News Forum - Honeymooning British man drowns in Phuket, Thailand

Thaiger

A British man on his honeymoon refused to acknowledge a red-flagged no swim zone on the island of Phuket in southern Thailand and it cost him his life. Ali Mohammed Mian drowned only two days into his honeymoon after being swept out to sea when he tried to take a dip in choppy waters at Kata Noi Beach on Tuesday. The 34 year old and his wife were staying at the five-star Katathani Phuket Beach Resort when he went for a swim despite red flag warning signs advising against it. The London-born man was swept out to sea by a […]

The story Honeymooning British man drowns in Phuket, Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

You only perform CPR on a person if there is No heartbeat. Performing CPR on a heart will stop the heart from pumping and will fataly harm the person you are trying to save.

If there is a heartbeat, you only do mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, No chest compressions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thaiger said:

Ali Mohammed Mian drowned only two days into his honeymoon after being swept out to sea when he tried to take a dip in choppy waters at Kata Noi Beach on Tuesday

RIP Ali  I had a feeling you were a Londoner when I seen your name in the press.

• Haha 1

Same story people never learn and pay the price.

"Red flag no swim zone"

Unless he was color blind.

No sympathy from me.

• Like 2

tourists are lured to the green season, expecting a normal holiday which it aint,its the monsoon season where you have strong winds and rip tides, besides the heavy rain, met many tourist who feel they been mislead and disappointed .the rebranding started a few years ago, tourist need to be informed of the danger before booking

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Nivram said:

Same story people never learn and pay the price.

"Red flag no swim zone"

Unless he was color blind.

No sympathy from me.

Weird comment, a soul passed away, I'm pretty sure he's not looking for your sympathy.

7 hours ago, harry1 said:

tourists are lured to the green season, expecting a normal holiday which it aint,its the monsoon season where you have strong winds and rip tides, besides the heavy rain, met many tourist who feel they been mislead and disappointed .the rebranding started a few years ago, tourist need to be informed of the danger before booking

If someone can't do a simple ten minute research to see what the weather is like where they are planning to book, that is 100% on them, they aren't being miseld

• Like 1

15 hours ago, harry1 said:

tourist need to be informed of the danger before booking

Why... it's a worldwide phenomena that there are rip tides and posted no swimming zones... maybe tourists should be reminded to obey warnings when they are clearly posted

• Like 1

Got caught in a riptide on that very same beach about 25 years ago when I was a far better swimmer then I am now. 

Obviously I survived, but I still remember that feeling of panic at not being able to get back in. 

A surprisingly strong undercurrent.