News Forum - Mother arrested after forcing 9 year old daughter into prostitution

Thaiger

A mother was arrested yesterday for forcing her 9 year old daughter into prostitution. The 26 year old woman, Chantra, was arrested after she posted sexy pictures of herself on Facebook, adding she had a child sex video and underage sex photos for sale. The post soon went viral on social media resulting in members of the public contacting police. Police, and officers from the Ministry of Social Development and Human Security, immediately swooped and raided the mother of two’s home in Sara Buri province in central Thailand. Chantra confessed a man contacted her via Facebook in April last year […]

The story Mother arrested after forcing 9 year old daughter into prostitution as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Angry 1

Something not 100% with this story.

She claims she did it as she needed the money (for what?), her partner says he has work and can take care of the 2 little girls if the mother goes to prison. So they have money.

Think there may be a gambling debt (?) that the partner was not aware of.

She should rot in prison, she betrayed the expected trust of a mother.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, palooka said:

She claims she did it as she needed the money (for what?), her partner says he has work and can take care of the 2 little girls if the mother goes to prison. So they have money.

Is it me or does it appear some Thais can really throw the Kwai $$hit!

If your right than imop why can’t they just confess to it!

A Sick individual  that puts her daughter in that position!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, palooka said:

Or she could have been abused herself when she was a child,no excuse but may help to explain.Abuse follows abuse.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Thaiger said:

He didn’t think anything unusual was taking place and said his stepdaughter didn’t show any signs of distress after the event.

Either 

• The child really wasn't distressed (hard to imagine; it would have to be just another day at work, or nothing even remotely invasive happened), 
  • She has some severe emotional detachment disorder preventing her from expressing emotions like distress, or
  • The father is afflicted with some form of alexithymia.

None of those reasons pop up as very likely (given the context of the article), so the truth of the quoted part is dubious. Of course, I may have missed some completely logical reason, but there seems to be sufficient cause to investigate deeper before the father is given custody by default.

1 hour ago, yselmike said:

Or she could have been abused herself when she was a child,no excuse but may help to explain.Abuse follows abuse.

Think a half way decent human being would bend over backwards to ensure the injustices done to them would not befall their own children.

Maybe that is just my interpretation of life.  Been told my interpretation isn't the best but I sleep at night.

• Thanks 1

Being a father of 2 daughters myself, I consider a 9 year old girl as still a baby.

This is rape of an innocent child and should be regarded as such, also taking into account a 9 year old girl is not not fully developed and this type of abuse can cause internal injuries for the child.

A life sentence for all those involved is befitting in this case.