Acquiring International Driver's License in Thailand

Hello,

Any idea what to do to acquire International Driver's License here in Thailand?

Thanks in advance for those who will respond.

1 hour ago, Ace_Jinx said:

Hello,

You need to get a International driving permit not license from your home country.

”   You can get an international driving permit from an issuing agency, typically the Department of Land Transport (DLT) office, from your home country or from third-party issuing entities like the International Drivers Association“

https://internationaldriversassociation.com/international-drivers-license-thailand/#:~:text=You can get an international,like the International Drivers Association.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ace_Jinx said:

Hello,

I have done it before. You need to get you license translated, passport certified, license extract from yr embassy and then get to Land Transport Dept (opposite Or Tor Kor market) if u in Bkk, and then get into a building (i forgot which number building you can ask someone there) and you will be led to go thru series of test/ eyesight/traffic rules etc .. just follow the guy in front u and when complete you will be at the G floor. 😁

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Fishermanbkk said:

I have done it before. You need to get you license translated, passport certified, license extract from yr embassy and then get to Land Transport Dept (opposite Or Tor Kor market) if u in Bkk, and then get into a building (i forgot which number building you can ask someone there) and you will be led to go thru series of test/ eyesight/traffic rules etc .. just follow the guy in front u and when complete you will be at the G floor. 😁

He wants an IDP (International Driving Permit) not a licence.
The question is, does he want an IDP for a Thai licence or for his foreign licence.

• Like 2