News Forum - Sri Lanka former president’s stay in Singapore extended

Thaiger

After to fleeing to Singapore on July 14, Sri Lanka’s former president Gotabaya Rajapaksa will now be able to stay in the country until August 11, Reuters reported today. Gotabaya fled Sri Lanka after over 100,000 protestors stormed the presidential palace, demanding that he and the country’s PM resign. Since Gotabaya fled, Sri Lanka’s parliament has elected former PM Ranil Wickremesinghe as the country’s new president last week. Sri Lankan government spokesperson Bandula Gunwardena said yesterday that he thought Rajapaksa might eventually consider going back to Sri Lanka. He said… “It is my belief he may eventually consider returning to Sri […]

The story Sri Lanka former president’s stay in Singapore extended as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Think he should be investigating how long he can extend his visa in Singapore and also checking plan "B" where do I go if they chuck me out? 

Rumours that US $1mill will fix all of these problems in a few Asian countrys and a new passport thrown in for good measure.