Jump to content

News Forum - Molnupiravir should not be bought online and used, FDA warns


Thaiger
 Share

Recommended Posts

Self-administering the Covid-19 drug Molnupiravir can be dangerous, according to a new warning by the Thai Food a Drug Administration. The FDA announced that people should not purchase Molnupiravir independently and should only take the drug that has been used to treat Covid symptoms after consultation with a doctor or other medical professional who can prescribe proper usage. The Secretary General of the FDA said they’ve discovered online sales of Molnupiravir and are now investigating websites and other channels that may be selling the pills. They’re fearful that these pills are likely illegally imported from unverified sources and warn that […]

The story Molnupiravir should not be bought online and used, FDA warns as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Link to comment
Share on other sites

reads very much like protecting the exorbitant profits of big pharma, but maybe I'm just an antiquated cynic!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This wouldn’t crop up in the first place if there was an effective communications plan to actually distribute the medication.  They say oh we’ve got plenty and see a doctor. 

An effective communications plan would give more detailed instructions on who should seek treatment with it and how to get it. If you are in a risk group, you should get it and get it early—there’s not a whole lot more than that to consider  

Also does anyone find it odd they are following treatment protocols from 2019? 

They advised that anybody who thinks they might need Molnupiravir should first consult with a doctor who can observe their symptoms and prescribe proper treatment following the Department of Medicine 2019 guidelines that outline coronavirus treatment.”

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

Rebranded ivermectin. Always good to have a patented drug to rip off the public.

You people aren't just patently absurd

 

It's amazing how many ridiculous lunatics that have crawled out under the rocks since 2016

 

It blows my mind how many grown adults just say patently false things and just don't care

 

Because they are just insanely stupid or knowingly want to push false information 

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You people aren't just patently absurd

It's amazing how many ridiculous lunatics that have crawled out under the rocks since 2016

It blows my mind how many grown adults just say patently false things and just don't care

Because they are just insanely stupid or knowingly want to push false information 

 

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-does-merck-s-molnupiravir-differ-from-ivermectin
$700 per patient as opposed to a few dollars for ivermectin . There is a reason why ivermectin has not proven effective in studies. Any studies are deliberately set up to fail. Drug companies can set drugs up has wonder drugs when they are nothing of the sort. A good example of this is Remdesivir by Gilead science. Investors include Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush family. An ex-Ebola drug that failed and was withdrawn with a 53% fatality rate as opposed to around 30% for the three other Ebola drugs that were being trialed. Never mind. Pretend it works for Covid! Many try to justify statements by referring to fact checking websites. Who funds these fact checking organisations? Big tech and the pharmaceutical companies of course!

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, anarchofarmer said:

reads very much like protecting the exorbitant profits of big pharma, but maybe I'm just an antiquated cynic!

Nothing wrong with natural cynicism -

If only more were.

Edited by DesperateOldHand
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This warning makes sense for a number of reasons. Encouraging people to see a doctor ensures that they actually have Covid and are isolated if necessary and treated accordingly. I don’t want the server at my restaurant self diagnosing and self medicating. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-does-merck-s-molnupiravir-differ-from-ivermectin
$700 per patient as opposed to a few dollars for ivermectin . There is a reason why ivermectin has not proven effective in studies. Any studies are deliberately set up to fail. Drug companies can set drugs up has wonder drugs when they are nothing of the sort. A good example of this is Remdesivir by Gilead science. Investors include Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush family. An ex-Ebola drug that failed and was withdrawn with a 53% fatality rate as opposed to around 30% for the three other Ebola drugs that were being trialed. Never mind. Pretend it works for Covid! Many try to justify statements by referring to fact checking websites. Who funds these fact checking organisations? Big tech and the pharmaceutical companies of course!

It's not the same drug, has completely different chemical makeups 

 

Stop with the nonsense, you are grown man.....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, JJJ said:

This wouldn’t crop up in the first place if there was an effective communications plan

If there's some hierarchical structure in Thailand, communication is not possible. It's always a game of broken telephone which becomes so broken that halfway the line, they stop passing down the message. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Idk why, but it's funny how I actually read these posts, half full of CAPS, like Sam Kinison used to scream. 😂😂😂

Your post could be construed as a comment on Moderation.

As I am feeling benevolent, kindly even, I'll think of it as a joke.

 

  • Cool 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Join Thaiger Talk Today!

    Sign up in 30 seconds and join the discussion on everything Thailand!

  • Latest Posts

    1. 2

      News Forum - Woman accuses police of seizing her car for personal use

    2. 6

      Staying Thailand with TR. How long is too long ?

    3. 7

      News Forum - Olympic Games on the brink as 40 nations threaten to pull out

  • New Topics

  • Popular Now

  • Tell a friend

    Love Thaiger Talk? Tell a friend!
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By posting on Thaiger Talk you agree to the Terms of Use