News Forum - Foreigners might be able to own land in Thailand, but there’s a few catches

Thaiger

21 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Two places I'm familiar with, Buriram and Prechuap, would both have farming land available at that price. 

Kind of irrelevant though as we now know they have to invest 40m. 

Can't see too many millionaires buying up tapioca fields in Buriram! 

😝😝😝

Ha ha, yes, I don't see them setting up residence amongst the rice and sugar cane plantations, getting smoked out each year in the burn offs lol. For a Nation that needs foreign currency and support with a huge chunk of it's population not covered by any welfare programs when they get old or are unemployed, they're certainly making it harder for men to want to come here and find a nice girl to settle down with etc. 

On 7/14/2022 at 2:23 PM, BIGGLES said:

40 million baht!

I wouldn't pay that for the whole country!

if I did, when do I  get crowned? 

That's  approximately 1million sterling, tied up for three years, I don't think so.

You think 1 million sterling is a lot? Let me guess, you get through the month with 30,000 THB?

18 hours ago, LWYRUP said:

You think 1 million sterling is a lot? Let me guess, you get through the month with 30,000 THB?

Just a ridiculous post

Yes 40mil baht is a lot and then to accize a guy of being poor because he rightfully says 40mil baht is a lot is just being  pompous 

And, investing 40mil baht in a country where banks work against you to get your money back when fraud occurs us simply foolish

As someone else pointed out.

There are much better and more safe countries, financially,  where you can actually get a passport investing that kind of money

You'd be a fool to do so in Thailand