News Forum - Sleeping driver unharmed after seemingly deadly crash

Thaiger

Yesterday morning saw what looked to be a grizzly car crash in Nakhon Si Thammarat but, surprisingly, the driver walked away unharmed. A pickup truck brimming with durian fruit smashed into a power pole on the highway yesterday morning after the driver fell asleep at the wheel. A man from Phang Nga had been driving down Highway 41 in Thung Song district of the Southern province when his drowsiness got the better of him as he drifted off into sleep causing him to lose control of the truck. The vehicle collided with a power pole that has been knocked over, […]

The story Sleeping driver unharmed after seemingly deadly crash as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I dunno, truck written off, cargo representing his entire seasonal output probably looted, no insurance for either, very likely delayed concussion with all that implies -up to brain tumours a decade on, and all of this coming in a flatline economy?

Death for him would be a blessing in disguise.

4 hours ago, Venusianhart said:

I dunno, truck written off, cargo representing his entire seasonal output probably looted, no insurance for either, very likely delayed concussion with all that implies -up to brain tumours a decade on, and all of this coming in a flatline economy?

Death for him would be a blessing in disguise.

And he had clearly run out of ya ba. Tough times indeed.

12 hours ago, Thaiger said:

A pickup truck brimming with durian fruit smashed into a power pole on the highway yesterday morning after the driver fell asleep at the wheel.

There is about 100 metres gap between poles, why not aim for one of those gaps.  555

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

There is about 100 metres gap between poles, why not aim for one of those gaps.  555

It must be some sort of animal magnetism between Thais and electric poles.

• Haha 2

I'll admit that this story is related to Thailand, but I have no idea why you'd think that foreigners like me would come to a web site with stories about Thais in car accidents.  I could not care less.  I'd care like 1% about foreigners in car accidents in Thailand, and 0% about Thais in car accidents in Thailand.  

3 minutes ago, Malc-Thai said:

Brake failure!  They don't work while sleeping..

Isn't that more likely brain failure?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bluesofa said:

Isn't that more likely brain failure?

For that, you would to have a brain in the first place!

• Haha 3

Yesterday morning saw what looked to be a grizzly car crash 

Nothing in the report to indicate whether the bear was injured or not.

I hope that the poor animal is Ok.

Maybe they meant grisly and not grizzly?