News Forum - Thailand News Today | WHO warns of more Covid, but does the world care?

Thaiger

The World Health Organisation is warning that the Covid-19 pandemic is far from finished, but the rest of the world seems ready to move on. The WHO received data around the world showing a 30% jump in Covid-19 infections in the past 2 weeks, but the public has grown tired of safety measures and is now impatient.  The WHO blames the rise in infections to what it calls pandemic fatigue where people have lost vigilance and are bored of dealing with it. According to the WHO, testing and sequencing have decreased significantly, and vaccination and treatment have become more […]

The story Thailand News Today | WHO warns of more Covid, but does the world care? as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Like I mentioned before if we can have 1 rai of land there is always an insane.... catch behind it... useless again and they wasting government money and time on this lunatic idea again... another fake hope of owning 1 rai of land.... thank you thailand for the selfish and stupid behavior always, and you running a country, seriously?

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The WHO received data around the world showing a 30% jump in Covid-19 infections in the past 2 weeks, but the public has grown tired of safety measures and is now impatient.  The WHO blames

Comes to mind (hope that irony is permitted in this topic. if not, just delete it, please;-) :

3 hours ago, Thaiger said:

The World Health Organisation is warning that the Covid-19 pandemic is far from finished, but the rest of the world seems ready to move on.

That says it all. By now most people have experience with Covid and they see that it's actually not that bad compared to what the WHO told us before. 

"but does the world care?" 

Nope! 

I think the world is so tired of the WHO, the constant and incessant fear mongering, and the warnings. We just want to get on with our lives. 

Variant this and variant that. When will they admit fatalities are way down, and each variant is just getting weaker and more pathetic?

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

That says it all. By now most people have experience with Covid and they see that it's actually not that bad compared to what the WHO told us before. 

"but does the world care?" 

Nope! 

Too be fair it was worse before, my healthy 36 old sister had COVID early on and said it felt like someone was sitting on her chest when breathing. but when I had it this year it was just a cold with a difference in how I coughed.

But, yeah, now it is just another cold that we have to deal with once or twice a year, there is no way of putting the genie back in the bottle (is that really a saying or am I butchering it) it is here to stay.

Except for China no one cares or rather except for the CCP.

19 minutes ago, Tjampman said:

Except for China no one cares or rather except for the CCP.

I think you'll find not everybody shares your flippant attitude and most of the world cares and braces itself for the coming cold season in the Northern hemisphere.

41 minutes ago, astro said:

I think you'll find not everybody shares your flippant attitude and most of the world cares and braces itself for the coming cold season in the Northern hemisphere.

Good luck with that

• Like 1

Reminds me of the tale Peter and the wolf. The WHO has shouted 'wolf' with each and every new subsubsub variant. No wonder people do not listen anymore.

• Like 1

The world us moving on and Thailand must start to do the same. 

The media obsession with Covid and the way society has responded are now doing a lot more harm than the virus itself.

Now vaccines and treatments are available, time to move on and stop the incessant focus and fear. 

• Like 1

What is obvious is that the WHO has a budget just like all these universities worldwide whoses scientists became celebrities due to the pandemic and all these other experts who got some degree or fame from covid. If interests wane then so do budgets. . the next pandemic is always in the news so naturally they need more money as do the hungry vaccine producers.

If only for an unbiased opinion in the world but unfortunatley that isnt the human race. The average age of deaths and the need to have pre existing medical conditions to be affected seriously largely remains unchanged. 

If you want to keep pushing this, then please do it for over 65's thanks for you help and silly lockdowns WHO and governments listening to you

My own take is that people seem to be much more concerned about the economic damage that has been done by governments in response to covid, how it will be paid for, rampant world inflation and the hilt to their standard and cost  of living.  I think worries about covid come well after that. 

• Like 2