News Forum - Indian man arrested tearing out passport pages to hide Thai trip

Thaiger

We all have secrets from our past, and some may go to great lengths to hide them, especially from their family or their mates. But a man in Pune, India reportedly went a little too far when he was arrested for tearing out pages from his passport before getting married to hide his trips to Thailand from his wife. The man was arrested on Thursday at Mumbai International Airport in India while trying to board a flight to the Maldives. Officials at the airport noticed that pages were missing from his passport, appearing to have been torn out. The man’s […]

The story Indian man arrested tearing out passport pages to hide Thai trip as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Thaiger said:

Some advice: if you’re trying to cover up your wild trip to Thailand from your spouse, maybe just get a new passport?

Any particular reason why you shouldn't tell your wife that you've been to Thailand?

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Any particular reason why you shouldn't tell your wife that you've been to Thailand?

Maybe no good pictures of beaches and shopping he could show to back up it was an honest clean trip?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, HolyCowCm said:

Maybe no good pictures of beaches and shopping he could show to back up it was an honest clean trip?

Mir likely a photo from the police station when he reported a "lady" huged him stole his goldchain.

• Haha 4

There are some countries where you cannot enter with a visa of certain other countries. Like you wont get into Saudi Arabia if you have an Israeli visa in your passport. Vice-versa dunno. But even then, tearing out pages to hide those visits is not a good idea. Better get a new one. Just 'losing' the passport works too, if you make sure it burns completely 😀

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Perhaps be did meet her there? So she was knowing ....

Skilled use of a razor-sharp Stanley Knife can remove passport pages at root in emergency but it’s a crime easily spotted if not perfectly executed so not wise.
One way around this is to hold a 2nd passport.

Whenever my married buddies ask about coming with me to Thailand on my next trip. I always tell you might as well hire a divorce attorney now because you won’t be coming back married. 

11 hours ago, Janneman said:

There are some countries where you cannot enter with a visa of certain other countries. Like you wont get into Saudi Arabia if you have an Israeli visa in your passport. Vice-versa dunno. But even then, tearing out pages to hide those visits is not a good idea. Better get a new one. Just 'losing' the passport works too, if you make sure it burns completely 😀

Exactly the case. Same when I go to Cuba, they actually ask you if you want your passport stamped or not at their immigration. If I try to show up back in the US with stamps from Cuba, It can cause issues.

8 hours ago, oldschooler said:

Skilled use of a razor-sharp Stanley Knife can remove passport pages at root in emergency but it’s a crime easily spotted if not perfectly executed so not wise.

Another good point, Most countries allow 2 passports ( US Included as I have 2) You have to just apply for a second one with a letter stating that you travel a lot internationally and sometimes your passport is tied up waiting for a visa to get put in it at one consulate, while you need to travel. Once you have 2 it's easy to keep them going. Granted I have to pay to renew a passport every 5 years instead of every 10 because I hold 2, but still cheaper than a divorce.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, oldschooler said:

that does not work, this guy might have done similarly, however out of 32 pages, if 4 pages are missing, the immigration will identify quickly as the passport would look thin !

14 minutes ago, kalyan said:

that does not work, this guy might have done similarly, however out of 32 pages, if 4 pages are missing, the immigration will identify quickly as the passport would look thin !

The pages are numbered, so it is easy to spot anyway

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kalyan said:

Was thinking one particular page. Yes four in one part of passport is just silly as easily spotted. I only read the headlines here which are often misleading! 

4 hours ago, L-Dogg said:

Another good point, Most countries allow 2 passports ( US Included as I have 2) You have to just apply for a second one with a letter stating that you travel a lot internationally and sometimes your passport is tied up waiting for a visa to get put in it at one consulate, while you need to travel. Once you have 2 it's easy to keep them going. Granted I have to pay to renew a passport every 5 years instead of every 10 because I hold 2, but still cheaper than a divorce.

Exactly. I hold two UK Passports since working in Nigeria on that basis. Renew both at same time for convenience. Came in useful to travel from within EU before Brexit back to UK on 2nd passport ( never normally used) to replace stolen 1st passport by same day interview at UK Passport Office. EU/UK don’t stamp same passports just check electronically. 

23 hours ago, DoUKnowWhoIAm said:

Try to read again, maybe you will understand

No accounting for stupid, If I were his wife I would get shot of him quick not for his undoubted indiscretions in Thailand but for being too thick not to just get a new passport.

• Haha 1

On 7/10/2022 at 11:35 AM, Janneman said:

When I was in Israel and crossing into Jordan I had to agree to have an attachment put in my passport that essentially said I hated everything Israeli (I definitely don't) and I agree that it should be wiped from the earth (or they wouldn't let me in) - when I came back if I was found by the Israeli authorities to have that in my passport they would refuse me entry and to sod off back to Jordan so had to make damn sure I ripped it out before customs  ! 

Children !