The Best Vaccine You Never Heard Of - Novavax

ChristyS

June 2021 Hilda Bastian writes in  The Atlantic -  " But when the Maryland-based biotech firm Novavax announced its latest stunning trial results last week, and an efficacy rate of more than 90 percent even against coronavirus variants, the response from the same media outlets was muted in comparison. The difference, of course, was the timing: With three vaccines already authorized for emergency use by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration, the nation is “awash in other shots” already, as the The New York Times put it.

" mRNA vaccines may have been the first to get results from Phase 3 clinical trials, but that’s because of superior trial management, not secret vaccine sauce. For now, they are harder and more expensive to manufacture and distribute than traditional types of vaccines, and their side effects are more common and more severe.

"The latest Novavax data confirm that it’s possible to achieve the same efficacy against COVID-19 with a more familiar technology that more people may be inclined to trust. (The mRNA vaccines delivered efficacy rates of 95 and 94 percent against the original coronavirus strain in Phase 3 trials, as compared with 96 percent for Novavax in its first trial, and now 90 percent against a mixture of variants..."

END EXCERPT  https://www.theatlantic.com/health/archive/2021/06/novavax-now-best-covid-19-vaccine/619276/

I am not comfortable  with the fast tracked testing  phase of m-RNA  and AZ appears to have some issues, and of course the Sinovac/Pharm are at too poor an efficacy  to ward off the now emerging variants... Delta  having it's own  mutation the Alpha Delta  (?) - like living  in Greek Marvel world suddenly. 

Agreed, it could be a game changer, but not anytime soon.

Last month they announced they wouldn't be seeking approval in the US until Q4 this year, citing difficulty in obtaining raw materials and ramping up production to significant levels.

No country has approved it yet, and there is no data on how it might stand against the Delta variant, yet, but it seems to kick ass against the British variant.

More news today said that Pfizer and Moderna were looking good against the Delta variant...now if we could just get those in Thailand, life would be better.

• Like 1

This from April  ( Made from moth cells and called Matrix technology will certainly lend itself to the conspiracy theorists MOTHMAN, anyone?)  

" Hopes are growing that a dark-horse coronavirus vaccine from a tiny U.S. drugmaker can shore up supplies in the U.S. and globally as safety concerns and production problems shadow shots from Johnson & Johnson and AstraZeneca.

The vaccine’s developer, Novavax, has never brought a product to market. The shot entered late-stage clinical trials months after candidates from bigger names like Pfizer and Moderna. But the Novavax vaccine proved just as potent as those mRNA shots in a U.K. trial, and the company is now preparing to file for U.S. authorization in a matter of weeks — potentially leapfrogging AstraZeneca, a former frontrunner....

"The company is aiming to pump out 150 million doses a month by the second half of the year..."

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/04/27/novavax-coronavirus-vaccine-484731

• 3 weeks later...

07 13 2021 The Phuket news - "While Novavax has not been approved for emergency use by the US Food and Drug Administration, Dr Boon foresaw no problem registering it in Thailand.

“After all, Sinovac was registered here even when it had not been approved anywhere else,” he said, referring to the Chinese-made inactivated vaccine that has become a main vaccine in the country to date..."

https://www.thephuketnews.com/boon-in-talks-to-buy-biontech-novavax-shots-80663.php

@ChristySBionTech didn't talk with Dr. Boon or his organisation. just saying. Perhaps same applies to your favorite never coming vaccine Novax actually the name itself sounds like a good 1st of April joke for the anti-vaxxer.

On 6/28/2021 at 6:11 PM, MrStretch said:

More news today said that Pfizer and Moderna were looking good against the Delta variant...now if we could just get those in Thailand, life would be better.

One thing I've seen recently is that they've changed the goalposts. Initially, the vaccines were reported as being able to reduce transmissions, including those that were asymptomatic, by about X percent in a “real-world” setting. X for Pfizer/Biontech was up over 90. The latest tests reported against Delta are claiming a similar value of X but only against "serious disease and death".

16 hours ago, Shark said:

@ChristySBionTech didn't talk with Dr. Boon or his organisation. just saying. Perhaps same applies to your favorite never coming vaccine Novax actually the name itself sounds like a good 1st of April joke for the anti-vaxxer.

That report is after the  Phuket News  report. Are you  alluding to an  opinion I am against vaccines? 

Is English  not your first language as much of what you write is not clear. Just saying.  

Sure it's a joke  alright, everyone is in on  it... 

Look, a fake Wiki entry !  Hilarious !! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novavax

Hah! A fake trial even  !!  

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/07/12/pittsburgh-area-doctors-office-novavax-covid-19-vaccine-trial/

Ever heard of the New England Journal of Medicine ?  April Fools  !!  55555

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107659

• Haha 1

Originally I thought that Novavax was not using the spike protein, but it turns out it too is a spike protein factory.  See Dr Mobeen's youtube channel about this. He makes a video specifically about Novavax vaccine.

Amazing how all of these vaccines aren't' going for full immunity to stop the virus, but instead are going for easing the symptoms.

Then add boosters every 6 months and you've got the world's great subscription model generating billions of revenue annually without having to look for more customers or spend a baht on advertising.

• Like 1

just for your info and this was the same about people talking about Novavax.

But just be honest @ChristySit's ok to be a anti-vaxxer your not alone on this forums.
Because as soon as and if it becomes available there will be another reason not too. Right?

23 hours ago, Shark said:

just for your info and this was the same about people talking about Novavax.

But just be honest @ChristySit's ok to be a anti-vaxxer your not alone on this forums.
Because as soon as and if it becomes available there will be another reason not too. Right?

I gave three accredited links showing Novavax is real to counter your somewhat absurd claim it is not-  and  your answer is more ad hominem BS.   If you're  deliberately misunderstanding  as you think it makes you seem clever- it's not working. Please show me any post where I claim to not want a vaccine?       

On 7/16/2021 at 3:07 PM, ChristyS said:

That report is after the  Phuket News  report. Are you  alluding to an  opinion I am against vaccines? 

Is English  not your first language as much of what you write is not clear. Just saying.  

Sure it's a joke  alright, everyone is in on  it... 

Look, a fake Wiki entry !  Hilarious !! 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novavax

Hah! A fake trial even  !!  

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2021/07/12/pittsburgh-area-doctors-office-novavax-covid-19-vaccine-trial/

Ever heard of the New England Journal of Medicine ?  April Fools  !!  55555

https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2107659

Here are the links,  so Shark, you really  think these are faked or ...what? Just amusing yourself with baiting statements?    Please expand on why   you think Novovax is  not real and a joke.  

On 7/15/2021 at 10:54 PM, JamesE said:

One thing I've seen recently is that they've changed the goalposts. Initially, the vaccines were reported as being able to reduce transmissions, including those that were asymptomatic, by about X percent in a “real-world” setting. X for Pfizer/Biontech was up over 90. The latest tests reported against Delta are claiming a similar value of X but only against "serious disease and death".

Or..  the virus is weakening-  No cure for the common cold which is the oldest corona virus No doubt it was deadly upon first emergence  

I do not normally get involved in what could be perceived as bating posts.  But some of the posts in this threat are exactly that.

ChristyS is totally correct in her references.  NVX-CoV2373 (aka Novavax)  will shortly be approved by the WHO - wgaf if the Yanks approve it which, of course, they will.  As a 40 year contributor and lifetime subscriber to NEJM, I am fascinated by reports that they are somehow now promoting/publishing b___s____. 

7 hours ago, ChristyS said:

Or..  the virus is weakening-  No cure for the common cold which is the oldest corona virus No doubt it was deadly upon first emergence  

Possible, but with this SARS-CoV-2 bug currently there is no evolutionary pressure to become less lethal. The oldest known coronavirus is about 800 years old. There were, of course, earlier coronaviruses, they just haven't been identified. There was an interesting article (https://www.sciencenews.org/article/ancient-coronavirus-epidemic-east-asia-dna-covid) showing evidence of an ancient coronavirus pandemic in east Asia that was both deadly enough and long lasting enough to leave traces in the regional human genome.

On 7/17/2021 at 3:33 PM, ChristyS said:

Here are the links,  so Shark, you really  think these are faked or ...what? Just amusing yourself with baiting statements?    Please expand on why   you think Novovax is  not real and a joke.  

My point was that Novavax appears to be just as much Novax as Pfizer in this country. If you want it. I don't know where you think that I thought it wasn't a real vaccine, my point was Thailand is not getting it and if they do your not getting it.

But your the one always talking about trials and what not, and now you jump on the newest one because it has the most flashy numbers? Till now out in the 'wild' nobody has been vaccinated with Novavax so the lab trials can be pumped up to be nicer then they really are.

Anyways good luck securing Novavax.

On 7/16/2021 at 1:24 AM, Ttalk said:

Amazing how all of these vaccines aren't' going for full immunity to stop the virus, but instead are going for easing the symptoms.

I always thought that was the way vaccines worked.  Annual flu shots are the same?

• Like 1