News Forum - Thieves rob French millionaire’s house at gunpoint in northeast Thailand

Thaiger

Four thieves armed with guns and knives broke into a French millionaire’s house in the northeastern province of Chaiyaphum province in the early hours of Monday morning and robbed millions of baht’s worth of cash and assets. The single-story home in Noen Sa-nga district is jointly owned by 39 year old Waritsara Poobkhonthot and her French husband Stephane Greco, the owner of Rhodior SA, a successful luxury watch company in Switzerland. The couple built the house on their farm last year and live there with their two children. Waritsara told police that her and husband went to bed after dinner […]

The story Thieves rob French millionaire’s house at gunpoint in northeast Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Talk about being stuck in the middle of nowhere Issan. I suppose for the locals, it was big, but really not much of a haul in respect to money and gold. The watch valuation can be questionable.

If the man was "wealthy" I am surprised he did not have proper security. It is not unusual for wealthier Thai homes to have armed security. The family has my sympathies, but I won't be surprised if this is an "inside" related job. Sometimes the groundskeeper or cleaners  talk about their employers.

What the ???? 

I really laughed when they said they had been ‘raided’ by the ECB !! 😸

Millionaires in what currency ? 

On 7/28/2022 at 3:43 PM, Thaiger said:

Waritsara and Stephane – shaken but unharmed – called Noen Sa-nga Police Station at 3.05am. Police went to the scene, about 3 kilometres from Ban Non Pa Chat village

I wonder if the police arrived straight away? If so, this must be headline news!
On the two separate occasions my family called the police during the night, they never even answered the phone - and that included dialling 191 as well as Udon Thani police station.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Benroon said:

What the ???? 

I really laughed when they said they had been ‘raided’ by the ECB !! 😸

Millionaires in what currency ? 

Perhaps it's Laos Kip.

• Like 1