News Forum - PETA awards animal-themed vegan donuts to BKK customs staff

Thaiger

PETA Asia, the regional arm of the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals, has delivered dozens of wildlife-themed vegan doughnuts to Bangkok’s Suvarnabhumi Airport’s wildlife checkpoint and customs staff. Last week the BKK airport staff seized 109 live animals, including 2 white porcupines, 2 armadillos, 20 snakes, 35 turtles and 50 chameleons. All the animals were hidden inside the suitcases of 2 women on their way to Chennai, India. The incident happened on June 27. When BKK authorities x-rayed the women’s suitcases, they spotted the live animals, according to the chief of the wildlife checkpoint at Suvarnabhumi, Sathon Khong-ngern. PETA’ senior VP […]

The story PETA awards animal-themed vegan donuts to BKK customs staff as seen on Thaiger News.

Read the full story

PETA is one of those funny organizations which I both like and dislike.

I dislike them as they are one of the most Politically-Correct, pretentious organizations out there, often going too far in their advocacy. And, they are often over the top sanctimonious.

On the other hand, I am an animal lover who greatly values and supports organizations which stick up for the Animal kingdom; anyone who has ever had a dog, a cat, or any other animal friend will agree.

I strike a middle ground; I make fun of their self-importance while sending cash to other, more reasonable groups who take care of animals. All who live in Thailand know, or should know, the Soi Dog Foundation and hopefully donates money to them. No, they don't solve the issue of all strays in the Kingdom, but they help and do good work.

I also have a thing for Pamela Anderson...

PAMpartsPETA72-2.thumb.webp.9e0d3214ccc53d2f68f3db9efede31ba.webp