Jump to content

News Forum - Indian tourists are picking up Phuket’s Old Town economy


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Phuket’s recovering tourism economy is picking up again thanks to Indian tourists. Indians have been the biggest tourist group in Phuket, and Thailand overall this year. Since May 1, over 72,000 Indian tourists have visited Phuket, according to the president of Phuket Old Town Tourism Community, Somyot Pathan. Phuket’s ‘Old Town’ in the main city district is a particular hotspot for Indian visitors right now. The visitors are enjoying taking photos around Old Town’s scenic architecture. Somyot said Indian tourists also like outdoor adventures at beaches and forests. These include go-karting and zip-lining. He told The Phuket Express… “Many people […]

The story Indian tourists are picking up Phuket’s Old Town economy as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

“Many people don’t believe Indians spend money but they do, primarily at natural tourist attractions and fun places like water parks and island activities.”

🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Noble_Design said:

I saw the same thing in Pattaya too. The Indians truly are the savior of Thai tourism.

Haha, I hope that you are being sarcastic.  They will be the ruination of the City, if that is possible, ably assisted by the Chinese when they get back.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Haha, I hope that you are being sarcastic.  They will be the ruination of the City, if that is possible, ably assisted by the Chinese when they get back.  

No, I wasn't joking. Only racists would object to them spending their money in Thailand.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

No, I wasn't joking. Only racists would object to them spending their money in Thailand.

Not racist, just a realist. Were you okay, pre covid, with the antics, impacts and character of Chinese tourists, in particular in Pattaya?   Okay, I live in Asia,  so I must put up with some cultural/character issues from others that I may find difficult to deal with at times,   but I chose to live in Thailand, among Thais,  not India and certainly not China.  My choice of course, which is why, as pre covid, I will avoid Pattaya City whenever possible. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

Not racist, just a realist. Were you okay, pre covid, with the antics, impacts and character of Chinese tourists, in particular in Pattaya?   Okay, I live in Asia,  so I must put up with some cultural/character issues from others that I may find difficult to deal with at times,   but I chose to live in Thailand, among Thais,  not India and certainly not China.  My choice of course, which is why, as pre covid, I will avoid Pattaya City whenever possible. 

What were the antics of the Chinese pre Covid? Enlighten me please. So people from other countries/regions are spotless? Come on...just these news these past few months are enough proof that every countries have their bad apples.

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

41 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

What were the antics of the Chinese pre Covid? Enlighten me please. So people from other countries/regions are spotless? Come on...just these news these past few months are enough proof that every countries have their bad apples.

You must be rather worked up to reply in such detail.   As to the Chinese tourists here, if you don't know I  will not enlighten you. Just check this and other forums.  On your other first point, this post subject is  regarding Indian  tourist, not 'others', who have their own issues and problems. Frankly, I can't really stand being around most tourists, of any Nationality,  either here, or when  I went on holiday in Europe in past days.  I mostly find them boorish and boring.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

You must be rather worked up to reply in such detail.

No, I just like to refute racism. Besides it's a Saturday so I do have a little more time.

6 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

As to the Chinese tourists here, if you don't know I  will not enlighten you. Just check this and other forums.

I know some news about behaviors at buffet dinners, cutting queues and being loud etc but seriously what's so bad about that compared to theft, assault and murder done by other tourists?

And really the 'go search it yourself' it's a bit of an overused excuse used by those who can't justify their actions isn't it?

13 minutes ago, Pinetree said:

On your other first point, this post subject is  regarding Indian  tourist, not 'others', who have their own issues and problems.

Uh, you mentioned the other tourists (Chinese) first?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Noble_Design said:

And really the 'go search it yourself' it's a bit of an overused excuse used by those who can't justify their actions isn't it?

I'm not on here to justify myself to anyone.  I don't know you, you don't know me and that's more than fine. I express a personal opinion, whether or not it is supported by others, that is what forums are about. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 4:09 PM, Saunk said:

“Many people don’t believe Indians spend money but they do, primarily at natural tourist attractions and fun places like water parks and island activities.”

🤣

 

On 7/22/2022 at 5:15 PM, PapayaBokBok said:

lets go to the bargirls for comment!!

Good idea! Bargirls seem to be a prime natural attraction for a lot of tourists. Even if some of the girls might have a few un-natural enhancements  🤭🤭🤭

Edited by Janneman
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 3:09 PM, Saunk said:

“Many people don’t believe Indians spend money but they do, primarily at natural tourist attractions and fun places like water parks and island activities.”

🤣

No-ones saying they don't spend money, it's just the haggling for buy 1 get 7 free that tends to wind the thais up!

(Infact just last week I was having a foot massage and the shop owner turned down a walk in of 5 of them, when I asked why she said 'too many problem!) The government clearly want them, the thais not so. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 4:20 PM, Marc26 said:

I saw massive groups dining out in Patong............so those bills can't be small

I see massive groups huddled around one bargirl but that doesn't mean they're all going to pay her!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 4:50 AM, Noble_Design said:

No, I wasn't joking. Only racists would object to them spending their money in Thailand.

Who has objected ?

They don't have a reputation for being a pain in the arse when it comes to getting their cash out for nothing. You'll also see some bars in Bkk that have a very clear 'No Indians' on the door. Racists or could it be they know 3 or 4 of them will share one bottle of beer for an hour whilst they expect to be able to grope the girls for free d'ya reckon ? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/23/2022 at 7:01 AM, Noble_Design said:

No, I just like to refute racism. Besides it's a Saturday so I do have a little more time.

I know some news about behaviors at buffet dinners, cutting queues and being loud etc but seriously what's so bad about that compared to theft, assault and murder done by other tourists?

 

So no chinese commit theft, assault and murder ? That's odd as they tend to execute quite a few of them.

The openly spitting great mouthfuls of phlegm into the street or my particular favourite into shopping mall bins I think is up their on the list of utterly disgusting habits of the peeps in question, when they're not tucking into live animals or torturing dogs because that will make them taste better apparently, or taking tigers to the brink of extinction to get a bigger todger. These are in ADDITION to the thieving, assaulting, murdering types. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Benroon said:

I see massive groups huddled around one bargirl but that doesn't mean they're all going to pay her!

So are you saying this massive group of people aren't paying their bills at a restaurant?

 

Just a childish post 

 

PS....I am no fan of Indian tourists at all

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/22/2022 at 10:20 PM, Marc26 said:

I saw massive groups dining out in Patong............so those bills can't be small

all u can eat salad bar with one plate....dine in only

Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, PapayaBokBok said:

all u can eat salad bar with one plate....dine in only

I'd bet they are spending more money than most of the miserables on this forum

 

 

My stepson and I were at the Mexican place between Patong and Kamala 

 

Indian groups coming in by the van load

 

Again, definitely not my preference of fellow tourists 

 

But it's ridiculous to say they aren't spending money

Despite what we see from the group of single men and their cheap practices 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'd bet they are spending more money than most of the miserables on this forum

My stepson and I were at the Mexican place between Patong and Kamala 

Indian groups coming in by the van load

Again, definitely not my preference of fellow tourists 

But it's ridiculous to say they aren't spending money

Despite what we see from the group of single men and their cheap practices 

id be curious about cheap charlies that live here vs tourists......long term spending vs a week=??????

ive spent 8000k just on visa extensions.....and my daily costs of living--rent--food etc....seems relative

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/24/2022 at 4:00 PM, Benroon said:

So no chinese commit theft, assault and murder ? That's odd as they tend to execute quite a few of them.

The openly spitting great mouthfuls of phlegm into the street or my particular favourite into shopping mall bins I think is up their on the list of utterly disgusting habits of the peeps in question, when they're not tucking into live animals or torturing dogs because that will make them taste better apparently, or taking tigers to the brink of extinction to get a bigger todger. These are in ADDITION to the thieving, assaulting, murdering types. 

I think you have misunderstood the context of the discussion here. We are talking about Indians or Chinese tourists in Thailand and whether their reputation is backed by evidence of their wrong doings while vacationing in Thailand.

So please do show me evidence of them committing thefts, assault, murders or dog meat eating behavior in Thailand. So many Indian tourists come to Thailand and so far the only crimes that has happened, they were the victims rather than the perpetrator. So please tone down the racism a bit, even though you maybe hiding behind the mask of anonymity in this forum it still isn't the right thing to do.

On the contrary this news came about yesterday, so should all Australians be labelled as destructive public peeing drunkards?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 15

      Wise demanding detailed personal and financial information

    2. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    3. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

    4. 61

      News Forum - Thailand ranks 32nd globally for Muslim travel

    5. 6

      News Forum - Thai man arrested for pimping out 16 year old boy to sex creator

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use