News Forum - This city in Laos is a hit with Thai tourists

Thaiger

One city in Laos is a major hit with Thai tourists right now. Luang Prabang, Laos’s former capital, is seeing the majority of its room reservations filled by Thai travellers. Since Laos lifted its entry restrictions in May, Thais have made up 90% of the country’s room reservations. Meanwhile, Laos now has fewer tourists coming from Europe, Korea, China, and other countries. Travel is still tricky, and people around the world are dealing with the economic crisis. But thanks to Thai tourists, the president of the Luang Prabang Hotel and Guesthouse Association said that hotels and guesthouses have been almost […]

The story This city in Laos is a hit with Thai tourists as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Yes, great place to visit!

World Heritage with French Colonial buildings, fabulous temples and many attractions in the surrounding area.

• Like 1

Hopefully I will go there soon, my girlfriend has family in Laos and wants to visit so we will put this city on the itinerary. 

The Lao people are really sweet and soft spoken

Gentle people 

My wife loved they all called her "Madame "

After a few days she said

"Oh, I think Lao people are like Canadian people(where we live) and Thai people (her) are loud like American(me) "  5555

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Marc26 said:

Gentle people 

After a few days she said

"Oh, I think Lao people are like Canadian people(where we live) and Thai people (her) are loud like American(me) "  5555

Your wife seems very perceptive.

Luang Prabang (old capital) truly a wonderful place to visit, spent a week there and loved every minute.

Evenings were my favourite times. 

Great if you need a break from the stressfull city clamour, the pace is "extremely" slow, life is layback, food is great, cheap and French influenced,  people really nice.

On one occassion the streets turned orange with all the monks exiting the temples. There were hundreds.

Asked what is happening and told the monks just go for a walk to visit other temples and friends.

57 minutes ago, palooka said:

Asked what is happening and told the monks just go for a walk to visit other temples and friends.

Well the do the Alms walk every morning as well......quite a spectacle to witness

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Marc26 said:

Gentle people 

In Luang Prabang they speak a dialect which is very similar to Northern Thai (both have Lanna roots).

My gf could communicate without problems and the second evening we were invited to eat with the owners of the guesthouse.

Good memories.

• Like 1