News Forum - Nearly 1 million people approved to grow cannabis already

Thaiger

If you have been wondering what the fuss is about over the decriminalization of cannabis in Thailand, you probably aren’t one of the nearly 1 million people who have now been issued a certificate to grow the plant. The Food and Drug Administration announced that as part of its Plook Ganja mobile app program, over 980,000 people have now registered for the right to grow marijuana plants. The FDA reported Saturday morning that since the legalisation of cannabis and hemp last month on June 9, and the launch of the Plook Ganja mobile app that allows people to register online, […]

The story Nearly 1 million people approved to grow cannabis already as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

• Like 1

Nearly 1 million approved to grow marijuna on their land. This list is no doubt going to grow and grow and grow. Eventually, the market for this crop will be totally saturated and there will probably be very little profit. Low prices will increase recreational use so everyone, including early stage adolescents, will be able to buy this easily on the school playgrounds or where ever kids like to play. This will likely cause more problems than it is worth. It will probably end up being heavily regulated again.

• Angry 1

13 minutes ago, Richard10365 said:

Nearly 1 million approved to grow marijuna on their land. This list is no doubt going to grow and grow and grow. Eventually, the market for this crop will be totally saturated and there will probably be very little profit. Low prices will increase recreational use so everyone, including early stage adolescents, will be able to buy this easily on the school playgrounds or where ever kids like to play. This will likely cause more problems than it is worth. It will probably end up being heavily regulated again.

Do UK people ever look at legalized US states or Canada where proliferation and growing has been going on for the better part of 10 years before they spout ? Children will be fine and Cannabis cultivation is not something that is life destroying.ies

Cannabis tax in many communities even goes directly to governmental education initiatives and youth services, much to the delight of underfunded schools etc

Edited by RedBirdy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Current rates, heard from a friend...😝😝 for regular Thai weed on the black market are about 1200 baht for 100 grams..

500 a gram of the good stuff in the shops etc. 

Grow your own for free..

My son already registered and the plants are growing well. 🤗🤗

• Like 1
  • Cool 3

1 hour ago, TheDirtyDurian said:

Current rates, heard from a friend...😝😝 for regular Thai weed on the black market are about 1200 baht for 100 grams..

500 a gram of the good stuff in the shops etc. 

Grow your own for free..

My son already registered and the plants are growing well. 🤗🤗

Hope that works out for him, though growing weed is very boring and the waiting for bud to appear will likely make people look for other sources

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ThaiEyes said:

Hope that works out for him, though growing weed is very boring and the waiting for bud to appear will likely make people look for other sources

It's just a hobby really, but I'm glad he's taking an interest in something..

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

As a youth I was told weed was a "gateway" drug.

Now the government promotes it for pain and mental issues.

Another example of government having no clue what is best for us.

• Like 1

Do you believe  or expect that "government " knows everything  ?

Science and knowledge evolves over time. Adaptation is the key to survival.

You can figure out what is best for your own survival in the world while giving consideration to others. no?

10 minutes ago, Naanlaew said:

Do you believe  or expect that "government " knows everything  ?

Science and knowledge evolves over time. Adaptation is the key to survival.

You can figure out what is best for your own survival in the world while giving consideration to others. no?

Totally agree BUT that same science and knowledge did not applied to the most worst drug "alcohol",

Cannabis were widely available in all drug stores as a medicine and health supplement before the pharmaceutical mafia stepped in and banned it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

This psychiatrist has some interesting insights on the damage that weed causes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6312155/

Now that it's so accessible, the young are particularly vulnerable:

Marijuana use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis, and suicidal ideation.

I think that Thailand has lost its mind in becoming the latest place to fall victim to the  slick Big Dope lobby. Anutin certainly doesn't have people's best interests at heart. 

• Angry 1

31 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

TMarijuana use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis, and suicidal ideation.

From personal experience I have to disagree with you. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Grumpish said:

From personal experience I have to disagree with you. 

I've also got personal experience. I'm fine now, but glad I gave it up. Others, it seems, aren't lucky and become mentally ill.

16 hours ago, Richard10365 said:

BS

43 minutes ago, dbrenn said:

I've also got personal experience. I'm fine now, but glad I gave it up. Others, it seems, aren't lucky and become mentally ill.

Smoking seems to cause some issues over a long period of time but recoverable, decarb half the dose and mix t with worm drinks, much healthier, last longer with no side effects, very intense and different, it worked perfect for me that way,

I believe it is not the flowers from heaven that cause the health issues, avoid buying as much as possible, lots of synthetic fertilizer, poisonous pesticide/fungicide, one will never know what chemicals involved, go organic, grow your own, Enjoy.

1 hour ago, dbrenn said:

This psychiatrist has some interesting insights on the damage that weed causes.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6312155/

Now that it's so accessible, the young are particularly vulnerable:

Marijuana use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis, and suicidal ideation.

I think that Thailand has lost its mind in becoming the latest place to fall victim to the  slick Big Dope lobby. Anutin certainly doesn't have people's best interests at heart. 

"Marijuana use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis, and suicidal ideation."

Alcohol use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis and suicidal tendency's....+ ( domestic) violence, road deaths, robbery, homelessness, marriage (partnership) breakdowns gun use and many many other nasty things, but you don't hear the government (to much money involved being made by governments) or armchair experts saying anything about making alcohol a prohibited drug.

Do as I say, not as I do attitude    

58 minutes ago, Boomer said:

"Marijuana use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis, and suicidal ideation."

Alcohol use is also correlated with creating or worsening many mental health problems including anxiety, depression, psychosis and suicidal tendency's....+ ( domestic) violence, road deaths, robbery, homelessness, marriage (partnership) breakdowns gun use and many many other nasty things, but you don't hear the government (to much money involved being made by governments) or armchair experts saying anything about making alcohol a prohibited drug.

Do as I say, not as I do attitude    

Moderation, education etc is key. Have a few pints, a few joints, don't go overboard, everyone is fine. A mars bar doesn't make you fat but a diet of 40 a day will.

Edited by Scribble
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Scribble said:

Moderation, education etc is key. Have a few pints, a few joints, don't go overboard, everyone is fine. A mars bar doesn't make you fat but a diet of 40 a day will.

Quite right bud. I was just quoting (part of) another post.

• Like 1

Interesting comments.  This topic often brings out polarized opinions, drowning out the nuance of the sensible middle ground.  Nice to hear people acknowledging weed's favorable qualities when used responsibly in moderation, while also acknowledging the draw backs. 

Alcohol is often brought up as a comparison but I consider that a What Aboutism deflection.    Weed is weed.  It's not manna from heaven, or pure evilness from the Devil himself. 

Decriminalizing it is a reasonable act, then tax and regulate it, like other things, which isn't perfect and doesn't stop abuse, but clearly neither did/does The War on Drugs approach.  It'll be a hot trend for a while, then recede, replaced by a new, temporary fad.

• Like 3

If you’re in a country where weed is ilegal, avoid it like the plague. If you’re in Thailand where now it’s legal… 

… Keep in mind that: 

1. There has yet to be an autopsy citing the cause of death as “marihuana overdose”, it simply hasn’t happened and experts agree the chance of overdosing on marihuana is very low. 

2. Addiction does occur, but the percentage of people getting addicted to weed is much lesser than that of people getting addicted to other drugs such as alcohol, cocaine, meth, etc…

So the bottom line is, it’s okay to have a drink from time to time, and now in Thailand it’s ok to smoke weed from time to time (better eat the weed in a cake or something, as smoking causes cancer).

Just don’t overdo it, and you will be fine. 

In the past, whenever I had to very abruptly change my sleep schedule (think suddenly going 6 hours earlier to bed so I could wake up earlier the next day), I’d just take a Zolpidem to fall asleep. Now I just eat a weed cake for the same effect. 

Zolpidem, dangerous and addictive drug made artificially in a lab. Weed, natural substance with not as many side effects. 

im no expert but I believe weed is less worse than Zolpidem. And it produces the same effect on me.

On 7/9/2022 at 5:29 AM, ThaiEyes said:

You can go from a 6 inch clone to buds in about 3 months.  Not very long.  It's not called 'weed' for nothing.

Edited by samiam123

On 7/10/2022 at 11:33 AM, Scribble said:

Agree 100%, I used to smoke cannabis when I was young but stopped many years ago as it didn't line up with my chosen profession, I like to have a drink and have overindulged on occasion but it is all about moderation and education.

Everyone to their own, but people taking part in this discussion must acknowledge the damage that the legal drugs i.e. alcohol, cigarettes & pharmaceuticals do before jumping on the cannabis gateway drug bandwagon.

9 hours ago, samiam123 said:

You can go from a 6 inch clone to buds in about 3 months.  Not very long.  It's not called 'weed' for nothing.

I have some experience in that and I agree, but that wasn’t my point. Once the market gets flooded and prices get cheaper, it will just be easier to buy rather than wait. It only takes 3 months to mash some alcohol and distill it, but much quicker and easier to go to 7 and pick up 😉

9 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

I have some experience in that and I agree, but that wasn’t my point. Once the market gets flooded and prices get cheaper, it will just be easier to buy rather than wait. It only takes 3 months to mash some alcohol and distill it, but much quicker and easier to go to 7 and pick up 😉

Why not do both?

Edited by samiam123

16 hours ago, ThaiEyes said:

3 months?!

You obviously have not spent much time in the Middle East my friend!!

😆😆😆