News Forum - Police fire 30 shots at suspected child rapist in central Thailand

Thaiger

Yesterday evening, Thai police fatally shot a man wanted under suspicion of raping a child. The police were about to arrest the man when he allegedly fired a single shot at the police. In response, police fired over 30 shots at the man’s car, instantly killing him at a petrol station in Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya province in central Thailand. According to employees of a petrol station in Lat Bua Luang district, a man in a black Honda Jazz car pulled into the petrol station at around 8:30pm yesterday. The car parked in front of the toilet for about 15 […]

The story Police fire 30 shots at suspected child rapist in central Thailand as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

30 shots is excessive, if he only fired 1 shot.

Talk about being edgy.

How many police were there?

They all thought their life was in danger.

Shoot first, ask questions later.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, KaptainRob said:

30 shots by Police in self-defence is a bit rich, methinks he got judge, jury and executioner! 

Yes, certainly the police should have waited to see if the person would continue firing or perhaps kill a police officer before returning fire.  DUH

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

Perhaps the police had been watching American movies. 30 shots is excessive with 20 hits. I hope they got the right man. 

• Like 2

It doesn't matter 30 shots or 300 shorts. If the culprit is caught alive, then he would probably back in to his business on the street sooner. It is good to eradicate such animals and save the lives of children

• Like 5

3 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

30 shots by Police in self-defence is a bit rich, methinks he got judge, jury and executioner! 

I guess they've been getting lessons from the american police!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ramanathan.P said:

It doesn't matter 30 shots or 300 shorts. If the culprit is caught alive, then he would probably back in to his business on the street sooner. It is good to eradicate such animals and save the lives of children

He is a suspect, he is not convicted yet.

• Like 3

No love lost for child rapist, but "suspected" is a key word.  As stated above, 30 shots is extremely excessive but i guess if your in the right gang and wear a brown uniform "laws" and "rules" need not apply.  

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, MrNovax said:

No love lost for child rapist, but "suspected" is a key word.  As stated above, 30 shots is extremely excessive but i guess if your in the right gang and wear a brown uniform "laws" and "rules" need not apply.  

He shot at police who were themselves armed,  He was either guilty, or a stupid dumb ass, either way he paid the price.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

More than 30 shots were fired at the man in total, around 20 of them hitting his body, said police.

Looking at the holes in the car, they must have shot a lot more, as "just" 30 rounds, to hit him "about 20 times".  Aren't they going to shooting ranges, mandatory?

7 hours ago, KaptainRob said:

Sound's a bit like the old story about the Palestinian man found dead in Israel with 18 stab wounds to his back, the coroner ruled it was the worst case of suicide he had ever seen. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Pinetree said:

He shot at police who were themselves armed,  He was either guilty, or a stupid dumb ass, either way he paid the price.  

if we allowed the killing stupid people simply for being stupid there would be very few people left.  a 30 to 1 shot ratio is excessive and its not their job to decide if he was guilty.  

its important to note, he allegedly shot at them and we cant even confirm that.  im sorry if i dont take the BIB at their word.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This story could have come out of the USA on any given day.

Police have guns and are willing to use them so don't put yourself in this situation by giving them an excuse to shoot you full of holes. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Wozzlegummich said:

"Well I'm all broken up about that man's rights."
Dirty Harry

Lost his human rights when he became an animal.

1 hour ago, Jerry said:

Lost his human rights when he became an animal.

I agree with that, but as far as I could read in the article he was only suspected of the crime.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Donald said:

I agree with that, but as far as I could read in the article he was only suspected of the crime.

Suspected of rape, but definitely NOT suspected of firing at police in this instance. Saves on a trial at least

8 hours ago, MrNovax said:

if we allowed the killing stupid people simply for being stupid there would be very few people left.  a 30 to 1 shot ratio is excessive and its not their job to decide if he was guilty.  

its important to note, he allegedly shot at them and we cant even confirm that.  im sorry if i dont take the BIB at their word.

And by that comment, I can see that you are an early contender for Darwin candidate of the year. Ever hear of Bonnie and Clyde? When they were shot to death by in excess of 700 rounds, the cops were asked by that number of bullets; their answer? "We ran out of ammo". I don't care what the ratio is. If someone were to shoot at me, I would return fire until I ran out of ammo and made sure the sucker was dead.