News Forum - Bangkok chief answers residents’ call after rats as big as cats take over

Thaiger

Bangkok Governor Chadchart Sittipunt answered a call by residents in the Din Daeng district after their community became infested with rats. The problem became public knowledge after a woman posted a video on her TikTok account, panadda010, featuring hundreds of rats running around the community area. The woman said, “They will climb over me very soon. I’m still in shock.” After the video went viral several media outlets visited Din Daeng Flats to investigate and interview residents. One female resident said rats and pigeons have been a big problem for a long time but didn’t expect the place to be […]

The story Bangkok chief answers residents’ call after rats as big as cats take over as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

I've seen a rat as big as a kitten - I was eating in a night market and looked across and this behemoth rat was sniffing the toes of this hiso looking girl.

I instinctively thought the moment she feels that she is going to go mental, but it kept sniffing and sniffing with no impact whilst I was willing it just to nuzzle a bit harder for the fun to start. But my Mrs intervened and wanted to know why I kept looking at her. Then her boyfriend wanted to know why so I left it. But to this day if she had seen this monolithic rat 0.5mm from her painted toes the scream would have been heard in Paris!

Biggest bastard I've ever seen !

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Put a bounty on them and they'll quickly drop in numbers.

That's an unwise move, as it will trigger people to set up rat breeding farms.

(even on a small scale; just consider thoughts like "let's withhold that male-female pair so there'll be compound interest on their bounties").

5 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

(even on a small scale; just consider thoughts like "let's withhold that male-female pair so there'll be compound interest on their bounties").

I don’t know the breeding cycle of rats but a 1 month only bounty system? Stop the farms and people will stop cooking them to cash them in. 

1 hour ago, palooka said:

Put a bounty on them and they'll quickly drop in numbers.

Refine the answer on how to do it to and you have my vote. The need to tag and bag and to differentiate that they are actualy resident rats there is the tough problem. Dies sprayed? One thing is you can never get rid of all of them, and poisonign them is goiing to create hel* in the food chain with lot of other local species dead.

How about chain hundreds of monitor lizards there that have a radius to run. They can eat and eat and eat. Or place glue around all the areas so they get stuck? Then we just hit them on the heads and feed them to the fish. 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Chatogaster said:

Unfortunately you are corrrect on your first line. I think the situation is already at an out of control level. Once they reach this point it is virtually near impossibible to get rid of them all. Rats are damn smart brutal gross mamals.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Fanta said:

I don’t know the breeding cycle of rats but a 1 month only bounty system? Stop the farms and people will stop cooking them to cash them in. 

Think there is a difference to the ones they eat (mickey mouse) and these pests. Mickey Mouse is a bush, rice paddy rat, these are the nasty version they find in cities and markets that are disease ridden and full of fleas, the fleas can be the biggest problem.

Tried Mickey Mouse but the mind won in the end and no longer partake.

• Like 1
  • Cool 1

The old woman insisted she wasn’t the cause of the increasing number of rats in the community.

Thai Logic 101.  She admits to feeding them and also confirms they just come OUT to EAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, Benroon said:

I've seen a rat as big as a kitten - I was eating in a night market and looked across and this behemoth rat was sniffing the toes of this hiso looking girl.

I instinctively thought the moment she feels that she is going to go mental, but it kept sniffing and sniffing with no impact whilst I was willing it just to nuzzle a bit harder for the fun to start. But my Mrs intervened and wanted to know why I kept looking at her. Then her boyfriend wanted to know why so I left it. But to this day if she had seen this monolithic rat 0.5mm from her painted toes the scream would have been heard in Paris!

The Hiso girl would have wanted money from the rat for its toe fetish.......thainess 101

4 hours ago, palooka said:

Think there is a difference to the ones they eat (mickey mouse) and these pests. Mickey Mouse is a bush, rice paddy rat, these are the nasty version they find in cities and markets that are disease ridden and full of fleas, the fleas can be the biggest problem.

Tried Mickey Mouse but the mind won in the end and no longer partake.

Yeah, I have eaten Thailand rice field rats and Vietnam rice field rats, and couldn't tell the difference except one was in a village in Thailand, and the other was way outside of the major city in Vietnamand  was cooked and served from a hut style VN resturant over looking rice fields. That was a business trip and the lunch time with their group. They happen to be one ofth largest tapiocca and rice flour producers there. Was fun and the rats were a tad better than the Thailand village. No way I would or will touch a city or town rat on any menu and eat it. Yuck!

• Like 2

On 7/8/2022 at 5:38 PM, Benroon said:

Kittens are not big.  Perhaps it was a big mouse?   555

"The reporter asked how she felt now officers have rid the community of the rats. The woman said, 'I don’t feel anything. It’s their karmas.' ”

ROTFLMAO.