News Forum - Bangkok police shoot out tyres in dramatic car chase

Thaiger

Video is going viral of Bangkok police officers shooting out the tyres of a fleeing car that did a runner at a checkpoint in Ekkamai. The incident took place last night when Thong Lor police attempted to stop a red Mitsubishi Mirage at a checkpoint, but the driver refused and tried to speed off. At around 8 pm yesterday, officers attempted to stop the red car at a checkpoint in the Ekkamai for a standard search. The car refused to stop and instead sped off with police quickly giving chase. Police officers managed to catch up with the car at […]

The story Bangkok police shoot out tyres in dramatic car chase as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

What are these police roadblocks for at 8pm?  

I understand roadblocks later at night for drunk driving, but not earlier when there is so much traffic ...

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, Haole.TH said:

What are these police roadblocks for at 8pm?  

I understand roadblocks later at night for drunk driving, but not earlier when there is so much traffic ...

"Police reported that inside the car they found a sword along with an undisclosed amount of methamphetamine."

So the checkpoint worked..

• Like 2

and alternately pointing towards the window and lowering the guns towards the car’s tyres.

Gunfire in a public area, surprised no injuries from a ricochet.

They stopped the vehicle, should have busted the screen or his window and stuck a gun in his ear, any attempt to move on and create further danger to the public imop would justify someone to pull the trigger, bullet continuing through his skull and body of vehicle much less dangerous to the public, therefore safer all round.

Guarantee there are a few less "runners" after that gets out.

Just my opinion.🤣

2 hours ago, palooka said:

Gunfire in a public area, surprised no injuries from a ricochet.

That’s exactly what I said to my son while watching the news seeing it. These Thai wanna be cowboy cops don’t think of the what if. 

Blasting away with guns in heavy traffic how nice and safe! It seems that as usual the Thai cops don't give a fig for the safety of the general public. Keystone cops would do a better job!

Bravo to the Thai Police. However, such a fleeing bandit should be shot not at the tires of the car, but directly in the head. Even in Europe, they understood the mistake they had been making for many years and began finally killing road thugs.

Pracha Songkhro is up by Huay Kwang MRT. That is at least 10 km(!) from Ekkamai Rd (soi 63) with very heavy traffic at that time. So we're talking about a total scumbag. Gotta throw the book at him and make an example out of him. And gotta raise the penalties for deterrence, run a roadblock, mandatory prison sentence + 100,000 baht fine.