News Forum - Football fans scramble for FREE Liverpool – Man U tickets in Bangkok

Thaiger

So many seats were available for tonight’s Liverpool vs. Man U match in Bangkok that Rajamangala Stadium announced via Facebook that they would hand out free tickets to “The Match” at 3:30pm today. Football fans who forked out up to 25,000 baht per ticket are furious. Both teams have huge fan bases in Thailand, so everyone expected that the the 59,000+ capacity Rajamangala Stadium would be packed out for the match, until they saw the ticket prices. Since April 2, tickets for the game – which kicks off at 8pm today – were available to buy via the TicketMajor website, […]

The story Football fans scramble for FREE Liverpool – Man U tickets in Bangkok as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 1

I'd be pissed if I paid 25,000 baht for a ticket and the people sitting next to me got in for free.

How to really stuff up anything, just ask Thailand.

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

Rajamangala Stadium announced via Facebook that they would hand out free tickets to “The Match” at 3:30pm today.

5,000 free tickets were nailed to entrance gates at 3:30pm, and by 4:00pm they'd all gone.
Nails are very handy and commonly used in Thailand.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BigHewer said:

Ridiculous. Talk about overshooting the market. Wouldn’t the priority just be filling the stadium? Silly pricing.

I'd imagine it costs heaps to get the teams to play there..............so I guess whatever promoter organized it was trying to make a profit

It seems that the prices in Perth Australia are much more reasonable.

$49.00 AUD - $229 AUD.

There are some areas in Optus Stadium already sold out so I don't know what prices were in these seats.

6 hours ago, Marc26 said:

I'd imagine it costs heaps to get the teams to play there..............so I guess whatever promoter organized it was trying to make a profit

Most certainly. Without seeing the balance sheets, I suspect the issue is in how much profit the promoters were going for.

15 hours ago, palooka said:

I'd be pissed if I paid 25,000 baht for a ticket and the people sitting next to me got in for free.

How to really stuff up anything, just ask Thailand.

Who can afford 25,000 bth for a single football game in Thailand? Yeah we all know, and I do not feel sorry for them at all. I hope that all free tickets were taken by people who do not even earn that amount of money monthly and that the greedy organisers learned a lesson.

• Like 1