the claim is based on prejudice on the basis of membership of a particular group.

Edited by Chatogaster
clarification

On 7/29/2022 at 5:15 AM, Tim_Melb said:

No just being a scared kid. 

Oh my mistake--so a man should possibly go to jail and have his life ruined over said kid???

So ky defending an adult thai from a thai kid is racist crap??   ummm  ok.....thanks for sharing!

Hows the view from your soapbox?

• Like 1

I sorry if you tell your little friends that thai people are the most honest and lovely people are in the world and that your utopia is not what you think it is i react on the article's here combine with my 26 years experience living in thailand i come to my conclusions you not need to agree thats up to you but i will never tell you to see professional help because you live in a dream world  

Edited by KaptainRob
Quote not in English, deleted
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Prosaap said:

I sorry if you tell your little friends that thai people are the most honest and lovely people are in the world and that your utopia is not what you think it is i react on the article's here combine with my 26 years experience living in thailand i come to my conclusions you not need to agree thats up to you but i will never tell you to see professional help because you live in a dream world  

I have no idea how you’ve managed to quote me in a language I have no clue about??

However I feel genuinely sad that you’re trapped in a country for 26 years surrounded by people you despise. (Please tell me you don’t have a Thai wife as that must be a tortuous existence for the poor lady)  It must be a very long drawn out descent towards your end. Why not go home away from your hosts ? 

Yesterday I played golf with 3 Thai guys then we all went out with other half’s for a meal - amazing day. I’m also in a boating group (mostly Thais - those days are incredible)

The restaurants I go in all seem to have a lovely smile and want to please me. The Thai girl that sold me my house cut through so much red tape to make it happen, and I struggled to get her to accept a fee! When I got married another Thai girl would personally ferry me round in her car to the various offices to make it happen according to a timescale I had for what amounted to peanuts etc etc etc. 

I have never said everyone is honest and lovely but based on what I’ve seen, I’ve yet to meet a Thai with the amounts of pent up unbridled hatred you have.

So sad. 

• Like 2

No idea why you think i hate them i just react on the post here and its not the topic if i like or not like them just like or not like agree or not agree come with a argument i not need to here about your great day with 3 boys

• Haha 1

Wow there’s a lot of vindictive (if that’s the right word) comments on here. Very sad for the boy, his older brother and the accused man though I’m sure he’d have no grudge against the older brother and would show more compassion than most on here. At the same age along with my brothers I did things I’m not proud of today and lied to my mother for fear of the jug cord (amongst other things) across my behind. No one’s perfect, thus the older brother got a very valuable lesson in life about honesty and the consequences of lying. 

Edited by Giltee
Use of wrong word
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Chatogaster said:

I'm not disputing your claim (I might, but I won't because I agree with your sentiment about racism), but surely you must see the irony in it:

Your claim that good luck would be needed on an expat forum (and this is important: without any supportive arguments) suggests that the claim is based on prejudice on the basis of membership of a particular group.

I think that his experience, as is mine, is that unfortunately the majority of people on expat forums are those deluded types of expats that like to gather and get drunk and tell each other how bad everything is in their adopted home while forgetting about how they left their home country because life was too hard there or because they were a loser there. Whereas the majority of expats that are not this type are busy living life in their new home and loving it and can't be bothered to waste time with the whinging complaining types. 

28 minutes ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

is it not clear that the brother did it maybe by accident ??

I think it's clear that it was an accident and nobody did it. The kid just panicked and they made up a story because they thought they would be in big trouble and they were scared. Fortunately when pushed they told the truth and no significant harm was done. 

It's just very sad for the family. 

Edited by Tim_Melb
Typo

39 minutes ago, ConsoleCowboy said:

is it not clear that the brother did it maybe by accident ??

Indeed. And are we now supposed to take his word for what really happened? 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fanta said:

Indeed. And are we now supposed to take his word for what really happened? 

Children learn what they live.....not surprised at all....truth is a scarce commodity in my 12 yrs here

• Like 3

Give them boys the biggest whipping of their lives for nearly sending an innocent man to jail for a crime he didn't commit. Sad for the loss of the young boy, but no excuse for this type of lying. let it be known this boy did the wrong thing, so he himself carries a reputation of mistrust and deceit. 

• Like 1