News Forum - “Thailand should be a luxury and premier holiday destination” – Deputy PM

Thaiger

8 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Not if the gals are muslim and the guy hasn't pedicured in a long time that makes him looked hooved.

That why the dromedary drivers holiday out of the middle east. If it doesn't happen at home, it doesn't exist...

17 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

That is why I mentioned the US so everyone if did not know knew to look it up. 

You have to say it is pretty fitting for him A-nut though. 

Any UK saying that is of the same nature? Just asking for a friend. : ) 

There's, 'He doesn't know his arse from his elbow'

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HolyCowCm said:

Sure they do, bamboo hut rentals with a nightly price tag of 4000 baht to us richies, and 600 for the Thai. Money is the luxury they see. One thing nobody thinks of is if they can force hotels to go back to high pricing at the top of the time before covid, well they know as well as th hotels do is that a lot of tax will be collected. Higher the room or suite cost, th higher the tax is. 7% of 4000 bht is 280 baht. 2000 bht is 140 baht.

140 baht x 5000 rentals = 700,000 bht. 140 x 20,000 rentals = 2,800,000 for one night. 30 days = 84,000,000

30 days @ 260 bht = 168,000,000 bht. I will guarantee this crosses their minds as well as everything tourists buy, well  almost everything that is will also have a 7% tax sticker on it somewhere. And thoise numbers for the country combined are higher than that, then you throw in tiddly Thai tax from room rentals and now you have a source. Say like an oil well you pump

That's not "luxury and premier holiday" - it's just overpricing and it won't sell - as I sai=d they don't know what it is....

you overlook that investment on "high-end" holiday stuff is more expensive, not just hotels abut eco and infrastructure

You also get a dramatic reduction in numbers - this may pay for the occasional expensive room, but overall spending outside that will go down.

Edited by Khunwilko
  • Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 11:31 AM, HolyCowCm said:

Hey Marc and a good evening to ya.

Yeah, for me it is certainly always still a unique and a great experience for me here no matter what. So I think even for those of us who have been here for years to decades, it is just the same feeling and wundabar. I truly still love this place and the people even after 30 plus years.

I always find it exhilarating, and am never really bored, but just the maybe the sometimes I get the occasional hmmm and pffff with someone as is  a normal thing as you can't like and agree with everyone. But I really never grow old and tired of interacting and traveling with and amongst the Thai people. Now for the USA for me is a more of pulling teeth. But the USA is great for travelling around unless the person you encounter is a complete igit. Now for the USAit is a real huge plus a there are sooo many beautiful-great and fabulous places to travel to and see as like nothing on this earth, but then again I would think 30 - 50% of whom you encounter could be a drag, or maybe I am the drag for them. I love sport venues like basketball games and that is always a bonus thing that if I had the money I would fly back to se games every year no matter what. Unsurpassed fun. Especially with my son or daughter! Wife = Nope!

'Traveling the USA is not overated but the cost and the cost of traveling is definetely something overpriced, and for that cost I would much rather just travel in S.E Asia. Did a butt load of my travleing over my life already, so unless it is something my kids or my real best friends care to do, then it is going to be here, and here is enough for me already as is or can be unadulterated hee haws everytime..

At sometime as I am getting older now nearing 60 now, there will be a cheap oversized bunsen burner with my name on it to char my bones into ashes as I say adieu and my final good bye for the walk onto the white light lighted staircase to the next dimension of the next afterlife.. So after my rant, yes, Thailand is a land of luxury, but hese idiots in goverment need to shut the f up as it is not the gold card way, but it is plainly an awe of luxery of what the peopl and the place stand for and this can not be purchased in a luxory suite. Well it can if th galo is hot enough I guess. I am living the life and it is decades now.

Funny, but I can even find luxory in a bamboo hut depending on where it is at. So these overly rich silver golden spoon a-holes of Thai need to shut TF-up and mind their own business. why do they think people like and respect and love them when in actuality the majority of people don't, but the system is so twisted and compromised and swindled, they are onlyu lucky to be a leader becasue of it, but not a real leader as they lack the intelligence. Their control is bought and or forced by a regime, any regime as even a mafia is of that, but it certainly is not from the regimen of the true thai folk.

I live in Canada for 16 years now but travel to US offer for work and family

And I still get excited to go almost every time

Traveling to Dallas, Chicago in September for work

Traveling to Washington DC for work, then home to Boston for a week in October

Then we off to Thailand for Xmas

A lot of expats shit on their own country, I think more to "justify" their decision to live overseas

I don't see why you can't love both

PS.....The US can be more costly for travel(especially hotels)

I have been extremely fortunate that almost 95% of my travel in US is expensed

On 7/9/2022 at 1:12 AM, Khunwilko said:

That's not "luxury and premier holiday" - it's just overpricing and it won't sell - as I sai=d they don't know what it is....

you overlook that investment on "high-end" holiday stuff is more expensive, not just hotels abut eco and infrastructure

You also get a dramatic reduction in numbers - this may pay for the occasional expensive room, but overall spending outside that will go down.

What infrastructure is really needed?

Probably the most luxurious destination in the world is the Maldives and they don't have great infrastrucre

Many luxury destinations are still developing countries

1 hour ago, Marc26 said:

I live in Canada for 16 years now but travel to US offer for work and family

And I still get excited to go almost every time

Traveling to Dallas, Chicago in September for work

Traveling to Washington DC for work, then home to Boston for a week in October

Then we off to Thailand for Xmas

A lot of expats shit on their own country, I think more to "justify" their decision to live overseas

I don't see why you can't love both

PS.....The US can be more costly for travel(especially hotels)

I have been extremely fortunate that almost 95% of my travel in US is expensed

Well if expensed then there ya go. Don’t get me wrong, I like it but only for a short stint and that’s about it now. Also the food would kill me as my body cannot process it anymore day in day out. I still probably realistically have some US travel left as there are some few great places I want to see still, but preferably with my kids. I am actually really comfortable here and have been for decades, but also I still have some other no. USA travel left in my to do box as well. Just need to see how far I get. But I have lived a pretty darn good life so far. 

3 hours ago, Marc26 said:

What infrastructure is really needed?

Seriously - you don't know and claim the Maldives as an example.?????

Thailand needs utilities drainage water supplies, per, telecom etc etc - they even need to upgrade fitments and furnishings in resorts and in public areas. there are virtually no marinas in Thailand 0 the entire world yachting community is overlooked- they are so far away from "High end and they don't even know what it is. also need to address the concomitant pollution issues. 

Actually, Thai "movers & shakers" dream of the day when Turnstyle Tourism prevails-

A)Foreigners arrive, go through Immigration followed by Confiscation: their credit and debit cards automatically maxed out.

B)Customs Clearance replaced by Departure Gates.

A nice neat solution: no messy contaminating foreigners on Thai soil, only their money.

24 minutes ago, joelg69 said:

Actually, Thai "movers & shakers" dream of the day when Turnstyle Tourism prevails-

A)Foreigners arrive, go through Immigration followed by Confiscation: their credit and debit cards automatically maxed out.

B)Customs Clearance replaced by Departure Gates.

A nice neat solution: no messy contaminating foreigners on Thai soil, only their money.

Do you read what you post?

That is a pathetical rant - I assume you are not in Thailand.