News Forum - Taxi driver punches woman after she requests driver to go faster

Thaiger

A Bangkok taxi driver is wanted for assault after he punched a female passenger in the face after she requested the driver to speed up a little bit. The Facebook page, อยากดังเดี๋ยวจัดให้ รีเทริน์, Let Me Know If You Want to Be Famous Return Part 3, posted a video of the male taxi driver attacking his female passenger who recorded the incident. In the video, the driver shouted, “Why do you have to take pictures, huh? Kick my car for what!?” The video’s caption said, “What is the reason for using violence? The 37 year old victim, Wiyada Apichasiwakorn, told a […]

The story Taxi driver punches woman after she requests driver to go faster as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

54 minutes ago, WilliamG said:

So she videoed herself telling the driver to go faster, and kept it running for the punch. Sad woman.

Huh?  I say sad you ! It seems the  RTP know him which indicates he has a  reputation. If that reputation is  negative  he should be barred from  driving a taxi! "Kept it running for the punch"  ? Ok, masochist  gets taxi driver to  punch  her ! ?

• Like 2

Does he even have a license to drive a Taxi  if "known" to RTP ? Or have they dropped the ball again.

Should he even be behind the wheel if 30 kph is his max speed? Vision problems? Anxiety? whatever?

• Like 2

His words "Kick my car for what?" make me think that she could start kicking his car before he punched her.

It would explain his actions to some degree though not justify it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Smiler said:

Disgusting behavior punching a woman can never be justified 

But "What is a Woman"?. I am an old bugger and agree that hitting a woman is bad, But i get a bit cranky when people say that men can be women.

7 hours ago, Smiler said:

Tough woman I'm provoked hits you with the beer bottle in a bar because she's drunk that does not warrant a punch to the face? 

If a woman put your pet dog in a microwave for 5 minutes you don't think that would be okay to punch her in the face? 

Come on man there are thousands of scenarios where it would be justified.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, BangkokBruce said:

If a woman put your pet dog in a microwave for 5 minutes you don't think that would be okay to punch her in the face? 

Depends on whether she seasoned it well.

• Haha 2

I look daily at the news, almost daily bangkok, pattaya in the news so many violence, big difference in the north. Attitude of thais in tourist places is mainly caused because of bad behaving foreigners and the government that Lea them to give squad about us

• Like 1

15 hours ago, WilliamG said:

So she videoed herself telling the driver to go faster, and kept it running for the punch. Sad woman.

After so much bad press about the aggression from taxi drivers here, if I was forced to use a cab, I'd be videoing it too!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some BKK taxi drivers have short tempers. But if you were driving a taxi in BKK maybe you would too. And sticking a videotaping phone in his face didn't help either.

But to solve the problem of random violence you have to enforce the law and apply the (real) charges, not what the local police station finds convenient. "Acknowledging the assault, saying sorry 3 times, and offering the passenger a free ride" (at 30 km/hr presumably), doesn't cut it.

• Like 1

I'm genuinely curious as to why would anyone ever hire a taxi anywhere in the world since at least 2016.. I was in Tanzania recently and it's way less developed than Thailand but even they got car pulling apps.. account linked to car plate and can alert the police in one second.. based on ratings so if they treat you badly they get no more business.. 

Why not go back to using a pager or send telegraphs while we're at it ? 

The only reason I could imagine is if your phone's dead but even then I'd avoid traditional cabs

9 hours ago, BangkokBruce said:

Tough woman I'm provoked hits you with the beer bottle in a bar because she's drunk that does not warrant a punch to the face? 

Sounds like you have punched a few women in the past yourself

On 7/12/2022 at 7:03 PM, Smiler said:

Clearly never met my ex ! 

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

After so much bad press about the aggression from taxi drivers here, if I was forced to use a cab, I'd be videoing it too!

How many taxi journeys versus incidents ? 1 to 50,000,000 ??? 

Don’t let paranoia live rent free inside your head 

9 hours ago, Liamsiam said:

The only reason I could imagine is if your phone's dead but even then I'd avoid traditional cabs

Try that in Phuket (for example)

18 hours ago, BangkokBruce said:

And we won't discriminate by gender any longer. They deserve the same, a man would get in the same situation. Isn't it that what we got taught, in the past 20+ years? Once it is learned, ....