News Forum - Covid-19 is far from over cautions the World Health Organisation

Thaiger

Despite the world seemingly getting back to normal, the World Health Organisation is warning that the Covid-19 pandemic is far from finished. New surges in Covid-19 infections in Thailand and around the world are beginning to strain medical facilities and workers, but people are tired of safety measures and growing impatient, frustrating the head of the WHO. “The virus is running freely and countries are not effectively managing the disease burden based on their capacity. New waves of the virus demonstrate again that Covid-19 is nowhere near over. As the virus pushes at us, we must push back” Subvarients of […]

The story Covid-19 is far from over cautions the World Health Organisation as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Is there really a spike in cases in Thailand? The daily reported cases would suggest no. They’re going down while deaths have only just moved up a little. I haven’t had covid (though I’ve been exposed to it many times) and I don’t care if I get it as I’m healthy. I, like most just want to live my life like pre covid. 

• Like 4

How utterly surprising that WHO, the pre-eminent medical arm of the New World Order, is adding another chestnut to the woohoo phloo fire. After all, without another valid fear factor (monkeypox isn't making any real ripples) they have to keep pounding on this now tired, old drum. 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the world's media decided to ignore this old warhorse and focused entirely on other events around the world. I am sure there is something worth digging into out there, like Nancy Pelosi's latest botox treatment?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Of course it's not over and likely never will be. Just as the Spanish flu from 1920 brought us the endless annual reporting on flu deaths and the annual flu vaccine. COVID has taken it's place. We learn to live with it just as we did the flu. Protect yourself as you see necessary, but the fear can and should be dialed back. It's time. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Giltee said:

Is there really a spike in cases in Thailand? The daily reported cases would suggest no. They’re going down while deaths have only just moved up a little. I haven’t had covid (though I’ve been exposed to it many times) and I don’t care if I get it as I’m healthy. I, like most just want to live my life like pre covid. 

If you look at the (daily reported) number of cases as well as those of hospitalizations (both as reported by CCSA), you'll find that they're just about the same nowadays.

That's not because covid has evolved to the level that every case is severe enough to require hospitalization (it's the opposite instead!), but because almost no cases get confirmed (and hence counted) anymore. It's mostly only when a hospital performs a PCR-test (an entry criterion for admittance) that the daily case counter gets incremented.

Since current strains hardly lead to hospitalization anymore, the real number of cases is significantly larger than reported (at least x 10).

It's a bugger: it means that whenever some official or proclaimed expert says something, it's almost impossible to classify it as either a useful, real fact or a useless, suggestive PR-statement.

The (real) number of cases is probably indeed rising rapidly (if so, that's just something happening; I don't expect there'll be a notable problem as a result), but it's almost been made impossible to track that number reliably (which ticks me off).

They (The WHO) will find a new variant about a month prior to the US midterm elections so the Democrats can have mass mail in ballots again. 

• Like 1

I think the world is so tired of the WHO, the constant and incessant fear mongering, and the warnings. We just want to get on with our lives. 

Variant this and variant that. When will they admit fatalities are way down, and each variant is just getting weaker and more pathetic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

and each variant is just getting weaker and more pathetic?

"They" already have, that's wellknown info.

2 hours ago, dmacarelli said:

and each variant is just getting weaker and more pathetic?

That remains to be seen.

Personally, I don't find 'long Covid' nor the loss of the sense of smell or taste "pathetic".

Edited by astro