News Forum - BA.4 & BA.5 in Bangkok “will spread to the provinces” – Department of Medical Sciences

Thaiger

Thailand’s Department of Medical Sciences has issued a report about the spread of BA.4 and BA.5 Omicron sub-variants, saying that most of the detected cases have so far been in Bangkok but are expected to spread out the other 76 provinces. The director-general of the Department of Medical Sciences, Dr Supakit Sirilak, says that the two sub-variants – BA.4 and BA.5 – have been confirmed in 75% of the infected arrivals. In Bangkok testing, 72% of cases were the two latest sub-variants, in the provinces it was only 34.7% of cases at the moment. Speaking about the possibilities of the […]

The story BA.4 & BA.5 in Bangkok “will spread to the provinces” – Department of Medical Sciences as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

Oh noooo😱😨😱😨😱 It will spread again!!!! Let's all lock ourselves in our home again, wear 20 face masks and get vaccinated as soon as possible!!!! 

Breaking news.... Nobody gives a fck anymore no matter what they suggest.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DiJoDavO said:

Oh noooo😱😨😱😨😱 It will spread again!!!! Let's all lock ourselves in our home again, wear 20 face masks and get vaccinated as soon as possible!!!! 

Breaking news.... Nobody gives a fck anymore no matter what they suggest.

You are a complete a$$hole man.  People with comorbidities do care.  And no - there were no lockdowns in Thailand.  No one was locking themselves in their homes.  Many businesses had to "shutdown" but those were mostly related to tourism. 

I have lived here in Thailand for last 4 years and go out every day and walk, pick up food to take home (during shutdown) and wear a masks indoor still.  50 face masks cost less than one beer in Thailand BTW

The millennial's are the ones who are complaining and not following the rules, yet they are younger and for some reason think wearing a mask is too much trouble for them. (big baby syndrome I call it)

We boomers have to protect ourselves because we have comorbidities.  

Be a humanitarian and follow the rules and quit your belly aching

• Like 4

Why the big fuss about these variants and sub-variants. These are the tactics of pharma companies to boost their business. All these are part of normal life now. Just accept it and move on with life stress free. No one is going to live forever. Eventually one day every one has to go. It is a one way ticket. So why spoil our beautiful life in a stressful manner. Just forget it and enjoy every day.......for no one knows if he/she wakes up next morning

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

You are a complete a$$hole man.  People with comorbidities do care.  And no - there were no lockdowns in Thailand.  No one was locking themselves in their homes.  Many businesses had to "shutdown" but those were mostly related to tourism. 

I have lived here in Thailand for last 4 years and go out every day and walk, pick up food to take home (during shutdown) and wear a masks indoor still.  50 face masks cost less than one beer in Thailand BTW

The millennial's are the ones who are complaining and not following the rules, yet they are younger and for some reason think wearing a mask is too much trouble for them. (big baby syndrome I call it)

I am sorry but I have underlying issues and to be honest I speak to many thai people they tired of the news like that and that includes myself, that makes me an ass hole too? And wearing a mask at your home is ridiculous in my opinion, I understand mayor cities is more dangerous but where I live a few cases already for 7 months there are bars here where employees do not wear at all a mask, neither the customers. People tired of getting this news all the time, many stop reading it, and that is the opinion of at least 20 thai people I talked with. They want to move on. I went to discos etc.. and live normal life, mask does not belong to life. And in my opinion it helps squad

Edited by ronnie666
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Why is it that when we have any mention of Covid, masks etc we have a lot of people bellyaching about it?

Do they have Munchausens Syndrome, or possibly just masochistic tendancies.  

Any repetitive subject I don't want to discuss I just page down to the next subject. End of.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, ronnie666 said:

I am sorry but I have underlying issues and to be honest I speak to many thai people they tired of the news like that and that includes myself, that makes me an ass hole too? And wearing a mask at your home is ridiculous in my opinion, I understand mayor cities is more dangerous but where I live a few cases already for 7 months there are bars here where employees do not wear at all a mask, neither the customers. People tired of getting this news all the time, many stop reading it, and that is the opinion of at least 20 thai people I talked with. They want to move on. I went to discos etc.. and live normal life, mask does not belong to life. And in my opinion it helps squad

This is a considered approach. If people want to try to avoid the virus, then there’s steps THEY can take—wearing a mask, not going out, vaccines, etc. if they so chose.  The idea that I’m killing Grandma by not wearing a mask has always been ludicrous. 

What is more important is what you do when you do catch the virus—which even for the risk averse will happen someday. 

Take the highest quality antiviral you can find. I still see nothing from Thai public health promoting these medications. Is it because they have failed to acquire enough?  I haven’t checked the hospital but I’m sure private hospitals have them in stock Pfizer and Merck—would you prefer to save 10,000 baht or your life? 

interested to know if anyone has actually gotten the medication p’nut had no problem getting his hands on? 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JJJ said:

This is a considered approach. If people want to try to avoid the virus, then there’s steps THEY can take—wearing a mask, not going out, vaccines, etc. if they so chose.  The idea that I’m killing Grandma by not wearing a mask has always been ludicrous. 

What is more important is what you do when you do catch the virus—which even for the risk averse will happen someday. 

Take the highest quality antiviral you can find. I still see nothing from Thai public health promoting these medications. Is it because they have failed to acquire enough?  I haven’t checked the hospital but I’m sure private hospitals have them in stock Pfizer and Merck—would you prefer to save 10,000 baht or your life? 

interested to know if anyone has actually gotten the medication p’nut had no problem getting his hands on? 

Good question!
Never heard of it until Pnuts case was mentioned! Your right about not much news from govt sources on antivirals.

I went to the govt hospital up here and they were handing out Favipiravir ( antiviral made in Japan) reported cost 800 bht. His antiviral cost was 10k bht.

My wife says this is standard for everyone that goes to a govt hospital and its free.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I'm only saying with this post that the news shouldn't cry wolf again and again. Next time sth way worse shows up, no one will give a fck about it... And then it's too late. 

If with every news article we have to keep panicking.... Well, good luck with the rest of your life then, because the news wouldn't let this one go forever apparently. 😂

33 minutes ago, DiJoDavO said:

I'm only saying with this post that the news shouldn't cry wolf again and again. Next time sth way worse shows up, no one will give a fck about it... And then it's too late. 

If with every news article we have to keep panicking.... Well, good luck with the rest of your life then, because the news wouldn't let this one go forever apparently. 😂

Next time???  The world is still dealing with the same virus - Covid 19

No one is panicking that I know of.  I am just trying to explain that people should respect and care about others when on an elevator or in a crowded market and wear a mask and social distance, and don't cough or sneeze without covering your damn mouth and nose

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/rise-in-holiday-travel-matches-rise-in-severe-covid-19-infections

Edited by ExpatPattaya
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

I am a boomer, I have a heart condition and I refuse to follow the party line that this is the most deadly plandemic[sic] to strike modern society.

I have also refused all vaccinations, regardless of the bleating of the professionally bleating and so far have not been struck down by virus, lightning or god and continue to laugh at seeing single drivers in vehicles masked up. Just lucky I guess

9 hours ago, palooka said:

Why is it that when we have any mention of Covid, masks etc we have a lot of people bellyaching about it?

Do they have Munchausens Syndrome, or possibly just masochistic tendancies.  

Any repetitive subject I don't want to discuss I just page down to the next subject. End of.

But you still commented here though.....😆😆😆

3 hours ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Next time???  The world is still dealing with the same virus - Covid 19

No one is panicking that I know of.  I am just trying to explain that people should respect and care about others when on an elevator or in a crowded market and wear a mask and social distance, and don't cough or sneeze without covering your damn mouth and nose

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/rise-in-holiday-travel-matches-rise-in-severe-covid-19-infections

Nope. Not wearing one. Only time will be at Soyouwannaboomboom on Friday and it's coming off@takeoff.

The rest of the plane will do the same. 

Had a very pleasant time maskless in Thailand. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Viggen840 said:

I am a boomer, I have a heart condition and I refuse to follow the party line that this is the most deadly plandemic[sic] to strike modern society.

I have also refused all vaccinations, regardless of the bleating of the professionally bleating and so far have not been struck down by virus, lightning or god and continue to laugh at seeing single drivers in vehicles masked up. Just lucky I guess

And children riding motorbikes with no helmet, but have to have that mask..😆😆😆

Ridiculous.

11 minutes ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

But you still commented here though.....😆😆😆

Yes I don't have a problem with this particular subject topic.😆

Some others I bypass. 

• Like 1

BA.4 & BA.5 in Bangkok “will spread to the provinces” 

Thank you Dr Obvious. 🙄

Edited by Venusianhart

12 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

it's coming off@takeoff.

The rest of the plane will do the same. 

? Many international airlines still require masks on - board.  Curious which airline you are flying on that does not require masks .  

Doubt more than 40% of people will take off their masks on-board the flight

Edited by ExpatPattaya

40 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

? Many international airlines still require masks on - board.  Curious which airline you are flying on that does not require masks .  

Doubt more than 40% of people will take off their masks on-board the flight

Will be flying Gulf to KSA via Bahrain. 

It is not required on the plane, it is not required in the airport in Bahrain or KSA.

No one GAF in fact. 

I'll happily upload a picture after making it back to remind folks in the coconut shell what normal travel looks like. 

On 7/11/2022 at 10:04 PM, Ramanathan.P said:

Why the big fuss about these variants and sub-variants. These are the tactics of pharma companies to boost their business. All these are part of normal life now. Just accept it and move on with life stress free. No one is going to live forever. Eventually one day every one has to go. It is a one way ticket. So why spoil our beautiful life in a stressful manner. Just forget it and enjoy every day.......for no one knows if he/she wakes up next morning

How does this boost  the pharma company business?  Pharmaceutical companies are not profiting from the  variants. On the contrary, it prevents the development of a common effective treatment.  There really isn't an effective treatment for Covid 19 is there? The treatments that are  available are case specific and subject to dispensing within a set period of time. Most patients will not qualify.  Your position is fine for someone without much to live for. Many of us value our lives and do wish to live as long as long as possible in a  state of well being. 

The variants  are a concern because they are causing more serious illness in the unvaccinated including those who do not have a booster. The existing vaccines are not specific for the variants and so the concern is that there may be a significant impact upon the health care system.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Will be flying Gulf to KSA via Bahrain. 

It is not required on the plane, it is not required in the airport in Bahrain or KSA.

No one GAF in fact. 

Gulf Air, interestingly on Facebook there are many negative reviews.   To each their own

Gulf air does not GAF about their passengers comfort, meals, or even requests for water according to reviews, so why would they care about masks or spreading diseases!  5555     

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=gulf air

49 minutes ago, ExpatPattaya said:

Gulf Air, interestingly on Facebook there are many negative reviews.   To each their own

Gulf air does not GAF about their passengers comfort, meals, or even requests for water according to reviews, so why would they care about masks or spreading diseases!  5555     

https://www.facebook.com/search/top?q=gulf air

Was that it? 

You ask what airline I'm flying with just to spend your day finding some negative reviews of that airline. 

You need to get out more. Surely there must be something better to do in Pattaya! 😆😆😆😆

Anyways, I've got my reasons for flying with Gulf, none of which I have to explain to random strangers on t'internet, and none of which take away from the fact that I won't be wearing a mask on that plane..

Enjoy your fun times in Pattaya!!