News Forum - Thai opposition calls out Prayut over military spending

Thaiger

A leader of Thailand’s opposition has called out PM Prayut Chan-o-cha over military spending. The deputy leader of Pheu Thai Party, Yuttapong Charasathien, criticised the government’s plans to purchase submarines and F-35 fighter jets. He said that Prayut should have scrapped a submarine deal when it became obvious that the Chinese manufacturer, China Shipbuilding & Offshore International Co, couldn’t supply German engines by next month’s deadline. Meanwhile, Yuttapong called out the navy’s plans to buy F-35 stealth jets from the US. He said that since Thailand’s public debt has increased to over 60% of the GDP, government spending should go […]

The story Thai opposition calls out Prayut over military spending as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

F-16’s cost about $10,000 an hour to run. F-35’s cost about $33,000 to run. If I was combatting imaginary enemies I’d go the Cheap Charlie route.

1 hour ago, Fanta said:

F-16’s cost about $10,000 an hour to run. F-35’s cost about $33,000 to run. If I was combatting imaginary enemies I’d go the Cheap Charlie route.

Why? 

In case it is imaginary, they do fly only some days, at parades or such.

Aside, I doubt that the US will ever deliver one F35 to Thailand. They could give em to the Osmanian Despot then, too.

2 minutes ago, Guest1 said:

Why? 

In case it is imaginary, they do fly only some days, at parades or such.

Aside, I doubt that the US will ever deliver one F35 to Thailand. They could give em to the Osmanian Despot then, too.

Because I can have 2 or 3 planes to fly instead of 1.