News Forum - Philippines: Covid-19 infections spikes 39%, dengue jumps 90%

Thaiger

Newly-elected President Ferdinand Marcos Jr is facing a health crisis already as a dual spike in Covid-19 and dengue fever infections threaten the well-being of the Philippines. Covid-19 infections are steadily rising now, but concurrently, the country has seen a 90% spike in dengue fever infections. The amount of new Covid-19 infections has jumped 39% week over week with the week ending on July 10 reaching nearly 1,500 new patients each day on average. This is a significant jump for the Philippines where daily Covid-19 infection rates have not risen above 1,000 per day since early March. Luckily, the hospitalisation […]

The story Philippines: Covid-19 infections spikes 39%, dengue jumps 90% as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

It's not like the Marcos supporters were suppressing the reporting of cases during the election campaign or anything like that.... 🤣

I wonder how long it will take for him to lose his rag over bad publicity and impose martial law like his father and then declare himself president for life. The extra-judicial arrests of people speaking out against him started before the man was even sworn in. And his predecessor already got rid of most of the media that have democratic sympathies. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Ever get the feeling the planet is trying to get rid of the human population?

Not the planet, just the government(s) and media

• Like 1

Oh dear, a 39% spike. So cases went up to 1500, from 1100. More or less. In a country with over 100.000.000 inhabitants.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Can’t blame it, can we.  
It’s time.

I, for one, welcome our cockroach overlords. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Janneman said:

Oh dear, a 39% spike. So cases went up to 1500, from 1100. More or less. In a country with over 100.000.000 inhabitants.

If you believe the figures I have a bridge you may wish to purchase. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, palooka said:

Self destruction for human race

• Like 1

On 7/12/2022 at 7:07 PM, Tim_Melb said:

It's not like the Marcos supporters were suppressing the reporting of cases during the election campaign or anything like that.... 🤣

I wonder how long it will take for him to lose his rag over bad publicity and impose martial law like his father and then declare himself president for life. The extra-judicial arrests of people speaking out against him started before the man was even sworn in. And his predecessor already got rid of most of the media that have democratic sympathies. 

and the relevance of that to this thread is what ? 

23 hours ago, Janneman said:

As my old maths teacher told me, figures mean nothing, percentages mean everything.