News Forum - Tourism ‘insurance’ fee will cover ALL foreigners entering Thailand | GMT

Thaiger

Tourism ‘insurance’ fee will cover ALL foreigners entering Thailand. Say no to shark fin, says new WildAid video featuring Miss Universe Thailand. Bike racing tourists arrested in South Pattaya. Bangkok governor looks for Chinese cash to create smart city. Netizens complain about low-quality lunch in public school. All this and more on today’s Good Morning Thailand.

The story Tourism ‘insurance’ fee will cover ALL foreigners entering Thailand | GMT as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

So it’s Insurance for foreigners entering Thailand?

For residence , Retirees, Ex Pats?

How long does the Insurance valid for?

They have no idea what they are doing?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Grant said:

So it’s Insurance for foreigners entering Thailand?

For residence , Retirees, Ex Pats?

How long does the Insurance valid for?

They have no idea what they are doing?

It's all there in the story.  This is the 300b entry fee they have been talking about implementing for awhile but delayed due to covid.  The new twist is that it includes 500,000b of medical insurance.  I'll wait to see more details but it sounds like a good idea in theory.  Better than 300b for nothing other than a tourist tax.

Edited by samiam123

As always, lots of wriggle room in the vaguest of legislation to not pay us a cent in medical costs. 

Confusing statements that they will pay for "injuries" but not "hospital".

What if you're too unwell to move on after an injury that develops direct complications?

This is complex stuff and its being thrown out there with the usual mai bpen rai abandon.

Anyway, it's a few bucks more on top of all the other ticket "fees and taxes" often up to 50% of the ticket cost. So I really don't care,

I still believe in well researched insurance, it already saved me nearly $20K one time before in Asia.

At least the slimy overpaid Doolittles in our diplomatic corps are not exempt from the fee either. 

Now that's democracy!

Say no to shark fin?

I've never said yes to shark fin. 

It probably tastes like fishy-chicken anyway. Almost everything that isn't pork, beef, fish, or duck, does. 😁

This should of been done twenty years ago. I was hospitalised seventeen years ago for none life threatening treatment, but the doctor and hospital administrator said I had to pay upfront for the treatment. When I asked why, they told me they had treated (motorcycle) accident foreigners over the years, who had then defaulted on paying their medical expenses. I paid the 31,000 baht upfront. I didn't question paying upfront as I had substantial assets. 300 baht is nothing, when you consider, if you buy travel insurance costing upwards of 5,000 baht equivalent with insurance companies.