Covid Analysis

RWD

I have calculated some statistics on Covid which may be of interest to this forum platform.  

image.png.457e6d0ef44e3335f84e4edc001bceab.png 

NZ and Australia responses have been lauded world-wide, but that was always to be expected as they are island nations (Albeit the Australian one rather large and barren as evidenced the lower populations).  But the important factor of the pandemic response is the fatality rate, not the overall number of infections nor the stupidity of at risk populace.  So although Australia has only had 910 fatalities attributed the disease, the fatality rate of 2.99% of confirmed cases tells a different story.  Australia is not managing very well at all, in fact they are being out-perfmed by even the US, and the existing travel bubble between NZ and Austalia has been burst due to a pair of travellers being tested positive after their "holiday" in New Zealand.  Whilst to date no cases of localalised infection have been detected in New Zealand places of interest bars, restaurants have been closed, staff have been unemployed for two weeks, some are in quarantine.  The tourism dollars spent in NZ by visitors from OZ chas not validated the NZ-OZ bubble and as sure as the tourism operators are they will profit from Phuket and other islands from opening infections I suspect are likely to occur.  

Whilst some people are opining Thailand's intial response was great, but the Governement has more recently been less than that, these figures make one thing more clear to me than any other factor.  Thailand, with a fatality ratio of only 0.79% has out-performed even NZ, despite the massive borders to patrol.  Another possibility is that herd immunity is already advanced her for one reason or another.  Or perhaps the methods of validating the fatality to the virus should be investigated.   

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, RWD said:

~

Whilst some people are opining Thailand's intial response was great, but the Governement has more recently been less than that, these figures make one thing more clear to me than any other factor.  Thailand, with a fatality ratio of only 0.79% has out-performed even NZ, despite the massive borders to patrol.  Another possibility is that herd immunity is already advanced her for one reason or another.  Or perhaps the methods of validating the fatality to the virus should be investigated.   

Excellent post.  I have repeatedly questioned Thailand's statistics as it is my belief the 'confirmed case' count includes a large proportion of false positives.  Rapid Antigen testing is not sufficiently accurate. 

>

The disparity between NZ and Aus fatalities is an odd one.

• Like 1

You are factoring in 2020  draconian shut down, which was admirable and stopped Covid . But,   remove that time period and look at what is occurring from April 01 onward and it is alarming.  

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ChristyS said:

You are factoring in 2020  draconian shut down, which was admirable and stopped Covid . But,   remove that time period and look at what is occurring from April 01 onward and it is alarming.  

Alarming, indeed!

Hello, ChristyS and welcome to Thaiger Talk

Please feel free to tell us a bit about yourself in 'Introductions'. It's good to pick-up on those sometimes differing regional or geographical perspectives.

And check-out the Guidelines, too, when you get a free minute. They're there to help us all enjoy our time here.

Happy posting

King Cotton

• Like 1