TM6 (arrival/departure cards) - Scrapped?

2 hours ago, Stevejm said:

You could give it a try. In theory it should flag an error when you enter your latest arrival date which will be less than 90 days before your report date. If it goes through you will be covered anyway.

That is actually what happened when I came back in June; I received a 90 day reminder a few days later.

19 minutes ago, Chaimai said:

That is actually what happened when I came back in June; I received a 90 day reminder a few days later.

And it was approved when you submitted it with your latest arrival date?

1 hour ago, Stevejm said:

And it was approved when you submitted it with your latest arrival date?

Yes.......

.....but 90 days from the approval date, NOT 90 days from my arrival date.🙂

Arrived 13 June

Usual notification to make report received 15 June

Report made 17 June

Accepted 18 June

Next report due 16 September (90 days after 18 June)

1 hour ago, Chaimai said:

Yes.......

.....but 90 days from the approval date, NOT 90 days from my arrival date.🙂

Arrived 13 June

Usual notification to make report received 15 June

Report made 17 June

Accepted 18 June

Next report due 16 September (90 days after 18 June)

Got it! So your 90 day report cycle is now based on your previous approval not your latest arrival? I suppose it’s all a bit odd but workable😄. I will be traveling in December returning after 3 weeks so I will be interested to see what happens.

16 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

Got it! So your 90 day report cycle is now based on your previous approval not your latest arrival? I suppose it’s all a bit odd but workable😄. I will be traveling in December returning after 3 weeks so I will be interested to see what happens.

The interesting thing is that my 'official' reporting date SHOULD be 90 days after arrival but with the systems not linked up I will keep getting reminders based on the last approval.

I actually returned again on 22nd July which means that my reporting date should be 20th October. Nothing has changed on the system which still shows 16th September.

I am going to Cambodia in a couple of weeks and will return on 25th August which will push the 'official' report date to 23rd November.

I am fairly confident that I will get a reminder around 30/31 August and I am happy to submit (although I have no need to) an online report on 2nd September.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Chaimai said:

The interesting thing is that my 'official' reporting date SHOULD be 90 days after arrival but with the systems not linked up I will keep getting reminders based on the last approval.

I actually returned again on 22nd July which means that my reporting date should be 20th October. Nothing has changed on the system which still shows 16th September.

I am going to Cambodia in a couple of weeks and will return on 25th August which will push the 'official' report date to 23rd November.

I am fairly confident that I will get a reminder around 30/31 August and I am happy to submit (although I have no need to) an online report on 2nd September.

Have you tried using the phone application? It might be different again 😂

• Haha 1

On 8/8/2022 at 8:39 PM, Chaimai said:

It’s really quite astounding that the two systems are not linked after all the end product is the same for both !!

I will travel oseas today and return Sept 2nd , will most likely get a reminder Sept 4th ( for a current Sept 19th due date ) .

Normally would be tempted to do it online again and leave it at that but as I will be returning visa exempt with a view to get an O visa and subsequent retirement extension ( yup, dumping the OA cash cow extension ) will visit immigration to set the wheels in motion and let them decide my 90 day date , presumably Dec 1st.

For sure getting back into the 90 days online loop will be interesting but thankfully my IO is only 15 mins away and not highly populated.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

Normally would be tempted to do it online again and leave it at that but as I will be returning visa exempt with a view to get an O visa and subsequent retirement extension ( yup, dumping the OA cash cow extension ) will visit immigration to set the wheels in motion and let them decide my 90 day date , presumably Dec 1st.

You won't be due a further 90 day report until after your 1-year extension is approved.

By my estimation, end of March.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DwizzleyMatthews said:

but as I will be returning visa exempt with a view to get an O visa and subsequent retirement extension ( yup, dumping the OA cash cow extension )

If you have a valid Re-entry Permit, you will NOT be able to dump your OA visa/Permission to Stay.

Just realising that a Multiple Entry Re-entry Permit has this disadvantage!

Would that be correct, Faz?

1 minute ago, M.O. said:

If you have a valid Re-entry Permit, you will NOT be able to dump your OA visa/Permission to Stay.

Yup, thankfully i have no re-entry permit.

• Like 1

On 8/1/2022 at 10:41 AM, Stevejm said:

I haven’t personally but I got an email from Thailand Elite confirming that TM6 has been scrapped effective 1st July. They also advised that when processing TM30 via the app or otherwise the TM6 box should be left blank. Hope this helps 

While on the subject, I am told that certain categories of Thailand Elite Visa do not require the 90 day reporting. 

Are you able to confirm or deny.? 

The Thailand Elite website reiterates that everybody here over 90 days needs to report. I tend to believe the website but was looking for confirmation. 

8 minutes ago, M.O. said:

Correct.

Leave the day your current permission of stay and re-entry permit expire, wait a day, then you'll be able to re-enter VE and follow the procedure for Non O > 1 year extension.

@DwizzleyMatthews already obviously had the foresight not to obtain a re-entry permit, therefore when he leaves, any remaining permission of stay he may have had will be cancelled.

Going off-topic on this one, so appreciate if you have any questions, please open a new topic.

6 minutes ago, Wanderer said:

Deny.
All holders of the Elite Visa types must submit 90-day reports.

If you stay in Bangkok or Phuket (or is that Pattaya?), Elite Visa will submit 90-day reports on your behalf.
Elsewhere, you're responsible to submit yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

While on the subject, I am told that certain categories of Thailand Elite Visa do not require the 90 day reporting. 

The Thailand Elite website reiterates that everybody here over 90 days needs to report. I tend to believe the website but was looking for confirmation. 

No that is definitely not correct. All TE members are required to comply with TM30 and 90 day reporting requirements. See latest advice below. What people might be thinking of is the new 10 year LTR  visa which I read has a reporting requirement extended to annually instead of 90 days.

https://asq.in.th/thailand-ltr-long-term-resident-visa

7E511ACD-4ECB-440E-9A5E-6D018322BE5F.jpeg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Wanderer said:

Many thanks Faz, yes I believe Pattaya do it. 

FYI although I have had TE do my reporting for me in Bangkok since 2019 I now do both TM30 and 90 day through the Apps. ( TE don’t do the TM30 for you anyway) The only slight quirk is that when you enter the visa expiration date into the 90 day form you have to put the expiration date of your current stay permit and not the TE visa expiration date or it is rejected.

• Thanks 1

UPDATE:

I just returned from Ventianne and was surprised that the immigration officer insisted that I fill in a TM6! Told him that I came in at BKK last week and did not have to do one. His reply was that it is still required in Nong Khai. Something about procedures still not updated...

So. TM6 not scrapped... at some entry point(s)...

28 minutes ago, M.O. said:

UPDATE:

I just returned from Ventianne and was surprised that the immigration officer insisted that I fill in a TM6! Told him that I came in at BKK last week and did not have to do one. His reply was that it is still required in Nong Khai. Something about procedures still not updated...

So. TM6 not scrapped... at some entry point(s)...

Interesting. I just checked the notification that I received from TE about TM6 and it does specifically state that it is scrapped for arrivals by air. Presumably you came by land as you mentioned Nong Khai

A77D8E33-CB4E-44B4-955C-CAD7D48276A3.jpeg

17 hours ago, Stevejm said:

Interesting. I just checked the notification that I received from TE about TM6 and it does specifically state that it is scrapped for arrivals by air. Presumably you came by land as you mentioned Nong Khai

A77D8E33-CB4E-44B4-955C-CAD7D48276A3.jpeg

Ah, important point. Scrapped only for airport entries!

Planning to pop over to Savannakhet in a few days. (Yes, I'm driving all around Isaan...) Will see how that works out. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

It looks like they are proposing to drop the TM6 requirement for land borders too.

https://tna.mcot.net/english-news-1000572

From your link:
TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that TAT would propose tourist visas be valid for 45 days instead of 30 days and visas on arrival for 30 days instead of 15 days and the measure should continue until Dec 31, 2022.

According to him, TAT will also propose to end the requirement for visitors arriving by land from Laos and Malaysia to fill in the TM6 immigration form to facilitate their visits and prevent crowding at immigration checkpoints. Tourism-related operators discussed the proposal with the prime minister on July 18.

No mention of land border crossings from Cambodia, or entry by sea.
They weave their own web of confusing entry conditions.
Either totally scrap the TM6, or don't.
Transparency and consistency required to avoid even more confusion.

36 minutes ago, Faz said:

From your link:
TAT governor Yuthasak Supasorn said that TAT would propose tourist visas be valid for 45 days instead of 30 days and visas on arrival for 30 days instead of 15 days and the measure should continue until Dec 31, 2022.

According to him, TAT will also propose to end the requirement for visitors arriving by land from Laos and Malaysia to fill in the TM6 immigration form to facilitate their visits and prevent crowding at immigration checkpoints. Tourism-related operators discussed the proposal with the prime minister on July 18.

No mention of land border crossings from Cambodia, or entry by sea.
They weave their own web of confusing entry conditions.
Either totally scrap the TM6, or don't.
Transparency and consistency required to avoid even more confusion.

Yes it’s as clear as mud isn’t it? Anyway we will see what comes out of today’s meeting. It was discussed in July but only now being finalized if at all. The reference to 45 day tourist visas is also confusing as the last time I got a tourist visa it was good for 60 days I think. Makes me think they are referring to the VE on arrival!

43 minutes ago, Stevejm said:

The reference to 45 day tourist visas is also confusing as the last time I got a tourist visa it was good for 60 days I think. Makes me think they are referring to the VE on arrival!

Yeah, the proposed 45-day entry is in relation to VOA and VE entries.

If you recall during the Covid restrictions and quarantine periods they temporarily increased the permission of stay from VE entries to 45 days in an attempt to attract more tourist.
Desperate and clutching at straws, IMO.

2 hours ago, Faz said:

Yeah, the proposed 45-day entry is in relation to VOA and VE entries.

If you recall during the Covid restrictions and quarantine periods they temporarily increased the permission of stay from VE entries to 45 days in an attempt to attract more tourist.
Desperate and clutching at straws, IMO.

I agree. I think it’s one of those things that might look good on paper but makes little difference in practice. If I remember correctly the 45 days was originally derived from the 30 day VE plus 15 days quarantine. I think most people who come on holiday probably come for 2-4 weeks anyway so an additional 15 days won’t really attract more visitors. It doesn’t do any harm though so no complaints😄