News Forum - 12 Thai women fear being sued by the wife of a love rat who seduced them

Thaiger

Twelve Thai women fear they are going to be sued by the wife of a charming love rat who conned them into a sexual relationship. The 12 women, aged between 40 – 60 years old, have approached a lawyer for advice after discovering a man they met on social media is married. The 60 year old man, named Pu, told the women he was the managing director of a Japanese company in Thailand. He created eight Facebook accounts, four Instagram accounts, and three Line accounts to lure the women into a sexual relationship. Single moms were his target. After he […]

The story 12 Thai women fear being sued by the wife of a love rat who seduced them as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

Am I the only one here who cannot comprehend this kind of law like from the 19th century? A wife can sue a mistress in Thailand, because she has an affair with the husband. That is crazy! A marriage is between husband and wife, or in the future in Thailand hopefully also between two same-sex partners. If they have problems with each other, they can

• argue,
  • sort it out together,
  • get divorced,
  • sue each other for compensation concerning earnings during their marriage

to their hearts' content. But why would it even be legally permitted to sue the mistress? A spouse is a person, not a thing or a pet dog which could be owned or stolen. Even if a person knowingly seduces another person who is in a relationship - married or not - it is up to that other person to decide to yield or refuse. If the wife wants to scream at her promiscuous husband or slap him, is up to her, but why blame the third person outside the partnership? And why sue and take money from that person?

Oh strange new worlds!

Edited by kriegaex
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, kriegaex said:

Thailand hopefully also between two same-sex partners.

Never pass up any opportunity to politic for LGBT even if it has nothing to do with the topic.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Twelve Thai women fear they are going to be sued by the wife of a charming love rat who conned them into a sexual relationship. The 12 women, aged between 40 – 60 years old

How can wife sue if she does not know who these women are? 

Doubt the "Pu" man is telling his wife the first and last names of all these older aged conquests of his (Allegedly) 😆

2 hours ago, kriegaex said:

Am I the only one here who cannot comprehend this kind of law like from the 19th century?

If someone tries to steal your financial asset you should be able to sue them 🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, longwood50 said:

Never pass up any opportunity to politic for LGBT even if it has nothing to do with the topic.  

Sorry if I hit a sensitive point or annoyed you with my open-mindedness. I did not think about expressing a political view at all, and I am not an LGBT activist either. I am not even gay or otherwise queer. I just sympathise with the idea of equal rights for everyone and did not want to exclude anyone by always just saying "husband & wife" or "wife vs. mistress". Women cheat just like men do and relationship problems like these do not exist exclusively between heterosexual couples. Insofar, that part of my comment is on topic, even though it hit your personal "LGBT activism" radar.

Edited by kriegaex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, kriegaex said:

Am I the only one here who cannot comprehend this kind of law like from the 19th century? A wife can sue a mistress in Thailand, because she has an affair with the husband. That is crazy! A marriage is between husband and wife, or in the future in Thailand hopefully also between two same-sex partners. If they have problems with each other, they can

• argue,
  • sort it out together,
  • get divorced,

to their hearts' content. But why would it even be legally permitted to sue the mistress? A spouse is a person, not a thing or a pet dog which could be owned or stolen. Even if a person knowingly seduces another person who is in a relationship - married or not - it is up to that other person to decide to yield or refuse. If the wife wants to scream at her promiscuous husband or slap him, is up to her, but why blame the third person outside the partnership? And why sue and take money from that person?

Oh strange new worlds!

No (you're not the only one). How about this one: 

• If a female spouse commits adultery on one occasion, the male spouse has grounds for a divorce.
  • If a male spouse commits adultery on one occasion, the female spouse has no grounds for a divorce unless the 3rd party is married.

Funnily, Thailand has a gender equality act which prohibits unfair gender discrimination, but it defines fairness of gender discrimination as "the majority opinion of the WorLorPor Committee" (and they have no right of opinionating if the case - like filing for divorce - has already arrived at a court).

Some people wonder why same-sex marriages aren't legalized; one reason is that it would require a major rewrite of Thai law all over the place (to drag Thailand kicking and screaming into the 20th century with all kinds of side-effects). It's much easier to keep things as they are (based on recursive arguments like: if it was good 100 years ago, well, it should still be good now -- after all, it's the law).

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, kriegaex said:

• argue,
  • sort it out together,
  • get divorced,

Oh strange new worlds!

It gets even worse:

Be careful to fall in love to a married Thai woman.

In case the wife leaves her husband for you, and moves in, and you don't wanna give up on her, he can sue you for a monthly compensation! ;-)

Some say, these incidents  are kind of a deal to secure wealth for the family!

An amusing story. Well done. As per usual there will be money involved. Who knows maybe it’s a scam cooked up between the husband and wife to get money. In Asia you never know. In Cambodia some girls work in the bars to get money from farang to support their lazy husbands and children. 

17 hours ago, kriegaex said:

• argue,
  • sort it out together,
  • get divorced,

Oh strange new worlds!

If you live in Hawaii, Illinois, Mississippi, New Mexico, North Carolina, South Dakota, or Utah, you have legal recourse should someone intrude into your marriage by having an affair with your spouse

14 hours ago, kriegaex said:

Sorry if I hit a sensitive point or annoyed you with my open-mindedness.

You term it open-mindedness, I term it making a political statment.  The article had zero I repeat zero to do with LGBT rights but you chose to to inject it.  And no I don't care who somebody choice for who they want to have sex with but I do object to people shoving and I repeat shoving their lifestyles whether that is on race, religion, sexual orientation, abortion etc in my face and somehow believing that is not rude.  If I made the exact reverse comment and said and I hope that Thailand remains a country that recognizes only marriages between a man and a woman you would find that bigoted and probably offensive.  Certainly not germaine to the OP.  So one is OK and the other not.  Talk about "hypocrisy" and open-mindedness.  Liberals are open-minded only so long as you agree with them.  If not, your a bigot or racist. 

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 12:39 PM, Thaiger said:

However, the charge would be dismissed if the mistress could prove she was lured into the relationship.

Lured=never got any cash.