News Forum - Molnupiravir should not be bought online and used, FDA warns

Thaiger

Self-administering the Covid-19 drug Molnupiravir can be dangerous, according to a new warning by the Thai Food a Drug Administration. The FDA announced that people should not purchase Molnupiravir independently and should only take the drug that has been used to treat Covid symptoms after consultation with a doctor or other medical professional who can prescribe proper usage. The Secretary General of the FDA said they’ve discovered online sales of Molnupiravir and are now investigating websites and other channels that may be selling the pills. They’re fearful that these pills are likely illegally imported from unverified sources and warn that […]

The story Molnupiravir should not be bought online and used, FDA warns as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

reads very much like protecting the exorbitant profits of big pharma, but maybe I'm just an antiquated cynic!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

This wouldn’t crop up in the first place if there was an effective communications plan to actually distribute the medication.  They say oh we’ve got plenty and see a doctor. 

An effective communications plan would give more detailed instructions on who should seek treatment with it and how to get it. If you are in a risk group, you should get it and get it early—there’s not a whole lot more than that to consider  

Also does anyone find it odd they are following treatment protocols from 2019? 

They advised that anybody who thinks they might need Molnupiravir should first consult with a doctor who can observe their symptoms and prescribe proper treatment following the Department of Medicine 2019 guidelines that outline coronavirus treatment.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Cg66 said:

Rebranded ivermectin. Always good to have a patented drug to rip off the public.

You people aren't just patently absurd

It's amazing how many ridiculous lunatics that have crawled out under the rocks since 2016

It blows my mind how many grown adults just say patently false things and just don't care

Because they are just insanely stupid or knowingly want to push false information 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Marc26 said:

You people aren't just patently absurd

It's amazing how many ridiculous lunatics that have crawled out under the rocks since 2016

It blows my mind how many grown adults just say patently false things and just don't care

Because they are just insanely stupid or knowingly want to push false information 

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-does-merck-s-molnupiravir-differ-from-ivermectin
$700 per patient as opposed to a few dollars for ivermectin . There is a reason why ivermectin has not proven effective in studies. Any studies are deliberately set up to fail. Drug companies can set drugs up has wonder drugs when they are nothing of the sort. A good example of this is Remdesivir by Gilead science. Investors include Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush family. An ex-Ebola drug that failed and was withdrawn with a 53% fatality rate as opposed to around 30% for the three other Ebola drugs that were being trialed. Never mind. Pretend it works for Covid! Many try to justify statements by referring to fact checking websites. Who funds these fact checking organisations? Big tech and the pharmaceutical companies of course!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, anarchofarmer said:

reads very much like protecting the exorbitant profits of big pharma, but maybe I'm just an antiquated cynic!

Nothing wrong with natural cynicism -

If only more were.

Edited by DesperateOldHand

This warning makes sense for a number of reasons. Encouraging people to see a doctor ensures that they actually have Covid and are isolated if necessary and treated accordingly. I don’t want the server at my restaurant self diagnosing and self medicating. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cg66 said:

https://health-desk.org/articles/how-does-merck-s-molnupiravir-differ-from-ivermectin
$700 per patient as opposed to a few dollars for ivermectin . There is a reason why ivermectin has not proven effective in studies. Any studies are deliberately set up to fail. Drug companies can set drugs up has wonder drugs when they are nothing of the sort. A good example of this is Remdesivir by Gilead science. Investors include Donald Rumsfeld and the Bush family. An ex-Ebola drug that failed and was withdrawn with a 53% fatality rate as opposed to around 30% for the three other Ebola drugs that were being trialed. Never mind. Pretend it works for Covid! Many try to justify statements by referring to fact checking websites. Who funds these fact checking organisations? Big tech and the pharmaceutical companies of course!

It's not the same drug, has completely different chemical makeups 

Stop with the nonsense, you are grown man.....

16 hours ago, JJJ said:

This wouldn’t crop up in the first place if there was an effective communications plan

If there's some hierarchical structure in Thailand, communication is not possible. It's always a game of broken telephone which becomes so broken that halfway the line, they stop passing down the message. 

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Idk why, but it's funny how I actually read these posts, half full of CAPS, like Sam Kinison used to scream. 😂😂😂

Your post could be construed as a comment on Moderation.

As I am feeling benevolent, kindly even, I'll think of it as a joke.

• Cool 1